.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old January 24th, 2007, 05:45 AM

Private

PaddirN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Updated mod: The Babylon Project

Nice to see the bugs aren't too horrible this time around.

* I noticed the thing with the Omega firing arc being out of whack and I couldn't make heads or tails of it. It may have been that I made that frame on the ship image too big (?).

* With the Brakiri ships I went by the descriptions that I've been seeing on the net. Mostly they're described as being very impressive looking, but without any real teeth behind them. So I tried to make the brakiri weaker than the centauri, narns, and the drazi.

* The Apoc Box fit in nicely as a replacement for the codex of primordius, however since the Crusade show never actually explained much about the box I haven't thought of any real way to implement it, although it could just become a device that says random things.

* I think with the Primus it already had a weapon there and I just didn't feel like moving it around so I just made the fighter bay hidden, although that may actually make the fighter bay invulnerable come to think of it.

* Yea, drazi railguns have been standard the whole time. They look nice, but it really doesn't make any sense. The narn don't have any mid or small sized weapons. If I can fish up a graphic and I do some research on the show I may add some other narn weapons later.

* Never thought of making the beacons tradeable, though I suppose death and dismemberment is as good a reason as any. They probably won't fetch a high value though.

* Yea, I was hoping to make those encounters an X factor that would keep players on their toes just like the spacehulk events.

* The B4 zorg teleporting thing has been in for awhile now, although I don't know that anybody else noticed. I wanted it to be like some weird time warping effect, although it doesn't seem to look or act anything like the zorg, it moves way too fast. Also, its an earthforce space station so I wanted it to be armed with slightly more powerful weapons to make it a bit more formidable.

* When you say remove the intro sound, are you talking about the music or the little ripbobo, scrugug, and skrinch sounds? I tried to replace those sounds with silence before but to no avail. If I could I'd like to find some kind of "flash" type sound.

* The GUI beep sounds can be disabled if you go into the directory '/Weird Worlds/babylonproject_v##/sounds/gui/' and just go through and delete any or all of the beeps in there to go back to the default sounds. Otherwise I may be awhile in trying to fine tune the sounds.
Old January 24th, 2007, 07:02 AM

Corporal

Jamiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
PaddirN said:
Nice to see the bugs aren't too horrible this time around.

* I noticed the thing with the Omega firing arc being out of whack and I couldn't make heads or tails of it. It may have been that I made that frame on the ship image too big (?).
Probably, yes. You could compare it in size with the old Omega or the Primus.

Quote:

* I think with the Primus it already had a weapon there and I just didn't feel like moving it around so I just made the fighter bay hidden, although that may actually make the fighter bay invulnerable come to think of it.
Exactly, the fighter bay cannot be damaged during combat, that's why I mentioned this point.

Quote:

* Never thought of making the beacons tradeable, though I suppose death and dismemberment is as good a reason as any. They probably won't fetch a high value though.
Beacons of dead allies are rather worthless, I suppose, so trade value could be very low.

Quote:

* The B4 zorg teleporting thing has been in for awhile now, although I don't know that anybody else noticed. I wanted it to be like some weird time warping effect, although it doesn't seem to look or act anything like the zorg, it moves way too fast. Also, its an earthforce space station so I wanted it to be armed with slightly more powerful weapons to make it a bit more formidable.
Aha, now I'm getting it. So B4 is warping in and out of the normal space time as in the series. Should have more effect to it though.

Quote:

* When you say remove the intro sound, are you talking about the music or the little ripbobo, scrugug, and skrinch sounds? I tried to replace those sounds with silence before but to no avail. If I could I'd like to find some kind of "flash" type sound.
Yeah, not talking about the music but the sounds you mentioned.

Jamiri
Old January 24th, 2007, 01:08 PM

Corporal

If you ever re-incarnate the Earth Civil War quest in a future upgrade, wouldn't it be great to have "Earth Alliance GOD Satellites" stationed around Earth orbit?

IIRC, these were a major obstacle for the B5 fleet that went in to free Earth from Clarke and his minions.

Information on them can be found here:

http://www.kitsune.addr.com/SF-Conve.../Earth_GOD.htm

Just an idea.
Old January 24th, 2007, 04:39 PM

Corporal

Another issue:
Remember when I mentioned the conflict between the quest about Garibaldi and the data crystal about Clarke? I think something similar happens, when you have the very same crystal and Delenn (after going through the Crysalis) on board.

I got Delenn (after transformation) first and then collected the crystal, went to B5 and selected "no" for the disclosure of the material about Clarke (how evil!), before going to Minbar. On Minbar, however, Delenn did not trigger the beacon that you should get for calling the Minbari Fleet.

