.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V > SEIV > SEIV After Action Reports

Old May 20th, 2006, 02:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

Parasite is on a distinguished road
Default 2005 PBW Tournement

Here are my notes of the turns for round three. I started them for what was hoped to be a victory story.
It still should be interesting to some.
3 Planet 2000 point start. I breath CH4 (Methane)
I find out later he breaths and colonizes different than I.
Some of the ships and symbols are in code, but it really matters little.
It would be interesting to me to see other expansion numbers. Colonies at a time after start. Stuff like that.

01. First turn. All three planets in the same system. Bad start, but I will expand from here.
Looks like the other may be further away than the second round. Time enough.
Research Propulsion, Duc and Mil Sci. Physics next, but maybe in a while.
Three homeworlds building on Emer. Building ICol4 to move to near CH4 planet. 2 spaceyards.

02. Two yards start emer ICol ships (no engines). Three worlds building yards now.
I plan for four each. Retrofit yards to have cargo, research propultion and more DUCs.

03. No changed to research. Builds continuing. Start 3 ICol in new yards, not emer.

04. Get Duc3 and Prop3. No other changes. Start building ICol5.3c in new yards.
Looking later... this is where I advanced to first place.

05. First magor set of ICol produced, retrofit them. Build more ICol5.3cs.
Yards finished. 4, 4, and 3 over the home planets. Starting to get tight on O&R,
M is still 5K over use, but lowering.

06. Get PD1 and FFs tech. Leftover going in Research2. Find PD2, max expand mode.
First HW comes off Emer. 5 turns to normal. Hope that is before I meet Slynky.

07. Research Res2 (11 turns), Build colony ships and move them out.
As more minerals are needed for other planets, take HWs off emerbuild.

08. Research Res2 (9 turns), Build colony ships and move them out.
21 ships exist now. 9 colonies. Middle HW off Emer: 7 turns to normal.

09. Research Res2 (8 turns), Build colony ships and move them out. 12 colonies.

10. Research Res2 (7 turns), Build colony ships and move them out. 22 ships, 14 colonies.
Last HW off Emer

11. Research Res2 (6 turns), Build colony ships and move them out. 24 ships, 17 colonies.
Met Slynky. He has an extreme warrier race. Every thing is max or nonexistant.
I bet he has resource problems in this fast expanding game. I met a FF,
but am ignoring it to move on. Let him chase me if he wants to.
I am bouncing along with ~3K orgs and rads.

12. Research Res2 (5 turns), Build colony ships and move them out.
His FF is chasing my colony ship. Two yards go mothballs.
Now have 3 over each planet. Again, mothball them when other resource use maxes.

13. Research Res2 (3 turns), Build colony ships and move them out. 26 ships, 21 colonies.

14. Research Res2 (2 turns), Build colony ships and move them out. Start building 2 FFs.
26 ships, 23 colonies. One way out to the north now looks like a dead end. Curses, ect.
Heading most ships to worlds to end the first expansion phase.

15. First finish Res2 next turn start research on DDs, Build Cols and FFs and first small transport.
24 ships, 28 colonies.

16. Move PD to first, then more research on DDs, Build Cols at space yards.
Next SmTransport, upgrades at HW. He has fighter WP guards. Bummer!
21 ships, 33 colonies. Upgrade research, but really small numbers. Start building lots though.

17. Research on DDs, Build Cols and upgrade. Metals running short. 23K and -10K a turn.
Building more miners. 23 ships, 34 colonies.

18. Last research on DDs, Build Cols, miners, and upgrade. Metals running short. 13K and -9K a turn.
Last turn builds for one set of yards. Expect to Mothball them next turn.. 21 ships, 37 colonies.

Message from the Trithian Empire: "Interesting map." Sent back..

I just had my first colony ship
run out of supplies. It had just moved five sectors and ran out over a colonizable planet.
It must crash land next turn, but the colony is expected to survive. Brought to you by
the Parasite Institute of Psychological warfare (PIPwar).

