.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old August 8th, 2006, 07:28 PM

Private

brummbaer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Campaign! - UNIFE 2013

A nice campaign game, really funny though i made it to battle n.2. That's when, after an exciting battle in which i brought doom to irregulars killing scores of them and their trucks, losing 4 of my men and the 2 hopeless UN Observers and taking all but 3 flags, i was faced with a draw and a grim epitaph for my campaign, my unit and... myself. This because the battle starts with the loss of the UN helo which is beyond my control (and is actually the reason for the rescue mission), but its points are anyway awarded to the AI for it! Not even killing all the enemies on map i can make up for such a loss. I must admit i was very upset. Just to understand, did i miss something?
Thanks for your effort.
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:19 AM

Corporal

MacGalin is on a distinguished road

The helo is not your biggest problem... check the cost of UN observers.

You are supposed to save them. Move them out of enemy range and send some help ASAP, since rebels will be looking for crash survivors.
Old August 15th, 2006, 02:15 PM

Private

Great_Marshall_Gumbaiev is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I've tried this campaign and it looks interesting. I love playing with troops from minor countries, and specially those from the East.

In the first scenario I moved full speed to the village and fortified it like it was a napoleonic square (the napoleonic metaphores suit nice to the Poles...). Then it was a shooting game, destroying "technicals" and guerrillas.

But the 2nd one is proving a tougher nut to crack. I tried sending at first all my motorized units to rescue the UN observers, leaving the light infantry platoon and their humvees to defend. Wrong. Those damned Panhard caused me lots of problems.

On another try I just sent an Mechanized platoon and the BRDMs to rescue the observers and leave the tanks to defend the village. They did a wonderful job, losing just an MG squad due to a lucky RPG hit and an sniper killed by a mortar round.I still do not feel satisfied because the mere IFV platoon sent hasn't got enough firepower to capture the abandoned compound.

IS it possible to succeed in this mission without occupying the Abandoned Compound (just defending and rescuing the UN observers)?

Cheers
Old August 15th, 2006, 06:36 PM

Private

brummbaer is on a distinguished road

MacGalin,
yes, you're obviously right! I just hadn't checked the points of those units (feeling dense). I played it again, with a rescue party of a mech platoon and BRDM's with scouts, while the other guarded the village doing some funny target practice. And everything was going just fine til a stealth RPG team succeded in brewing one IFV... for this i got only a minor victory: sometimes s***t happens!
In the following battle I'd had got a decisive victory, if not that... the AI awarded the ethiopians with the points for the IFV destroyed in the previous battle! I find this unfair, is it intended or a fault of campaign games?
Also from the same IFV only one crew man had survived, but in the following battle i had the vehicle back in game, with just a crew of one though: I let it out of the game but the same question as before arises.
I suggest to decrease the number of rebuild points also: the unit is isolated and far from home: after each battle only a small number of casualties could return in combat again.
Sorry for bothering, but I still have to get a lot of things on campaign games.
Thanks again: it's a very funny campaign in an unusual set. The background story is also good!
Old August 17th, 2006, 08:20 AM

Corporal

N_B_Forrest_IV : Yes, it schould be possible.

brummbaer: Yes, it is unfair... i guess life is unfair. But there's nothing i can do - its fault of MBT campagin system .
Old August 19th, 2006, 12:36 PM

Private

Great_Marshall_Gumbaiev is on a distinguished road

Hello MAcGalin,

At the end I finished the scenario 3 occupying all VH with just 4 loses (the crew of a MG).

Scenario 3 was quite easy too. Just minimal losses. Their RPG-7 troops maybe where drunk because they scored no hit against my armor, and I must admit I acted quite aggressively. By sheer luck, or by their incompetence, I had few loses. I still didn't lose any vehicle in the game. And I was quite satisfied with it.

But scenario 4... The Armour and the aerial support were a bad surprise. Well, the enemy armor wasn't, the PT91s annihilated them. The 1st attacking airplanes (the aeromacchis?) where easy prays for my Grom SAM teams, but the other planes (Migs or Su, can't remember exactly now...) destroyed one of my trucks (the Artillery truck, I would have to load one of my mortars in my support truck). And, at the end, a Rosomak IFV was smashed by an ATGM from the Mil Helicopter. Too bad, but still a victory.

And that leads to scenario 5... and the mother of all my pains. Bad suprise those Special Forces teams in the village instead of lousy Regulars easy to massacre. The Rogue Government troops that appear from my right aren't a great problem, but their air support is still annoying, tending to destroy an IFV or a tank if possible.

I'll give a new try, learning from the mistakes that I did before. Closer AA support and to shell the village until there's nothing there (the AT team inside one of the first houses, not the one with the Kornet ATGM is scaring!!!). I'll give more feedback once I finish this.

About the decrease of replacement points... It would be realistic, anyway the boys will end riding technicals (!).

Anyway, excellent work [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/icon43.gif[/img]
Old October 16th, 2006, 03:28 PM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road
Default Very well done!

Hi! I am new to WinSPMBT and your campaign is the first I finished - the story is very well-written, I really liked it! I got a fascinating novel about some fictional scenario involving South Africa in the 80s, and after some practice I'll try to design a campaign according to that story.

For the moment, I tried to change the nation, which worked well, I just had to give myself some purchase points for the 1st scenario to get a comparable force. But how do you edit a campaign in a way that the player has a fixed core unit from the beginning and cannot purchase his own force? I studied the manual and made some experiments but couldnt figure out...
Old October 17th, 2006, 11:03 AM

Corporal

Default Re: Very well done!

Thanks, im glad you liked it.
Be sure to check my previous missions, they can still be found on this forum.

Stay tuned, theres two more campagins in the making. They were in the making for almost all this year, but i plan to finish them. Honest!

[/self advertising]

As for your question:

To make a fixed core campagin, you have to select units you want to be the core, and place them in first mission of your campagin in mission editor.

Then, whien assembling campagin, select the mission you created as first one, and mark "Fixed Core" option. Your core will consist of all units you gave 1st player in mission editor. (Thats why you cannot have any auxilary unists in first mission in campagin.)

Im typing it for memory (don't have WinSPMBT installed otn this computer) so i may be a bit inaccurate, but thats the general idea.

Sorry about my english, i hope you understand what im trying to say .
Old March 22nd, 2015, 09:08 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

Bump to the top for those of you who might have missed it. I found this on my CD Archive(s) only to find it's still on Shrapnel's forums.