Hmm, I am getting the impression that two different quests cannot run in parallel...
Old January 24th, 2007, 06:26 PM

Corporal

chabex is on a distinguished road

Wooow, PaddirN! I hope you won't get tired to bring up updates like this! :-)

Some side notes: If you look at the storyline of B5 by the time you could have a Victory class ship, no Shadows linger around... I hate to say this but shouldn't be them replaced? Let say with those aliens from Legends of the Rangers?
Old January 24th, 2007, 06:53 PM

Corporal

Although I hardly play the Victory Class I don't think that Shadows and the Victory Class co-existing in the same time period break the game...
Old January 25th, 2007, 08:06 AM

Private

* Ideally it'd be nice to have the Drakh replace the Shadows for the Victory mission, although I'm not altogether sure how to accomplish that. I could give both races a 'never' flag and then only activate one or the other for the different ships, but I don't know if their fleets would be placed in random positions or if I would need to actually define starting points for their fleets.

* As far as adding in the aliens from the Legend of the Rangers? I'm a fan of Babylon 5 and all, but I couldn't really stomach that one. Andreas Katsulas was about the only shining beacon of light in that movie. Might do it, though I'd need to find a good image of the Hand ships because I can't draw worth a damn myself.

* EA GOD Satellites? Sounds good. The only image I've found so far isn't a top down view so it may look out of whack if I put it in. I'll see how it works out.

* With the Delenn/Garibaldi Clarke thingie, if you're returning to B5 it maybe because some variables are set to '0' when at Epsilon Eridani. Psientist had had it in there originally I assume to make sure those variables started out at a 0 state, otherwise I guess changed variables can carry over from game to game somehow. It wasn't a problem before because you never had to return to B5 until you retired. I'll have to do something to get that action to only trigger once.
Old January 26th, 2007, 06:30 PM

Corporal

Yes, it seems tough... For me the LOTR was strange too, but no other biggies around are they?
Connecting to the big guys: I have never met the Vorlons. Are they in somewhere? How can I meet them? If I go to black holes the most I got is some lame weapon... How about a beacon which would summon the eg Walkers of Sigma-957?
Idea about trading: There is this mantis like Thrakallan race, how about them? Or the smugglers whith whom Sheridan -Ivanova made a deal in the series about supplying B5. Wouldn't it be fun to have the trading back?
And also there is this race, the Streib (the abducting aliens)I would wery much like to banish them more then once :-)
Oh, and what about having Bester as a weapon against the Battlecrab. He could stall one.
And my favourite: how about the Shadow-modified Omega destroyers? fighting or finding one?
Stop dreaming Chabex...
Old January 27th, 2007, 08:27 AM

Private

Actually some of the things you mentioned are already implemented in the game. I don't want to spoil the game, but the Walkers do make an appearance, though not as a summonable ally. There gift is something much more powerful...

There is a race that trades with you, but they don't make an appearance everytime. I can't find any useable image of a streib ship, and as mentioned before I couldn't draw my way out a paperbag. My ability to add races in game is limited by what ship schematics have already been produced elsewhere.

With passengers they really don't do all that much except hang out in your ship. It was tried before to give Bester hypervision so you could at least find cloaked shadow ships, but that doesn't work and there's really no effect in game (that I know of) that would be able to stall or stun ships, otherwise I would've thrown in a tractor beam by now.

The Shadow Omegas sound cool, those didn't cloak did they? Cause I think that'd be a nearly unstoppable ship right there. If they do make it in I'd rather they only appeared in a more fleshed out EA Civil war quest.

Funny, now that I see it written like that, 'LOTR', it makes me remember how many similarities there are between Tolkien and B5.
Old January 27th, 2007, 12:43 PM

Corporal

Yes, I just met the Vree- nice little fellas. Why? They helped me to defeat the Shadows!!! I summoned them during the fight. Bright idea, it was I must say.
As I remember, the Vree ships use some kind of antimatter-projectile weapons don't they? It would be nice to have weapons (at least by the look) like in the show. If I remember they must have at least 5 of this guns, they look powerful when firing- real spitfires :-)
About the Shadow Omegas: I couldn't recall them cloaking. As I remember they "only" had organic hull armor and some über brutal particle cannons (green ray)
One more thing: Sometimes I somehow manage to disable a ship. It just spins there, all systems down.
Wouldn't it be fun to board them? Is it possible anyway? Imagine: A Centaury Vorchan, or even a Drakh Cruiser in your fleet :-)))
LOTR: lol
What about B5: TLT? I can't wait...