Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old January 24th, 2013, 08:51 AM

Corporal

Beeg is on a distinguished road
Default Second try...sorry

My apologies. I mistakenly posted my previous thread as a poll. Camo has graciously offered to remove it so I can repost it as a regular thread. Here it is again...

Hi. I've been out of action for a few years and am now just getting back into the game. So impressed with the continuing devotion of the designers!

There are a couple things I've forgotten. Hoping you can help...

1) Where do I find the demolition charges to blow bridges? Are they listed under certain countries only? Do I need to look in Mobhack?

2) Why do my B-2 bombers get destroyed when they bomb and destroy an ammo dump over the same hex? At their height and speed there's no chance of that happening, IMO. I mean, they'd be miles away at the explosion.

3) In Mobhack (or otherwise) is there a way to transfer an icon to a unit, to replace the existing one, without cutting and pasting the original unit and changing all the stats, so the transferred icon appears on the game screen for that unit?

A couple wish lists. I raised these years ago but thought I'd keep them fresh...

1) Walls with height. I know in WinSPWW2 you can use hedges as a replacement, placing some on top of each other to gain height, but I don't see any such option in SPMBT. The eye candy and gameplay would be tremendous.

2) Buildings with height. I know this is an old subject but is there any movement on this front? It makes a lot of sense to me, if it's possible.

3) Bombs over a certain size being able to destroy a small percentage of mines and wire. I've been playing SP since the first one came out a zillion years ago and, if I remember correctly, that used to be possible. I may be wrong about that but it's logical that a direct hit by a 1,000 lb. bomb would cause some destruction of mines and wire...not all but a small percent perhaps.

Thanks for your time. Keep up the great work!!!

Beeg
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:10 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Second try...sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeg View Post

1) Where do I find the demolition charges to blow bridges? Are they listed under certain countries only? Do I need to look in Mobhack?
In winSPWW2 they are in all the OOB's. In MBT they are reserved for IED's / booby traps in nations 8, 17, 22, 70, 72

Quote:
2) Why do my B-2 bombers get destroyed when they bomb and destroy an ammo dump over the same hex? At their height and speed there's no chance of that happening, IMO. I mean, they'd be miles away at the explosion.
Bug, on the list to correct.

Quote:
3) In Mobhack (or otherwise) is there a way to transfer an icon to a unit, to replace the existing one, without cutting and pasting the original unit and changing all the stats, so the transferred icon appears on the game screen for that unit?
??? In MOBHack you simply enter the new Icon number and save the OOB but if you mean in the game...... no, unless it's a scenario and then you can change Icons using ScenHack

Quote:
1) Walls with height. I know in WinSPWW2 you can use hedges as a replacement, placing some on top of each other to gain height, but I don't see any such option in SPMBT. The eye candy and gameplay would be tremendous.
Nope. Not interested

Quote:
2) Buildings with height. I know this is an old subject but is there any movement on this front? It makes a lot of sense to me, if it's possible.

The next patch will allow scenario designers with the CD version to give a building height

Quote:
3) Bombs over a certain size being able to destroy a small percentage of mines and wire. I've been playing SP since the first one came out a zillion years ago and, if I remember correctly, that used to be possible. I may be wrong about that but it's logical that a direct hit by a 1,000 lb. bomb would cause some destruction of mines and wire...not all but a small percent perhaps.
I belive it still does but your need a really big bomb. Been ages since I dealt with wire, mines and big bombs in combination
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:28 AM

Corporal

Beeg is on a distinguished road

Hi. Thanks so much for the reply.

I'm still having difficulty with the icon issue. By icon I mean the unit that actually shows during gameplay. In Mobhack it's the icon that appears in the bottom right of the Mobhack unit screen for an individual unit, not the LBM. Can you walk me through how to change that icon?

Thanks again.

Beeg
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:42 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

In future, please try to limit questions to one per post, and not laundry lists. It makes dealing with posts much easier if they are limited to the one subject.

As regards artillery or bombs clearing wire and mines, well basically that does not work worth a darn. Wire clearing by means of massive bombardments was tried in WW1 with no result, the tank being originally designed to flatten or pull aside wire entanglements.

Artillery does not remove mines, or set off the fuses muchly. It can fling the things around, thus making clearance more difficult for the troops when they arrive, however. The mines are no longer in their geometric alignment (mines are not flung down randomly unless in the hands of 3rd world guerillas).

The giant viper etc are a special case that use a humongous charge of explosives to "clear" a 2-3 metre wide path. Mainly by flinging the mines out of the exploded area. You still need to send engineers or engineer vehicles in to make the "cleared" path safe since you won't detonate or move anywhere like 100% of the mines. Modern mines also have much more sophisticated fusing than WW2 ones.

See de-mining operations in Africa etc - manual clearance with prods is still the best way to properly clear land mines.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old January 24th, 2013, 02:57 PM

BANNED USER

Mustang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In the map editor you can set a hex height to whatever you want. Combine that with a tramway or something that looks like a wall and you're good to go.
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:46 PM

Corporal

Miketee10022 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I'm still having difficulty with the icon issue. By icon I mean the unit that actually shows during gameplay. In Mobhack it's the icon that appears in the bottom right of the Mobhack unit screen for an individual unit, not the LBM. Can you walk me through how to change that icon?

Thanks again.

Beeg
I thank Beeg for asking this question, as it is something I am wrestling with as well. My own spin on the question is this: I seem to have no trouble replacing a vehicle icon with another vehicle icon, but it seems darn near impossible for me to replace an infantry icon with a vehicle icon. My simple question is - is this intentional, ie is this hard-coded into the system? Thanks!
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:02 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks again.

Beeg
Changing the Icon in MOBHack simply involves changing the Icon,winter Icon and desert Icon numbers to the one you want then saving the changes by clicking on the red Check at the top then press Load/Save then when the next screen appears press Save again.

However, I suspect that's not what you want to know so lets go back to the beginning and tell me what EXACTLY it is you are trying to do

Don
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:04 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketee10022 View Post
Quote:

Thanks again.

Beeg
I thank Beeg for asking this question, as it is something I am wrestling with as well. My own spin on the question is this: I seem to have no trouble replacing a vehicle icon with another vehicle icon, but it seems darn near impossible for me to replace an infantry icon with a vehicle icon. My simple question is - is this intentional, ie is this hard-coded into the system? Thanks!
Of course it is intentional!. Infantry is infantry and vehicles are vehicles. Infantry have 1-13 "crew" and draw from a special set of the SHP file-set. Vehicles have a picture (hull and maybe a turret). Guns have (variable) crew and a piece of artillery.

There is no reason to try to replace a 4 man team with a jeep in any case.

Andy
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:05 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketee10022 View Post
Yes it is very much intentional. I have NO idea why anyone would want to replace an infantry icon with a vehicle icon so maybe you need to do like I asked Beeg and explain EXACTLY what it is you want to do and why

Don
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:07 AM

Corporal

Miketee10022 is on a distinguished road

You answered my question perfectly, so rather than continue the thread with my - as opposed to someone else's - questions, I will simply thank you for filling in the blank, as it were, and answering my question perfectly.