It is hard to know what to put on the planets when all the percentages are equal.
And you have fighters. Curses!!!

19. Research on MilSci2, finish in three turns. This turn I got DDs and Duc4s,
but not enough stuff to build them with. I am at 5K metals and got +2K, but yards are not working.
Waiting right now to build up for next phase. It is really the wrong time, but what can I do.
My only hope is he is in just as bad shape as I. Org are recovering as the colony ships get reduced.
Rads are now doing good at 27K and +4K per turn, but I am building few ships.
3 CH4 worlds on Research and HWs half converted to Res2. 23 Ships, 39 Colonies, 28 to be I see..

20. Research on MilSci2. Build Cols and some warships (DDas). Metals running short.
10K left and -2K of each type a turn. 180K orgs and 33K rads. Building more miners.
All yards building, but only half are building ships. 24 ships, 42 colonies.

21. Will finish MilSci2, start on DUC5. Build Cols and some warships (DDgs).
Metals starting to be better. 9K left and +2K metals, -1000 the other types a turn.
20K orgs and 34K rads. Building more miners and res2s.
All yards building, over half are building ships. 25 ships, 45 colonies.

Message from the Trithian Empire:
"Hmmm, could have been worse...
like having your gunship run out of fuel as you watch the enemy colonize 2 planets. ;-)"
I reply... I thought your ship was faking it at first.
Then I let it live to eat up maintanace. Did your fighters kill it?

22. Will finish DUC5, AvMilSci and BP1. start on CLs. Build Cols and some warships (DDgs).
A few yards not building, Some remote yards now finished, Emer Colony ships.
Not checking, but I dropped back to second place here.

23. Research AvMilSci2 and BP2, more on CLs. Build Cols and some warships (DDgs).
Remote yards now building Emer Colony ships. 26 colony ships, 50 colonies.
All yards producing and +10K metals. Make some small planets into Rad producers.

"Message from the Trithian Empire:
""I thought your ship was faking it at first.
Then I let it live to eat up maintanace. Did your fighters kill it?"

It was low. I thought I would "bluff" but you settled anyway. (grrr)
Naw, it's refueled."
(I hope he had fleeted it with other ships in area.
Planets that close to the WP and with refuel are scary.)

24. Research AvMilSci3 and CLs. Build Cols and some warships (DDbs).
Remote yards now building Emer Colony ships. 30 colony ships, 53 colonies 30 planets yet to settle.
All yards producing and +1K metals. # yards set to producing units.
Seeing if I need to mothball them.
I went back to first place here.

25. Research Chemistry and start HyperOptics. I've got CLs now. Build warships
and a few Colony ships. I found out that DDs cost more than Colony ships for the base hull.
I can't build 1 engine versions in one turn. Remote yards still building Colony ships,
but switching to DDCols. 35 colony ships, 55 colonies.
Started on Training grounds. I still don't have fighters. Getting worried about that.
He sent 3 ships to block reinforcments from coming into the main combat arena. BP may suprise him.

26. Will finish HyperOptics, Armor and Repair. start on Physics. Building mostly warships.
Lost a CH4 planet. Falling back it looks like. Bad, the system is vital to me to keep and hold.
34 Colony ships, but taking most off construction. Just building them in the north. 58 Colonies.
On Southwestern flank, 19 ships in the area, but only 14 worlds left. I am in First right now.

"Helluva game! Points leader back and forth. Galaxy divided pretty evenly.
Some subtleties will be in play here, I 'spect.
Lovely game. Enjoying it all."

I replied...
You said, "Lovely game. Enjoying it all."
I agree, didn't like the loss of the planet though. Things are about to get more serious I suspect.
Check for my Email.

27. Research AMilSci3 and CLgs. Building warships and just finishing off 2 colony ships.
Remote yards now building CLgs. 35 colony ships, 62 colonies 29 planets open now but includes contested systems.
Building Looker1 sats causing -7K metals this turn. The southwest sector is a dead end. :-(
Message... "Boarding parties! Wow, I did not think anyone used those. (PIPwar)"

28. ?

29. Research Sensors, Shields2, and start Armor4 76K res a turn now. Building warships, no colony ships.
Remote yards now building CLgs. 27 colony ships, 72 colonies 19 planets open now but includes contested systems.
Launched Lookers but no sightings. -300 metals this turn. Ship training center is now set up and functioning.
One in mixed space was destroyed, but the reserve one still works.
I launched my first reall attack against his blocking force.
It worked well and I captured a DD whole, but had damage to half of my ships. 3 enemy FFs and one DD destroyed.
Message... "Let's see if I can use these Boarding Parties! Wow, They work. Good Idea. (PIPwar)"

30. Will finish Armor4, Shield3. start on Repair3. Build warships (CLgs).
A few yards not building. 26 colony ships, 73 colonies 18 planets open. 548.8 score.
3 planets far to the north not targets. Found 2 cols loose. Sent to yards for mothballs.

31. Will finish Armor5, start on Construction (for troops) Repair3. Build warships (CLgs-).
A few yards not building. 20 colony ships, 79 colonies 12 planets open.

"Capture ships? LOL...first time I've seen a ship recapture on that was captured. That was right on time!"

I replied... Not quite sure what that means, but I am laughing with you I think :-)
I was hoping the earlier message arrived at the right time. Now I can get that great engine2 tech!
(It turns out in the battle from before he had captured one of my ships, then I captured it back. Same battle)

32,33. Did turns at work. Started Construction, Repair3, and Phy. Fought off a cloaked DD, but it saw much. :-(

34. Will finish Sensors2, PolySci1, and APB2. start on ECCM2. Build warships (CLgs).
Unmothball bases. 14 colony ships, 85 colonies 6 planets open. 734.6 score.
6 planets not colonized, 4 of them in enemy space,
really only one more for me to get unless he is not in the north.

35. Will finish ECCM2, PolySci2, and APB2. start on Troops. Build warships (CLg&ghs).
Unmothball bases. 14 colony ships, 86 colonies 5 planets open. 821.5 score.
I have been shifting to more of a war footing, I just hope I get there first. 103 ships, so 89 warcraft.

36. @Work. Get Troops and PolySci3 Upgrade the PolySci2s I just built.

37. Will finish Anti Engine, Troop Weapons, Smaller Weapons start on ECM3. Build warships (CLgs-).
Good news, the north is open, sending ships there.

38. Will continue and get ECM3, get Anti Engine2, Troop Weapons2, start on ECCM3. Build warships and WB troops.
A few yards not building. 12 colony ships, 86 colonies. Colonized some in the north, continuing on there.
Attacked by 28 ships (8ESs and 20 CLs) They have ECm/ECCM2, and some are maxed Armor.
Looks like they are trained to the max as well. They took out a long standing planet and ~10 small ships.
I could not hit him. Hope he gets overconfedent, but glad he went to my planet and not deeper in-system.

I send to him...You took out another planet. After I was leaving yours alone.
Things are getting serious. You just cut through my fleet (of small ships) as well!

39. Getting Anti Engine3, Troop Weapons3, start on ECCM3. Build warships and WB troops.
88 colonies, score 942.1. Found connection to back of his space in northeast.
Attacking ships Go to his planet. I think it is strange he did that.

40. Finish ECCM3 Astro. Start PD4. Build warships and Troops.
88 colonies, score 1M. Connection to back of his space has Fighters there and a looker.

41. Finish PD4, do Sheilds4, APB3, and StHar1. Starting to get Solar sails. Build warships and Troops.
Troop transports are stating to come off the line. Collecting Troops now. 88 colonies, score 1.1M.
Finishing final upgrade of CLs. Getting them ready for battle soon. His fleet of 28 ships are moving off.
This leaves me open to capture his planet and breathers whenever, but takes out of the picture destroying his fleet.

