.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 14th, 2013, 04:53 PM

Sergeant

revenant2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Silent Hill - Multi Era - Vet & intermediate - Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbz View Post
Guys I'm really sorry but I have to stop playing computer games for a while.
I dont mind calling revenant2 the winner or finding a substitute to finish my position. Let me know what you think.

I think you and I were heading for a grueling, brutal late-game war that could have lasted months of real time, so I obviously don't have any issues being declared the winner. However, let's see what the other players think before we make this official.

If we do want to continue, it might take awhile to find a substitute with D4 around the corner, so we should be prepared for quite a delay. Obviously, going AI wouldn't be an option with your commanding position.

When this game is over, I'll write up a quick AAR.
Old July 15th, 2013, 06:14 AM

First Lieutenant

bbz is on a distinguished road

Ye I was really afraid because our positions are similar so the brutal late game would have taken as my mentioned months maybe half a year. But at the end I think you'd have won just because you had a better way to generate unlimited ammout of undead chaff.
I dont really know, I had about 150 blood slaves income(which I was planning on turning into about 200-250 at some point) so it would have been an interesting game. Also had 20% forge reduction + the two hammers(16 S rings of sorcery) and also 20% enchantress reduction hence the many grendelkins that I had. I also had the chalice and tartarian factory(and almost all of the artifacts) and I'd gotten deep into death magic so that I could eventually use undead mastery against you. So I dont really know who would have won between us two but I figured that you probably would have lead a war of attiration which would eventually make you the winner(with all those 30k undead chaff). Anyways it was a really fun game and I'm sorry that I'm leaving for now maybe once I get my life sorted I'll come back.
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:38 AM

Sergeant

Quote:
Ye I was really afraid because our positions are similar so the brutal late game would have taken as my mentioned months maybe half a year. But at the end I think you'd have won just because you had a better way to generate unlimited ammout of undead chaff.
I dont really know, I had about 150 blood slaves income(which I was planning on turning into about 200-250 at some point) so it would have been an interesting game. Also had 20% forge reduction + the two hammers(16 S rings of sorcery) and also 20% enchantress reduction hence the many grendelkins that I had. I also had the chalice and tartarian factory(and almost all of the artifacts) and I'd gotten deep into death magic so that I could eventually use undead mastery against you. So I dont really know who would have won between us two but I figured that you probably would have lead a war of attiration which would eventually make you the winner(with all those 30k undead chaff). Anyways it was a really fun game and I'm sorry that I'm leaving for now maybe once I get my life sorted I'll come back.
I had been watching you closely this game and tailoring my forces to fight specifically against you. For instance, you relied on a large raiding force to blitzkrieg your opponents in the first turns of war, but I had fielded a large force of anti-raiders (Golems and Asynjas) that were specifically geared to knock out your your raiders and been frantically building fortresses to protect my territory. Next turn alone I would have had an additional 6 completed and probably had another 6-7 in various stages of construction.

I knew Undead Mastery would be coming and likely Purgatory as well, so I made sure all of my armies I was assembling could cast it in return with full penetration gear and had a large number of fire gems ready to cast Purgatory. I think Earthquake (which I know you like to use) would have been an issue (assuming you got first strike), although I did try to mitigate by having Gift of Health up and spreading my dominion around (this is to protect my mages of course -- undead are expendable).

Although you were generating more gems then me, I didn't need to spend very many gems myself and had stock-piled quite a few. Although I had been building some SCs and had my own tart factory going, I never used a single SC or thug in battle and didn't foresee needing to use them much beyond an anti-raiding role so I didn't have to deal with any attrition.

On the ritual front, my long-term plan was to wish away some of your key artifacts and then put up a 999 gem Arcane Nexus with my 20% enchantment site and then tear down your enchantments one-by-one as I flooded you with a bunch of smaller armies backed with about 2,500 undead generation a turn (more later as additional fortresses came online). It probably would have taken me only 5-6 turns to accumulate enough astral gems to pull off this strategy, although I was still coming up with the list of artifacts to hit first. It depended on whether I thought you were capable of casting wish or not.

I think one of the problems you would have faced would have been trying to crack my fortresses. With Arouse Hunger spam, I can fortify a fortress pretty easily. If you tried to send in a large army, I would have blasted it to smithereens with Flames from the Sky and Murdering winter (or tried to steal it with Master enslave). I was actually very worried about you doing the same with me, and was planning to send in a bunch of smaller armies to try to mitigate.

I had my own blood economy going, although I didn't make much use of it. I was thinking that in a grueling, long-term game, it would be handy for the three red seconds spell to secure territory gains and to help minimize spending gems.

By the way, I have about a million guys that can cast Vengeance of the Dead -- some of which have full penetration gear (my mind hunters) -- that were itching to knock out Tredel, your Grendelkin, that was using the sickle to harvest death gems from Pangaea. He was a strategic threat and every turn I agonized whether to break our NAP and knock him out (using either VotD or my anti-raiders), but I figured the long-game favored me and it was best to preserve the peace.
Old July 15th, 2013, 12:54 PM

First Lieutenant

bbz is on a distinguished road

Well after reading what you had ready for me. I'm sure I wouldnt have been able to beat you. And not because of my economy, but purely because you are a better player and you deserve the win I was thinking about all the tricks that you mentioned and about the nexus but I didnt manage to stockpile any gems due to the fact that I've been fighting since turn 20-30(cant remember now) but ye... Win is yours if no one else disagrees
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:36 PM

First Lieutenant

mattyburn7 is on a distinguished road

Wow...my brain just exploded reading that strategy...also taugh me some things too!
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:55 PM

Sergeant

I extended hosting until 19:07 GMT on Friday July 19th, which I'm hoping will give everyone enough time to comment about whether we should continue or not. If I don't hear any nays, then I'm planning to end the game at this time.
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:56 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Well after reading what you had ready for me. I'm sure I wouldnt have been able to beat you. And not because of my economy, but purely because you are a better player and you deserve the win I was thinking about all the tricks that you mentioned and about the nexus but I didnt manage to stockpile any gems due to the fact that I've been fighting since turn 20-30(cant remember now) but ye... Win is yours if no one else disagrees
I think you are being overtly generous in your praise. I was lucky that I was able to take advantage of a couple of opportunities and managed to avoid getting dog-piled on.
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:39 PM

Corporal

starcryst is on a distinguished road

I'm good with Ermor getting the win if Patala is.
Old July 19th, 2013, 04:35 AM

Sergeant

It's been about a week and I haven't heard any nays, so I'm declaring the game finished on Llamaserver.

Thanks for playing everyone!
The Following User Says Thank You to revenant2 For This Useful Post: