.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old May 28th, 2017, 09:13 AM

Sergeant

Oche is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Daesh Wars series

"Daesh Wars" series - Jobar Counterattack"

Date: April, 2017

Battle Location: Eastern Damascus, Syria

Battle Type: Assault/Delay, Syria (SAA) vs. Red (Syrian Opposition)

Game Length: 17 turns

Difficulty: Medium

DESCRIPTION: Led by 105th Brigade of the Republican Guard, the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and militants launch a counterattack to recapture controlled sites in northern Jobar sector of Eastern Damascus by regime opposition group Tahrir Al-Sham and allies.

Notes: If played against the AI the human player should take the Syrian side.

Sources: Internet (various) Semi-fictional scenario.

Design by Jose Logrono
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jobar counterattack.zip (56.9 KB, 562 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oche For This Useful Post:
Old August 31st, 2018, 05:59 PM

Private

Grimalken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetLT View Post
Is there a way to change the flags?

In the first scenario ISIL Fanatics and Foreign fighters had the same flag as the Kurdish squads. This made things a bit confusing when the house to house fighting began.
Hmm, I see you point. So it's possibly a mistake, which may have added a bit of realism, since daesh don't exactly wear uniforms. One day they pretend to be innocent by mingling with civilians, the next day they are shooting at you.
Old August 31st, 2018, 10:33 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Daesh Wars series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimalken View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetLT View Post
Is there a way to change the flags?

In the first scenario ISIL Fanatics and Foreign fighters had the same flag as the Kurdish squads. This made things a bit confusing when the house to house fighting began.

Hmm, I see you point. So it's possibly a mistake, which may have added a bit of realism, since daesh don't exactly wear uniforms. One day they pretend to be innocent by mingling with civilians, the next day they are shooting at you.
Not so much the daesh fighters pretend to be innocent as they follow this maxim articulated by Mao, "The guerrilla must move amongst the people as a fish swims in the sea."

He doesn't have to pretend as often is the case he is amongst his own people, hence "...as a fish swims in the sea."

Old September 19th, 2018, 08:37 AM

Private

kulik242 is on a distinguished road

Hello, I've been playing these for the past few days:

Battle at Kobani - Marginal victory. Very likable scenario, huge area to defend and forces spread out thin, but enough transport means to ferry troops around as needed. The long city roads are great firing lanes for the otherwise useless technicals.

Battle at Azaz - Marginal victory. This one would be a draw if the AI would hold and defend its ground once the attack has stalled. I had many losses and managed to hold the inner city, after the Turkish banzai charge, I retook the flags with scouts as there was no one left to defent them.

On the road to Manbij - Draw. I don't like attack scenarios where I have no control over the initial setup of my forces. The way my troops were spread out, I was forced to push on the whole front which rarely works. The attack stalled after I couldn't win fire superiority in most places I was pushing. SLIGHT SPOILER ALERT: Strong enemy armor presence, I've run out of ATGM ammo. Perhaps I should save air support to counter enemy armor but I used it to suppress plausible HMG's and sniper locations of which there are many on this map.

Looking forward for playing the rest.
The Following User Says Thank You to kulik242 For This Useful Post:
Old September 21st, 2018, 11:11 AM

Private

Stomping on the turncoats - Marginal defeat. At first sight, it was a disaster waiting to happen. No concealed avenues of approach, large open areas as far as vision allows - ATGM operator heaven. I opted to advance only with dismounts, baited several ATGMs with scouting vehicles and dispatching them with artillery. Took only closest objectives, but preserved my forces intact, most damage was done by Turkish jet dropping cluster bomb on my starting area.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kulik242 For This Useful Post:
Old September 28th, 2018, 02:08 AM

