Old April 18th, 2017, 01:07 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OOB 066 Sweden [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfir View Post
Don,

The MISC screen - are there any drawbacks to placing infantry/armour formations there?

Infantry leaders will still get infantry stats?
The misc screen has no effect other than where its shown for buying. Its used for odds and ends, like trucks and ammo carriers but can have anything else deemed to be rare like experimental tank formations or whatever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old January 2nd, 2018, 09:26 AM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road

Swedish APCs:

Swedish defence forces (Försvarsmakten) finally have informative pages about the equipment.

One thing I noticed is that the Patria APCs (XA-180, Patgb 203A, Ptgb 360 AMV) all have a carry capacity of 12 each where as Försvarsmakten lists 3 crew (driver, commander and gunner) and 7 (203A) or 8 (360 AMV) troops to transport[1][2]. However the formations where these are used would need adjusting as well because the formations are built on the capacity of 12 passengers / vehicle. The carry capacity issue is not included in the modifications below.

Patgb 360 AMV
The main thing however is the Patgb 360 AMV weapons:
Försvarsmakten lists following options:
Quote:
Beväpning: Vapenstation 01 med 7,62mm kulspruta eller 12,7 mm tung kulspruta eller 40mm granatspruta
Weapons: Weapons station 01 (Kongsberg Protector) with 7.62mm MG or 12.7 mm HMG or 40mm AGL
Quote:
Vagnen är bestyckad med en Vapenstation 01, där olika vapenalternativ kan monteras. Vanligtvis används tung kulspruta modell 88 (KSP 88). KSP 88 har 12,7 mm i kaliber. Stationens sensorer är högteknologiska och har både dag och mörkersikten.
Vehicle is equipped with Weapons station 01, where different weapons can be attached. Usual one is the heavy machine gun model 88 (KSP 88). KSP 88 has caliber 12.7mm. Station's sensors are high tech and have both day and night scopes.

As far as I have been able to investigate, the turret is the same version or newer than the one in Finnish Patria 360 AMV. The numbers below are copied from Finnish version.
Listed weight [1] is 28-30 tons.

MODIFY
Unit 067 - Patgb 360 AMV
Stabiliser: 5
Fire control: 20
Range finder: 22
Weight: 28

Should weapon 051 be made autocannon class or copied to one with that class as 360 AMV can target helicopters? (Griffon 8100TD hovercraft is the only other vehicle using that weapon)

ADD
Copy of unit 067 - Patgb 360 AMV
Radio: 91
Weapon 1: 021 - 40mm Mk19 GL

ADD
Copy of unit 067 - Patgb 360 AMV
Radio: 91
Weapon 1: 122 - Ksp 58 CMG

Ksp90 (SAW) may also be added but I can't see much added value in the game for including that.

REMOVE
Unit 070 - AMV Patria IFV
Unit 354 - AMV Patria TOW
AFAIK these 30mm autocannon versions are only prototypes offered to Sweden, not purchased. No references anywhere on Swedish military pages.

About RWS:[2]
Quote:
Vapenstation 01 är en gyrostabiliserad plattform för fjärrstyrd riktning och avfyring av kulspruta 90, kulspruta 58, kulspruta 88 eller granatspruta 92. Vapenstationen riktas i sida och höjd samt avfyras inifrån det bärande fordonet med hjälp av en avfyringsenhet med bildskärm samt ett riktdon. Riktmedlen består av separata sikteskameror för dagsljus och mörker samt ett kombinerat laseravståndsinstrument för avståndsmätning och utpekning av mål. Riktmedlen kan användas för observation och utpekning eller för inriktning av vapenstationen både mot stillastående och rörliga mål och oberoende av om det bärande fordonet är stillastående eller under gång. Vapenstationen är stabiliserad i både sida och höjd och kan därför användas för skjutning under gång. Stabiliseringen kompenserar automatiskt för fordonets rörelser i sida, höjd och lutning och håller på så sätt kvar vapenstationen i den riktning som skytten väljer med hjälp av riktdonet.
Quote:
Vapenstation 01 is a gyro stabilized platform for remote controlled aiming and firing of machine gun 90, machine gun 58, machine gun 88 or AGL 92. The remote weapon station is controlled and fired from the inside of the vehicle with the help of a display unit and a controller. The instruments consist of separate cameras for daylight and dark as well as a combined laser rangefinder for distance measurement and targeting. The instruments can be used for observation and measuring or for targeting the weapon station both against stationary and moving targets and regardless of whether the vehicle is stationary or moving. The weapon station is stabilized on both axis and can therefore be used for shooting during movement. The stabilization automatically compensates for the vehicle's lateral, vertical and tilt movements, thus retaining the weapon station in the direction chosen by the shooter with the aid of the actuator.
Patgb 203 B
An upgrade from Patgb 203 A[3]
Quote:
RENO Pansarterrängbil 203
* Modifiering till Patgb 203B genom flera tekniska ordrar.
* Genomförs 2016-2019.
* Omfattar bland annat att ersätta 20mm akan med Vapenstation 01.
Quote:
Upgrading Pansarterrängbil 203
* Modification to Patgb 203B with multiple technical changes.
* Implemented 2016-2019.
* Includes replacing 20mm akan (20mm AC) with Vapenstation 01 (RWS).
Should have VIRSS x 2[4]
Quote:
Bilen har också sex stycken rökkastare monterade på chassit.
Quote:
Vehicle has also six smoge grenade launchers mounted on the chassis.
Listed weigth is 18.5-23 tons[4]

MODIFY: 062 - Patgb 203 A
End date: 12/119
EW: 4
Weight: 19

ADD: Patgb 203 B, three versions
Copy of unit 062 - Patgb 203 A
Start date: 1/117
Radio: 90
Vision: 40
Weapon 1: 021 - 40mm Mk19 GL
or
Weapon 1: 051 - 12.7mm M2HB HMG
or
Weapon 1: 122 - Ksp 58 CMG
Weight: 19

[1]https://www.forsvarsmakten.se/sv/information-och-fakta/materiel-och-teknik/mark/pansarterrangbil-360/
[2]https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:541327/FULLTEXT01.pdf p. 24
[3]http://soff.se/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/150203-Arm%C3%A9.pdf p. 64-66
[4]https://www.forsvarsmakten.se/sv/information-och-fakta/materiel-och-teknik/mark/pansarterrangbil-203-a/
The Following User Says Thank You to dmnt For This Useful Post:
Old December 25th, 2018, 08:21 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road

Been doing some work on my own OOB66.

I'd like some suggestions on a small problem I have:

Back in the day (early 1960s) there was a local defence battalion organisation called Cykelskyttebataljon 61 ("Bicyle Rifle Bn 61").

The rifle company HQ section of this organisation included a 'sharpshooter patrol' that doubled as a 'observation patrol'. Normally Forward Observers in Sweden are termed E-ledare, so I'm guessing this sharpshooter/observation patrol was more of a recon asset.

It was 4 man strong.

I thought I would make a 4 man recon team to represent this type of unit. What would be a resonable weapon configuration/ammo loadout for such a unit be? Also how many points should such a unit cost?

I don't know exaclty what type of weapons, number of scopes etc they would have had. The troops would have been older conscripts with older kit...
Old December 26th, 2018, 01:13 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

my guess would be rifle or SMG with 60 HE, Hand grenade 8 (2 each), and perhaps sniper rifle with 30 rounds.

As for points, always best to let the OOB Cost Calculator Utility do it's thing and come up with a point cost.

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old December 26th, 2018, 03:47 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

ALWAYS run the OOB through the points calculator after creating units. It's the only way to get a consistent unit cost

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....