42. Finish PD5, StHarn2. Start Shield5. 89 colonies, score 1.1M. He has 3 very fast CAs.
They attacked to the north, killed a planet and started moving to more. My defenses are sparse.

43. Finish Shield5, StHarn3. Start CAs. 86 colonies 5 colony ships, score 1.1M still first.
His CAs killed the rest of the worlds in the system. I could not stop them. :-(
6 more also attacked in the split system, rekilled a planet. My CLs are moving slowly in.

43. Finish EOW4, StHarn4. Continue CAs. 88 colonies 4 colony ships, score 1.1M still first.
His CAs killed the rest of the worlds shared system. My CLs are on the WP, and going for the planet.

"Oh well, that was fun. Time to go hide now, I guess. (gulp!)"
I reply... My silence the last few turn has shown my massive and building anger.
I will find some way to make you pay. You seem to have out teched and out fought me.

44. Finish StHarn5. Continue CAs. 86 colonies 5 colony ships, score 1.1M still first.
I have set up to capture his planet and get the breathers there.
My loss of worlds has badly affected morale, but I am trying to cope.

45. Finish CAs. Start StHarn6. 91 colonies 1 colony ship, score 1.1M still first.
I lost some ships, but took the planet :-) Retreating now with people.
He has Yard2 and PPD5s. Way ahead of me! :-( I don't really understand how he is doing so good.

46. I will finish Stellar Harnessing and Engine overloading weapons. 91 colonies 1 colony ship.
Will colonize last open planet I know besides the killed systems. Score 1.2M still first.
He is attacking with 73 ships. 9ES, 3 FF, 1DD, 30+CLs, 30+CAs, and a BC.
I could be a goner soon or win.
I send... I thought I would stur up a hornets nest, but MAN! Time for the final battle.

47. Start APB4. Start BCs. 92 colonies, score 1.2M and I dropped to second.
Big battle next turn I think. It will help decide things.

48?. ?

49. Finish Min2. Start Yard2. 91 colonies, score still 1.21M.
He did not fight against me. Playing the waiting game. Looks like I lost, so take chances.
Message from the Trithian Empire: ""Time for the final battle."
Time is on my side. No need to hurry. Rather play it safe."

I reply. You have strange ideas, but that is OK with me. When did you figure you had lots more systems than I?

50. Finish Yard2. 91 colonies, score still 1.2M.
Computer issues at home. Did turn at work.

51. Start Yard3. 91 colonies, score still 1.2M.

52. Continue Yard3. 91 colonies, score still 1.2M.

53. Finish Yard3. 91 colonies, score still 1.2M.

54. Finish BC. 91 colonies, score still 1.2M.
Setup attack to the East. Computer issues at home. Did turn at work.

55. Finish APB. 91 colonies, score still 1.2M.
Jump WP and try to hit several planets. Computer issues at home. Did turn at work.

56. Finish ShieldDep, BPs. 91 colonies, score still 1.2M.
Ask for trade 30K min for 10K rad and 10K org. He had large force of guards with engine killers.
I made it through, but lost 2, slowed others. Move fleet to attack on planet.

57. Finished APB7, and ShieldDep3. Will finish Engines6, SDW4, BP4, and start on APB8.
91 colonies, 10 of 22 CO2 have breathers on them. score still 1.3M, second.
Eastern attack killed on unguarded planet. Moving others to hit two more than retreat for repairs.
"This trade is worthless to us.
Not to mention, you're mean!"
Replied. After I removed myself from the floor I will agree,
but point to the 8 planets of mine you have treated the same.

58. Will finish APB8 and start on ShieldDep5. 91 colonies, score 1.3M.
Hit one other planet and am continuing the withdraw.

59. Will finish Engines7 and start on APB9. 91 colonies, score 1.3M.
Big attack this turn. Jumping in all three places I can.
Reasons are my Probing attack saw 70 ships vs my 100 is good. Middle battle, I don't expect anything to happen.
East battle I think he is still weak from my last attack. Plus, I just realized again he has Rock.
Looks like I am toast unless I can make his happyness modifier work against him. i.e. Riots!!!

