.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old May 24th, 2013, 09:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road
Default Scenario: #087-Wiking Fire Brigade

This is rather neat IMHO. You're expected to assault objectives over several miles of mostly level terrain with high visibility. There's a town with maybe half a dozen VH's within two miles of the starting position that will take some effort, but with only 15 turns you can hardly commit everything to this single objective cluster without forfeiting hundreds of points to the west (the Germans are attacking from the east in this battle).

This scenario is relatively wide-open so it plays more like an advance. You have a variety of options, lots of room to maneuver, and with everybody mechanized you can afford to take the "indirect approach." You've also got plenty of artillery to lay smoke and HE to prepare your advance.

Sound easy? Actually, no; at least not for me. The town sucked in too many of my guys, and the western striking force was too little, too late. But I've never had so much fun getting a marginal win!