Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 29th, 2009, 03:36 PM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Armoured Car Tactics

No dsiagreement there, and well put especially for any out there who are trying to employ these assets properly.

Bob out

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe
Old March 29th, 2009, 04:35 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Armoured Car Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reset View Post
I think it all depends on mission type,what type of force you have chosen,enemy faced,and overall disposition to recon.

As an example i am trying out a armored infantry battalion,long campaign,during meeting engagements the scouts are never meant to engage but locate enemy forces then fall back upon the main force while keeping in contact,in the safest manner with the enemy.Thereby allowing the main force to meet them in the most advantageous manner possible.

During advance or assault their main mission is to move ahead of the main force then once shots are fired to fall back while the heavy lifters take up the slack.

During Defend and Delay they are to determine the main axis of advance..then fall back.

At no time should lightly armed/armored scout units fight it out,and even if they do their first priority should be to find a way out of the engagement with the least risk to themselves.

What they do allow you to do:

Setup roadblocks or ambushes.

Concentrate your forces to meet an oncoming force or to find a weak spot and once gain to concentrate your efforts and firepower on a breakthrough.

I was with you all the way until you made this statement.

A single armored car or scout is as valueable as a platoon of infantry or armor.
Can pltatoon of infr. be ko'd by a single shot?
And i always thought infr. is much better at bushwacking,but that may be only my opinion.
Old March 29th, 2009, 05:47 PM

BANNED USER

Ramm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reset View Post
I think it all depends on mission type,what type of force you have chosen,enemy faced,and overall disposition to recon.

As an example i am trying out a armored infantry battalion,long campaign,during meeting engagements the scouts are never meant to engage but locate enemy forces then fall back upon the main force while keeping in contact,in the safest manner with the enemy.Thereby allowing the main force to meet them in the most advantageous manner possible.

During advance or assault their main mission is to move ahead of the main force then once shots are fired to fall back while the heavy lifters take up the slack.

During Defend and Delay they are to determine the main axis of advance..then fall back.

At no time should lightly armed/armored scout units fight it out,and even if they do their first priority should be to find a way out of the engagement with the least risk to themselves.

What they do allow you to do:

Setup roadblocks or ambushes.

Concentrate your forces to meet an oncoming force or to find a weak spot and once gain to concentrate your efforts and firepower on a breakthrough.

I was with you all the way until you made this statement.

A single armored car or scout is as valueable as a platoon of infantry or armor.
Can pltatoon of infr. be ko'd by a single shot?
And i always thought infr. is much better at bushwacking,but that may be only my opinion.
But first they have to get there Rate of speed is important because warfare is inherently geographic in nature. The fundamental military problem in steel panthers is a space-time problem, as Nathan Bedford Forrest succinctly observed "getting there firstest with the mostest." For bushwhacking a platoon of infantry, a platoon of infantry would be best but against the side/rear armor of an AFV a swift and well armed scout car is the choice that produces the goods

Andrew

Last edited by Ramm; March 29th, 2009 at 05:54 PM..
Old March 29th, 2009, 08:21 PM

Captain

[/quote]

But first they have to get there Rate of speed is important because warfare is inherently geographic in nature. The fundamental military problem in steel panthers is a space-time problem, as Nathan Bedford Forrest succinctly observed "getting there firstest with the mostest." For bushwhacking a platoon of infantry, a platoon of infantry would be best but against the side/rear armor of an AFV a swift and well armed scout car is the choice that produces the goods
[/quote]

I like your anaolgy of calvary in the Civil War
Being a CW buff.
The problem is here in modern warfare it does not work.
One pop or two from a ATG then the charge is done! over and done with and altough a valant effort just a big blunder.
Hope your not using 19th century tactics in 20th century warfare.
Remember the poles charging with lances on tanks?

Last edited by gila; March 29th, 2009 at 08:40 PM..
Old March 29th, 2009, 08:48 PM

BANNED USER

[/quote]

Being a CW buff.
One pop or two from a ATG then the charge is done! over and done with and altough a valant effort just a big blunder.
Remember the poles charging with lances on tanks?[/quote]

You misunderestimate me I'm just saying the player who gets to the objective first with his forces intact is then able to defend with an improved chance of success. I'm certainly not advocating civil war tactics on the modern battlefield.

Andrew
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:57 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramm View Post
Being a CW buff.
Remember the poles charging with lances on tanks?[/quote]

You misunderestimate me I'm just saying the player who gets to the objective first with his forces intact is then able to defend with an improved chance of success. I'm certainly not advocating civil war tactics on the modern battlefield.

Andrew[/quote]

I know what you mean by getting there first!
It does force them to come out thier holes and Fight!on your grounds
Old March 30th, 2009, 12:20 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nobody did that actually, the cavalry attacked an infantry column and when the presence of tanks was revealed, the shortest route to forest and thus to safety simply led through the Panzer column for a part of the Cavalry force
Old March 30th, 2009, 12:52 AM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek_Tucan View Post
Quote:
Nobody did that actually, the cavalry attacked an infantry column and when the presence of tanks was revealed, the shortest route to forest and thus to safety simply led through the Panzer column for a part of the Cavalry force
That's i've read it was lance's on tanks whether or not it's true:
Old March 30th, 2009, 12:52 AM

BANNED USER

Where did you hear that Marek?

Andrew
Old March 30th, 2009, 01:01 AM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek_Tucan View Post
Quote:
Your take on the battle is more logical