.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old May 27th, 2013, 04:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Melee at Tehumardi

Here I present you my first scenario for SPWW2. I have several other ideas and I will be soon ready to serve them for you.

Quote:
Melee at Tehumardi*
Date: 5th October 1944*
Type: Soviet and German meeting engagement*
Design: Marcin "SaS TrooP" Kaluza*
The Soviet Moonzund Landing Operation on the 29th of September 1944 had quickly gained ground. The smaller island of Muhu (Moon) was given up with little organized resistance, as was Hiiumaa (Dago). On the 5th of October, the Russians landed on Saaremaa. In a reversal of the fighting in 1941, the Germans conducted a quick fighting withdrawal, and planned to make a stand on the easily defendable peninsula of Sorve (Sworbe).
Two infantry battalions from the German 67th Potsdam Grenadier Regiment from the 23rd Infantry Division (Germany) had occupied a defensive position on the Nasva river, just West of the city of Kuressaare (Arensburg). They were a part of Kampfgruppe Eulenburg, most of which already had taken up positions on the Sorve peninsula. The first and second battalions were commanded by Hauptmanner (Captains) H. Ulrichs and K. Ritter, respectively. Together, the reduced battalions mustered about 700-750 men. As they were unable to communicate with their parent unit and they felt increasingly isolated, towards midnight on the 8th the order was given to retreat to Sorve.
Meanwhile, bypassing the German position on the Nasva, Russian units moved south to occupy positions astride the main road leading to the peninsula. These were elements of the 307th anti-tank Battalion from the Russian 249th Rifle Division, about 370 men commanded by Major V. Miller. Later that evening, they were joined by the 1st battalion of the 917th regiment, approximately 300 men commanded by Major G. Karaulnov, advancing down a secondary road leading to the small village of Tehumardi, right before the bottleneck of the peninsula. Many of the soldiers in the Russian units were forcibly conscripted Estonians. Due to lack of reconnaissance, the Russians were unaware of the withdrawing German units, and the stage was set for a confused night battle when the forces met head-on.
Source: "Halten bis zum letzen Mann; Der Kampf um Osel", Interessengemeinschaft "Osel 1941-1944", Busum 2004*

I was trying to be as accurate as I could: units reworked to simulate Estonian conscripts, few surnames, google earth made map etc.
Medium scenario, battalion sized, but on VERY small terrain, so be ready for massive combat.

Hope you like it!
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Scn445.7z (41.1 KB, 378 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old August 22nd, 2016, 06:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: Melee at Tehumardi

This scenario I found on my computer was also released and omitted. Attack it if you like
Old August 24th, 2016, 11:15 PM

Major

Thanked 1,053 Times in 619 Posts
RetLT is on a distinguished road

Another fun one. Got a DV playing both sides.

German trucks play horse drawn sound effects when they move. Very odd.
Old August 25th, 2016, 07:54 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetLT View Post
Another fun one. Got a DV playing both sides.

German trucks play horse drawn sound effects when they move. Very odd.

If they do that it's becasue they have ( likely ) been slowed down to horse drawn speeds

From MOBHack Help

Quote:
Also note - one of these overrides is some truck classes with speed of 6 points or less - this was the original horse drawn fix, and was left in as some OB designers wanted to have both trucks and horse wagons available for purchase in the same formations.
Old August 27th, 2016, 10:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hmm, didn't notice that bug Im afraid. But yes, I decreased vehicle speed so they remained with the infantry instead of randomly maneuvering. Also, terrain was muddy back then...