.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old November 6th, 2006, 09:35 PM

Sergeant

Uh-Nu-Buh is on a distinguished road
Default The Eyes of God

So, one of my mortal enemies raises the global enchantment "The Eyes of God" and I answer the only way I can--I poke his eyes out with white hot embers, destroy the spell, and blind him permanently (Oedipus' Fate). Then I make jokes about him with all the other gods: "Look at that? Did you see that? Oh, I forgot, you're blind because I poked your eyes out with white hot embers!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

I see him at the annual tournament in the arena a few months later, and he is still blind--kicks butt, wins the tournament, but whatever.

So, imagine my surprise when, right after the tournament--wherein I had verified he was blind as a bat--he once again raises the global enchantment "The Eyes of God." So, two things come to mind now:

1. He's really asking for it this time.
2. Technically, should he be able to do this? I mean, really, come on.

Has it happened to anybody else?
Old November 6th, 2006, 09:49 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Eyes of God

Quote:
Uh-Nu-Buh said:
So, imagine my surprise when, right after the tournament--wherein I had verified he was blind as a bat--he once again raises the global enchantment "The Eyes of God." So, two things come to mind now:

1. He's really asking for it this time.
2. Technically, should he be able to do this? I mean, really, come on.

1) Well casting the Oedipus fate to dispell the global won't do any more damage to him... might be wiser to just cast dispell.

2) Technically, yes he could cast the spell again. Realistically you'd think it's not possible, but technically yes it is possible.

Quote:
Uh-Nu-Buh said:

Has it happened to anybody else?
Yes.
I'm assuming you're playing against computer opponents since you saw the caster in the arena. The computer opponents are known to frequently cast this spell, unfortunately "the eyes of god" is one of the least valuable spells for computer opponents.
This spell only helps the computer opponents against utterdark(rarely seen in SP games) and increases their chances at catching sneaking commanders. The AI is unable to use its real purpose unlike human opponents.

Honestly this spell should be disabled for AI computer opponents thus their gems are spent more wisely. The longer a game lasts the more gems the AI opponents should spend into global spells too... yet it does not, but that's another topic.
Old November 7th, 2006, 04:07 AM

Corporal

Etaoin Shrdlu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Eyes of God

In a sense, the "all-seeing eyes" referred to in the spell description are not the caster's own. And they might not even be "eyes" per-se...
How in blazes did this fellow win the tournament anyway? S6+ and Soul Slay seems the most likely explanation. If you have the pearls, empower something to S (within 1 of the EoG caster), wait for the next tournament and roll the dice on a Mind Duel. (hoping you win the toss for first action.) Next option: Highest MR you can get, flyer (so he only gets one shot) and the highest-damage weapon you can forge. Always satisfying to take down a global in the Arena. Frankly, I wouldn't send someone to the Arena if I plan to use him on a global...