World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old January 13th, 2007, 03:53 PM

General

Slynky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you tough enough to be the \"King of the Hi

Quote:
Alneyan said:
My Empire is up. I'm not using my favourite shipset this time, though, and I've picked an absolutely awful Empire name. Ah well, your ships aren't any better, even if you fight for the Mnibari or the Grande Armée.

Just for the sake of redudancy, we drop *all* limits on ships, be they total or per sector. Correct?
Redundancy is fine. Redundancy is good. (slight pun intended ).

No limits on ship numbers or unit numbers. Just tonnage limit.
Old January 13th, 2007, 03:55 PM

General

"Lowly Slynky" ??? :wags finger: Tsk, tsk!
Old January 13th, 2007, 07:24 PM

General

Well, CRAP! Looks like my cleanup after Christmas resulted in me throwing my PW away! Grrrrrrrr! I guess I'll have to regen the empire and reload.

CRAP! My apologies.

(that's what I get for generating it 3 weeks ago!)
Old January 13th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

parabolize is on a distinguished road

You should have given it to pbw when you uploaded your emp.
Email me a replacement emp.
Old January 14th, 2007, 01:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

parabolize is on a distinguished road

Replacement turn uploaded.
Old January 14th, 2007, 09:50 AM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road

I sure hope you broke your Empire when you rewrote it. Trust me, Psychic is *useful*. You should pick that one.

My connection broke down yesterday, just to make life more interesting. You are the Lowly Slynky because I cannot reuse the same names as PBW. Sure, I could have used something like "K.O.T.H. Battle for the Hill", but hey.
Old January 15th, 2007, 05:17 PM

General

KOTH has entered the 21th century. Erh, I mean, 2007. Even the SEIV part is now Web 3.0 compliant. Expect a blog full of shineyness Real Soon ©.

First item of the blog will be "How I used my KOTH admin powers to peek at another game, where Slynky uses a full-tech Empire, thereby enabling me to figure out what sort of Empire he's using in our own full-tech game". The obvious follow-up is, of course, permanent spying on said Slynky.

Second entry will be the usual rant about ISPs not functioning, mail servers going offline just as I need them, and users somehow deleting a couple giga files (SEIV included), while experimenting a bit with files and trees.

Third entry will discuss how great symbolic links are. Perfect to confuse the heck out of a whole system, and recursive, broken links are just awesome. There's just nothing as fun as seeing programs fail for no apparent reason... though maintaining behemoth config files is almost as exciting, especially when the tweaked version starts becoming a freak, almost, but not quite, totally unlike the original program.

Come to think about it, I'll drop the whole blog idea and stick to 2006-style messages. Somehow, I have the nagging feeling I'm not blog-writter extraordinaire material.
Old January 15th, 2007, 05:41 PM

General

Quote:
Alneyan said: First item of the blog will be "How I used my KOTH admin powers to peek at another game, where Slynky uses a full-tech Empire, thereby enabling me to figure out what sort of Empire he's using in our own full-tech game". The obvious follow-up is, of course, permanent spying on said Slynky.

Second entry will be the usual rant about ISPs not functioning, mail servers going offline just as I need them, and users somehow deleting a couple giga files (SEIV included), while experimenting a bit with files and trees.

Third entry will discuss how great symbolic links are. Perfect to confuse the heck out of a whole system, and recursive, broken links are just awesome. There's just nothing as fun as seeing programs fail for no apparent reason... though maintaining behemoth config files is almost as exciting, especially when the tweaked version starts becoming a freak, almost, but not quite, totally unlike the original program.

Come to think about it, I'll drop the whole blog idea and stick to 2006-style messages. Somehow, I have the nagging feeling I'm not blog-writter extraordinaire material.
Hmmmm...where's that virus I had set aside for just such ocassions?

NOT blog-capable? Somehow, I'm seeing quite a waste of polysyllabic verbosity if not committed to some variation of written recording.
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:17 PM

Corporal

Glyn is on a distinguished road

Last night, I had a dream about my KOTH game with Slynky. On the third turn I jumped into the adjacent system and found Slynky’s home system. At first I was thinking the manual placement was forgotten during the game setup. Then I noticed that every sector in Slynky’s home system had a stack of 30 ships of various sizes. I was having trouble trying to figuring out how he did that in only three turns!
Old January 18th, 2007, 08:34 AM

General

You know, I think you should stop using your viruses. You've managed to knock down PBW yesterday, and now I cannot load our game in SEIV. Can you play the current turn? It might be that Wine went down crashing on me.

So, you should behave in a more manly manner for once. Let's fight in the most virile of all games: Tetrinet, or maybe Freespace 2. In other words, games I'm somewhat skilled at... there ain't many of those. At least it makes finding opponents trivial, since any bot can give me a rough time. (Operation Flashpoint reminds me of the proverbial broadside of the barn)