60. Will finish APB9 and start on Gas. 91 colonies, score 1.3M.
Success in the main attack. I still have 60-70 ships left, only loosing ~20.
Middle battle, I didn't hit anything, but really can not see cloaked ships.
East battle I got in and hit a planet, but he has 17 BCs on his main world waiting for me.
Vary bad unless they are training. He has Ice colonies too. Bad for me :-(

62. 3 Turns til Gas. 91 colonies, score 1.3M.
Lost the Middle attack. BCs Killed me. Split the big force into fast and slow ships.
Fast ship will meet up with reinforcements, Slow head to the last planet.
East I got took out a few more planets. His BCs split up (trained & untrained?) 8 head my way.
"Well, THAT went well. Just a good thing I have that fleet of 100 battleships waiting. WHew!"
Replied. I hope not. 100 BBs are too much for my CLs.

63. 2 Turns til Gas. 91 colonies, score 1.4M.
Fast ship fleet heading to the next system.
East I got farther in with 4 ships. Hoping to delay him while I get gas and rock.

64. 1 Turns til Gas then most of APBX. 91 colonies, score 1.3M, went down from the ships I lost.
Fast ship fleet was destroyed by a mix of ram ships and fighters.
East I killed one more planet, but lost 2.8 ships. Again from ramming.
I have little fleet left as this is the low point of my builds now getting out of training.
I did hit his murual, but I don't think enough. 19 CO2 worlds have breathers, 3 left.
"Well, maybe too much for your CL's but you can always use those "other" ships... *wink*.
Besides, you know I can't hit a darn thing!"

65. Got Gas. Getting Fighters then more on APBX. 91 colonies, score 1.4M, second.
East fleet lost from CA ramming 1.2 ships were all thet were left, now none.
I declared War. More hits I hope. 19 CO2 worlds have breathers, 3 left.

66. More on APBX. 91 colonies, score 1.4M, second.
Nothing much. Sent colony ships on their way. Building more.

67. Got APBX started Resupply. Just getting ready if a breakout occurs.
113 colonies, score 1.6M, second. Cleared fighters out of near system.
Sucking down minerals again, plus organics.
Message from the Trithian Empire: "That's weird. Declaring war on me. ???"
Message to him "WAR! WAR I say! (PIPwar)". only 1 CO2 world without breathers.

68. Got Ripperbeam1, More on Resupply. score 1.7M, second.
Nothing much. Sent colony ships on their way. Building more.

69. Got Ripperbeam2, More on Resupply. score 1.7M, second.
Nothing much. Sent colony ships on their way. Building some more.

70. Got Ripperbeam3, More on Resupply. 156 colonies, score 1.8M, second.
Nothing much. Sent colony ships on their way. He broke through in Eurul.

71. Got Ripperbeam4, started APBXI. 163 colonies, 169 ships, 13 bases, score 1.8M, second.
Launching counter attack with 30 ships. It should get through since he moved his force out to
attack me in Eurul. He broke through in Yullado, but did not press from Eurul. Looks like
I am lost, but he keeps toying with me. Only one of three connections are holding, and that just bearly.

72. Got APBXI, and did some on DNs. Will get Shields6 and Explosives2 next turn, then start Rock.
167 colonies, 135 ships, 13 bases, score 1.7M, second.
Lost the 30 ship CL fleet It ran into fighters, Crash Escorts and BBs.
He finally killed 3 planets, and kind of in stride took out some more ships.
Not much left for me. Building fighters and Ripper BBs, but they will be too late.
Only one more Gas planet left to colonize, it will be done next turn.

73. Continue on Rock (2 turns) then Explosives2 after, maybe get it on secont turn.
166 colonies, Lost 2 made one. 140 ships, 16 bases, score 1.8M, second.
Not much left for me. Building Ram BBs this turn, less training needed.
Building up organics for planned rock discovery.
Emails mention he is way ahead. I can't really bluff any longer. Next turn he may ask for my surrender.