This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old April 28th, 2007, 04:06 AM

Sergeant

GuyOfDoom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Cyber Nation

I'm curious as to what this "rogue" exactly references. If you mean I selected and attacked my targets as everyone else in the game does fine. If I didn't wait for someone on high to give me permission to use the restroom, then again you're right.

I joined the Wombat Protectorate because it was the SE forum getting together in another format. It appears many of you got greedy and weren't satisfied with that and joined other teams. I looked at the alliance as a friendly competition among internet aquaintances. Some of you obviously took it far more seriously.

You mention honor as if I had any idea about this silly GW3. Again you somehow think EVERYONE was supposed to know about it.

Did I attack an alliance? Yes
Realisticly was there anyway for me to know it's reputation short of camping on the Cybernations forums? No

Cybernations was something I did for about 10 mins a day to have fun and get a little satisfaction in creating something. Something I created on my own without any handouts or alliance support or aid or any nonsense of the sort.

I have no problem that I attacked a nation and they had a buddy come beat me down. The fact that 3 of them who all were far greater strength then me is kinda just sad. It's about as awesome as the griefers on MMO's killing people 20+ lvls lower than them. As for getting crushed like a man, again if I were being crushed by ONE stronger guy then yeah fine I made a mistake. 3 is "LOOK AT US WE'RE SUPER COOL, YOU"RE NOT WE'RE 1337 YOU WISH YOU WERE COOL LIKE US" Especially when I gave away what I had to a friend and they still attack me when it accomplishes NOTHING.

I honestly take issue with a game that has mechanics such that the stronger you get the more you can beat on the little guy. THe range of 200% to 50% makes sense from a game mechanic perspective, but not much from a balance perspective.

As for "the Admin allows it so it must be ok" There's a difference between allowing it and endorsing it. There's also the realization that you can't ban everything and people will find the loophole regardless.
Old April 28th, 2007, 04:15 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Combat Wombat is on a distinguished road

Well I was going to make a post to tell everyone to stop but I think in this last post GoD makes alot of valid points.

I think everyone will agree that this does not need to turn into flaming(not saying that anyone has flamed yet) so keep the emotions in check.

A* Se+++ GdQ $? Fr! C* Css Sf-- Ai% Au M+++ Mp* S@ Ss++++ RNSHP Pw++ Fq+++ Nd++ Rp++ G++++ Mm++ Bb+++@ L+ Tcp--
Get the newest Version of Invasion! here: http://www.secenter.org/

Old April 28th, 2007, 07:29 PM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

The arrangement Atrocities describes isn't all that much different from a real world colonial empire.

Quote:
GuyOfDoom said:people are too obessed with Cybernations
So far, I've encountered more people who IMO don't take the game seriously enough, than people who seem to take it too seriously.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old April 29th, 2007, 12:30 AM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Heh I've realized over the past while that my resources (coal and uranium) totally suck...I have a hell of a time keeping my trade slots filled, only have 3 out of 5 filled at the moment

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old April 29th, 2007, 10:14 AM

Corporal

Beck is on a distinguished road

Actually coal isn't too bad, it is a component for five bonus resources. It's the uranium that is the source of your trade problems, not coal. Uranium has a number of negative side effects, chief being it's affect on a nation's environment (you don't see it, because it was changed and only the nations it's being traded to now suffer the effects). So it's very typical for a nation to trade for uranium, buy a bunch of nukes, then cancel the trade. If a nation does this, the maximum a trade would last is 21 days since they can only buy one a day and can have a max of 21. But most don't buy that many, so you're lucky if it lasts two weeks. There has been a lot of discussion about what to do about uranium and a number of other weak resources (like furs) to balance things against all the must have resources. So far, nothing has been done. Admin really needs to do something about this because there are now a growing number of players who start a nation, and if it doesn't have the resources they want, delete and start over until they get what they want. It does take time since you have to wait several days or so between attempts, but it shows the emphasis being placed on having popular resources, some probably being too good (popular). If you have iron, wheat, fish, marble, lumber or aluminum, you're in great shape particularly if you're really lucky and have two of that group. It really shouldn't have that much importance, they should have been balanced better.
Old April 29th, 2007, 11:21 AM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road

What about lead? I started with lead and iron and I get the occasional offer of 100ks to trade with people, although it seems someone has dropped a trade with me without telling me or something.
Old April 29th, 2007, 12:47 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Combat Wombat is on a distinguished road

Yeah I have to say one of the things thats really disapointed me is the resource system. Luckily I seem to have started with a good combo wine/furs.

A* Se+++ GdQ $? Fr! C* Css Sf-- Ai% Au M+++ Mp* S@ Ss++++ RNSHP Pw++ Fq+++ Nd++ Rp++ G++++ Mm++ Bb+++@ L+ Tcp--
Get the newest Version of Invasion! here: http://www.secenter.org/

Old April 29th, 2007, 01:36 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Randallw said:
What about lead? I started with lead and iron and I get the occasional offer of 100ks to trade with people, although it seems someone has dropped a trade with me without telling me or something.
Lead is generally considered one of the worst unless you going to war a lot since it's direct benefits are all military related. It too suffers an environment penalty and it's not needed for the most desired bonus resources (it's only used for microchips and scholars). Iron on the other hand is one of the best and hence why you might have received the offers.

On the loss of a trade, if you received absolutely no notice, not even that the trade was cancelled (there is an automatic message send to the other nation if you cancel a trade), then the nation was deleted either for inactivity or some ingame infraction of the rules. There is no notice given when a nation is deleted. I periodically look at the nations I trade with just to see if one may soon be deleted for inactivity so that I have some warning (spoken by someone who has lost two trades to inactive nations in a three day stretch).
Old April 29th, 2007, 05:43 PM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Hmmm, so how would this work:

I gift everything possible to one of you guys, delete my nation, wait a few days, start over until I get better resources, and then get whoever I gift the stuff to to give it back?

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old April 29th, 2007, 05:58 PM

Corporal

Well, it'll take more like two weeks. If you gift your stuff to someone, you'll have to wait 10 days for all your slots to clear before you'll be allowed to delete your nation. Sell off all your infrastructure and land and send the cash along with your tech to someone to hold for you. It would be a nice jesture if you notified your trading partners that you planned to delete your nation so that they could start to find new trades. You'll probably be allowed to start another new one right away, since nations deleting due to the war basically did, the waiting period I think kicks in if you needed to delete that nation gets right away so that you can't sit there starting and deleting until you get what you want.