This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Intel Forum Bar & Grill

Old May 15th, 2005, 10:33 PM

Private

Renegade is on a distinguished road
Default If It Angers Them, I Say Do It

Why the double standard? I mean its ok for the Arabs to burn our flag, murder our soldiers, blow up our buildings, kill children, and behead inocent people and the world says nothing. Yet a false report of an a quran being flushed spawns a world wide holly war?

I say to hell with them. I say for every American those S.O.B's kill we take 100 quran and cover them in pigs blood and human waste, then flush them!

These hipocritial religious murding zealots either need to be exterminated as a whole, or learn to live with the rest of the civilized world.

I would not hesitate to deface a quran each and every time an American is murdered by these savage heathens! If they don't like it, well then, they can stop the violence. If burning one book, the quran, will save lives, then I say that is the best possible way to deal with the problem. Make it a holly war, go in there and burn all of their qurans!

Stop when they stop killing inocent people.
Old May 15th, 2005, 11:45 PM

Corporal

Leslie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: If It Angers Them, I Say Do It

Matching hate with hate, only allows you to end up with lots of hate.

No, I am not preaching turn the other cheek.

No I am not preaching love them even while they hate you.

It requires learning why they hate, and removing that reason for hating.

It requires being better than they are in actuality, not just believing they are worse and assuming that is enough.

It also means knowing when the noise is coming from a small few squeeky wheels just as it is really only just a loud minority here.

It is just as easy to just paint Muslims all evil fanatics, as it is to just paint all Christians right wing freaks.

Sometimes the above is true, some times not.
Old May 16th, 2005, 08:44 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

@Renegade:
You seem to be mixing and matching here. You say the Arabs do terrible things but a report of defacing the Quran causes a worldwide response amoung Muslims. You do understand the difference dont you? Arabs are a small part of the Muslim world.

Thats like saying the protestant/catholic war in Ireland is doing terrible things so why would a government defacing the bible cause worldwide response. You cant mix a small groups actions to a large religious populations response.

You might want to take a look at who the muslim nations are before suggesting what you did. You would blow apart every major treaty we have on every continent. Most notably NATO and the Pan-Pacific alliances. Nothing like starting a war and losing your strongest allies at the same time.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old May 16th, 2005, 11:42 AM

General

tesco samoa is on a distinguished road

And your post is very racist.

Hey GUTB where did you go...???

He is still driving his mighty armada at 3 miles per month along the interstellar highway bypass and will be arriving shortly
Old May 16th, 2005, 03:31 PM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

That would be totally counterproductive. One thing it would do is push more people across the line to actively opposing US interests, rather than just badmouthing us.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old May 16th, 2005, 05:35 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I understood what he said but I think his main mistake is that he seems to think that he is talking about some patch of sand in the middle east. Many people make that mistake when the subject of Quran and Muslims comes up. Those sand nations arent even the major muslim countries. The US pissing at arab nations is VERY different than recommending that they start pissing on Muslim nations.

Once he gets that BIG error straight
THEN we can start hitting him up for his Arab comments.

Gandalf Parker
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old May 16th, 2005, 06:20 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

I for one could care less about the quran, however I do not think desacrating a Quran would have any effect on the terrorist except to give them even more trumped up crap to insight even more resentment toward the US.

Yes there is a double standard, but when your dealing with people who, for the most part, feel as if we are trying to undermine their way of life, their religion, which is their way of life, then yes, we must treat them with extra care because their religion is their lives.

I get angry at times about what these son of *****es have done to us, and other around the world, and sure it would feel great to tear up a Quran and tell them that I did it, but in the end, even though I might feel better, it might cost some other man his life. For it is just a book to us, but it is far more to them.

I do not think your racist, I think your just angry over the double standard. It is true that if you are resented long enough, you begin to hate the resentor. In this case, as far as the militant fanatics go, I agree, they should be exterminated. But as a whole, islam is older than christanity and even with its flaws, it is still viewed as one of the purest religions on the planet.

Don't punish the inocent to hurt the not so inocent.
Old May 17th, 2005, 05:17 PM

General

capnq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Atrocities said:
islam is older than christanity
No, it isn't. Islam wasn't founded until 622 AD.

"Good morning, Pooh Bear," said Eeyore gloomily. "If it is a good morning," he said. "Which I doubt," said he.
Old May 17th, 2005, 05:40 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

True. In fact, Christ is mentioned in the Quran (3 times I think). But I would agree with the other statement. And it does have a better record historically as a faith of peace.
Old May 17th, 2005, 07:06 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

Quote:
capnq said:
Quote:
Atrocities said:
islam is older than christanity
No, it isn't. Islam wasn't founded until 622 AD.
Really, I just watched a show about it on the History channel or was it PBS, regarding the Hodge and they clearly stated that Islam was far older than christanity by eons.