Private

Armor battle near Wuguf - Draw. Hard battle, but very satisfying. SPOILERS AHEAD: Knowing that my T72M1S are no match for the Leo2A4 I pulled them deeper in the orchards and waited till they got closer. I opened up on them on distances of around 1 km and got some nice flank shots. In couple of turns, most of my tanks were burning but so did the Leopards, a good trade if you ask me (and not my tankers). Most kills however got my Hinds and their ATGMs. By the time I was getting reinforcements, a company of T72-B1V and mechanized infantry I thought I've won. Turkish F-16 picked them one by one but once they run out of standoff weapons I still had enough to even counterattack and take some flags back. Then disaster struck, a company of M60T+ and heaps of mechanized infantry. My killzones were smoked and in two turns the enemy tanks kill most of mine who couldn't retaliate because of smoke. I fired like two dozens ATGMs on them but almost non penetrated their defenses,they on the other hand killed everything in their path. I was left with three tanks that were lucky enough to be behind physical cover. In the final turns, my forces were basically gone, but I've reduced the company of M60T+ to a platoon and killed all IFVs. The game ended in a draw but I consider it a defeat since the enemy platoon could just drive around with impunity.

Sofar, I've had a good time playing scenarios in this series, many thanks Oche for making these.

Last edited by kulik242; September 28th, 2018 at 03:56 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to kulik242 For This Useful Post:
Old September 28th, 2018, 06:48 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulik242 View Post
Armor battle near Wuguf - Draw. Hard battle, but very satisfying. SPOILERS AHEAD: Knowing that my T72M1S are no match for the Leo2A4 I pulled them deeper in the orchards and waited till they got closer. I opened up on them on distances of around 1 km and got some nice flank shots. In couple of turns, most of my tanks were burning but so did the Leopards, a good trade if you ask me (and not my tankers). Most kills however got my Hinds and their ATGMs. By the time I was getting reinforcements, a company of T72-B1V and mechanized infantry I thought I've won. Turkish F-16 picked them one by one but once they run out of standoff weapons I still had enough to even counterattack and take some flags back. Then disaster struck, a company of M60T+ and heaps of mechanized infantry. My killzones were smoked and in two turns the enemy tanks kill most of mine who couldn't retaliate because of smoke. I fired like two dozens ATGMs on them but almost non penetrated their defenses,they on the other hand killed everything in their path. I was left with three tanks that were lucky enough to be behind physical cover. In the final turns, my forces were basically gone, but I've reduced the company of M60T+ to a platoon and killed all IFVs. The game ended in a draw but I consider it a defeat since the enemy platoon could just drive around with impunity.

Sofar, I've had a good time playing scenarios in this series, many thanks Oche for making these.
Glad you enjoyed them, i will keep this series going, in due time more to come.
Old September 28th, 2018, 02:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

^It occurred to me that I haven't played the above scenario; probably it didn't make it somehow in the patch. I'll download it and give it a go.
Old September 28th, 2018, 03:12 PM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
^It occurred to me that I haven't played the above scenario; probably it didn't make it somehow in the patch. I'll download it and give it a go.
I hope we'll see it as one of yours awesome ARRs.
Old April 2nd, 2020, 01:37 PM

Sergeant

"Daesh Wars" series - West of Idlib Mountains II

Date: September, 2019*

Battle Location: Idlib Province, West of Idlib, Syria

Battle Type: Advance/Delay, Syrian Arab Army (SAA) vs Al Nusra

Game Length: 18 turns

Difficulty: Medium

DESCRIPTION: Units from The Syrian Arab Army (SAA) 4th Volunteer Assault Corps are drawn near the turkish border in Idlib province to eliminate Al Nusra fighters supplied by fresh incoming 'freedom fighters' sent by Turkish President Erdogan.

Notes: If played against the AI the human player should take the SAA side.

Sources: Fictional scenario.

(This scenario applies fix on scenario #519 included in Consolidation patch 14.0 released on 04/02/2020. This has also been referred to in the Consolidation patch 14.0 release forum thread)

Design by Jose Logrono
Attached Files
File Type: zip West of Idlib mountains II.zip (42.9 KB, 358 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Oche For This Useful Post: