.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 11th, 2007, 03:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

FrankTrollman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Semi-random-map test game (signup)

JayThomas specifically does not have my permission to take control of my position in any game. He already knows this and is presumably taking Abyssia as a calculated insult.

-Frank
Old March 11th, 2007, 05:33 PM

Sergeant

WSzaboPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DrPraetorious said:
WSZP - if you wish to keep playing, I'll certainly be willing to continue! However, both T'ien Ch'i and Abyssia are going to be set to CPU when I get back home on Monday.

If you want to keep going, though, I'll certainly finish the game.
That is understandable. I agree that the giants won, but I was thinking there would be a couple more turns. I was hoping that Abysia would let my troops pass trough and i can trow a huge army at it's doom. I had no real chance but I would have loved a huge end game clash. But then again maybe in another game.
Old March 11th, 2007, 05:53 PM

Corporal

JayThomas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
FrankTrollman said:
JayThomas specifically does not have my permission to take control of my position in any game. He already knows this and is presumably taking Abyssia as a calculated insult.

-Frank
My taking over your nation is not a calculated insult. If you wish to take back the reins of Abysia, that is fine with me. I have done nothing but look at the position and view some battles.

I would appreciate not being draged into an argument I have nothing to do with. [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Peace.gif[/img]
Old March 12th, 2007, 07:48 PM

Sergeant

Ewierl is on a distinguished road

I do seem to have occasional internet out here on my vacation!

Reading the thread, however, I'm not sure what the point is. The level of ill-will and drama, combined with the high proportion of players that need to be replaced, are starting to make me think we should just let this game drop.

I will keep playing if others wish, I'm having an okay time, but it really sounds like only a couple of people (at most) are actually still enthusiastic.
Old March 12th, 2007, 07:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

FrankTrollman is on a distinguished road

Deleted.
Old March 12th, 2007, 09:56 PM

Corporal

JayThomas is on a distinguished road

For the record - I do not steal peoples positions. I am not a master hacker to modify someones god files. And I'm a nice person.
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hellboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
FrankTrollman said:
Jay Thomas took over my position in another game while I was playing it by having my password sent to him by Hellboy. I had explicitly stated that I did not want that to happen. Needless to say, I would be mortally offended were JayThomas to take over my position in any game under any circumstances ever in the future. I already told him that he couldn't have a position I was playing and he took it anyway. There's nothing he can say or do at this point that won't make me extremely leary of him as a person. I had to change all my god files because of his behavior.

For the record:

Jay Thomas entered "The Middle Way" game at my request, and had no knowledge of the events prior to his entry (nor could he, since the critical information was an in-game message). For my part, I had in all sincerity believed that Frank had withdrawn, and I was anxious to get a substitute rather than see the position stale or go AI.

Therefore I gave Jay Thomas the master password so that he would be able to play the position. Jay Thomas never had Frank's password, nor did I. Culpability (if there is any) for Frank losing his position in the game is mine, and mine alone.

Furthermore I have no reason to believe Jay Thomas is a master hacker and every reason to believe he is a nice guy.
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:47 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Good move. Its best to give the master password. If a player password were ever given out they might have to remake ALL of their pretenders. And without a way to read them in and make a change we all know what a pain that is. There isnt even an easy way to see what the settings are.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:09 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

The server will be down overnight. When ewierl gets back next week we should be able to take a turn or two - I'll be gone again for the second half of next week.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:45 PM

Sergeant

Ewierl is on a distinguished road

I can attempt to take turns this week while I'm on my vacation. Internet does exist out here, albeit sometimes sporadic.