World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 4th, 2008, 01:34 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: German Motorcycles and their Units

We started to look at the way Bicycle infantry is handled in the game after all the other work had been done but there were code and scenario issues that would have involved extensive testing that would have either delayed the release or forced us to rush testing neither of which we were willing to do so that is a change that will have to wait.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old May 5th, 2008, 01:38 AM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road

Hope to give the new mod a test under combat soon!

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe
Old May 6th, 2008, 06:23 AM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

I'm already happy with the new Kradschuetzen model, I never tried the bicycle infantry but I suppose currently they are fast but must be very vulnerable due to having size=2, just like cavalry. If you go the same way as with the motorcycle units and give them bicycle transports, this would do the trick, but concerning their movement rating I wonder if a satisfactory solution can be found - better just leave them as normal infantery but maybe reduced to size=1 and retain the higher movement rating.
For cavalry, I usually use a combination of cavalry transports, loaded with normal infantry just like in the case of my Krad infantry, plus a few permanently-mounted cav scouts, the type of guys who never leave their saddle, not even for eating, peeing or sleeping ;-).
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:22 PM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road

I must say I too am pleased with the new Kradschuetzen units. Much better and useable than the idea I had come up with. I've blooded them in combat and they seem to behave much like I would image them to. I even have one unit which has worked it's way back into my enemy's rear area and taken out several 5.5in Guns, wish I could say the rest of the battle is going that well, but It's not over yet, (it's a PBEM campaign). Mounting and dismounting their MC's is nice and seamless and I like the fact the drivers are armed too. This is something my idea had missed altogether. All and all I now find them a much more useful addition to my KG’s

Hope you don’t tire of hearing this but another job well done BZ!!!!!

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe