BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old June 24th, 2005, 04:37 PM

Corporal

SCAJolly is on a distinguished road
Default Weirdest bug yet

I'm in the second mission in a campaign between Norway and the USSR, ca 1988. "Special mission", it says.
In the core buy menu I see that two of my units (A and B, we'll just call'em) have a funny > mark on their names. "Oh, well," I thought, "Maybe I lost'em in the mission before this one."
I deploy all my units, but to my surprise when I'm done, the two units are still not deployed. The computer didn't 'pick' them for me as it would usually. One is even a B0.
I click on one of them, and out of curiosity, I click "Rooster" (or was it "Roster"?). There's the first strange thing. I see before me the enemy's force!!

Furthermore, these two units of mine are in enemy formations! Wuh!?

My first thought is that heck, this'll be fun to report. When I start the game after some extensive putting of mines and bw, the second strange thing appears. Or maybe it wasn't so strange after all. I see my units stationed on - the - enemy's - side - of - the - map. Facing me.
Now, these lads are yellow, and are probably going to be run over by enemy forces as soon as his turn starts, so I'm going to prepare their mourning soon. I can command them both.

What do'ya say to this?

Henning
Old June 24th, 2005, 05:09 PM

Private

Coleco is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Weirdest bug yet

Captured?
Old June 24th, 2005, 06:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
SCAJolly said:
I'm in the second mission in a campaign between Norway and the USSR, ca 1988. "Special mission", it says.
In the core buy menu I see that two of my units (A and B, we'll just call'em) have a funny > mark on their names. "Oh, well," I thought, "Maybe I lost'em in the mission before this one."
I deploy all my units, but to my surprise when I'm done, the two units are still not deployed. The computer didn't 'pick' them for me as it would usually. One is even a B0.
I click on one of them, and out of curiosity, I click "Rooster" (or was it "Roster"?). There's the first strange thing. I see before me the enemy's force!!

My first thought is that heck, this'll be fun to report. When I start the game after some extensive putting of mines and bw, the second strange thing appears. Or maybe it wasn't so strange after all. I see my units stationed on - the - enemy's - side - of - the - map. Facing me.
Now, these lads are yellow, and are probably going to be run over by enemy forces as soon as his turn starts, so I'm going to prepare their mourning soon. I can command them both.

What do'ya say to this?

Henning
I agree. This is the "Weirdest bug yet". Send a save game and attach it to your post and we'll look at it and see what's up. If you can think of anything else to tell us about the game and how you set it up let us know when you post the save. I've really never seen anything like this before

Don Goodbrand

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 24th, 2005, 06:43 PM

Corporal

Quote:
DRG said:
I agree. This is the "Weirdest bug yet". Send a save game and attach it to your post and we'll look at it and see what's up. If you can think of anything else to tell us about the game and how you set it up let us know when you post the save. I've really never seen anything like this before

Don Goodbrand
Will be glad to. How do I sort out which file in the Saved Games-folder I want?
Old June 24th, 2005, 07:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
SCAJolly said:
Quote:
DRG said:

Don Goodbrand
Will be glad to. How do I sort out which file in the Saved Games-folder I want?

No problem. Start the game and note which slot you are saved in. The actual slot numbers now appear beside the saved game. Then, open up the Saved Games folder and you will find a .CMT and a .DAT file with that number. Zip them both up and attach them to your post

The Quick way to the folders is to click on "PBEM Games" in the "Utilities" section of the Game Options screen that appears before the game. That will open up your PBEM folder but the Saved Games folder is just below it

Don Goodbrand

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 24th, 2005, 07:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
SCAJolly said:

What do'ya say to this?

Henning
I just want to check before we go any further. Was this campaign started in WinSPMBT? I just want to ensure this isn't a campaign you started in the DOS SPMBT then copied over

Don

Old June 24th, 2005, 07:18 PM

Corporal

No problem, this was started in winSP.
Old June 24th, 2005, 07:20 PM

Corporal

WAIT!
What address to I send to?
Old June 24th, 2005, 09:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
SCAJolly said:
WAIT!
What address to I send to?
Attach it right to a post here

Old June 24th, 2005, 09:39 PM

Corporal

Just to be sure, I placed both the "nilth" and first turn in the zip, so you could monitor any changes. I could send the last turn of the last mission as well, should you want that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 361442-Campaign saves.zip (528.3 KB, 169 views)