winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old October 15th, 2018, 01:10 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road
Default Weird Windows issue with ScenHack and game

So I have 10 scenarios I created...

Actually let me back that up, I have two installations, one in a folder called (directory 1):

Code:
C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2
Which has been my main one since day one, but I have experienced some possible data corruption (in particular with the Polish OOB).

My other installation is located in (directory 2):

Code:
C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2-Mods
...So back to my issue...

So in directory 1, I had 10 scenarios in slots 775-784 so I copied these to directory 2 and then in that directory 2 (using that installations folder ScenHack) I edited those 10 scenarios and then used ScenHack to move the files to location 651-660, no problems so far that I noticed in ScenHack, I can see the data and load up the text file in ScenHack and what not, except that I did not see any files (Scen651.*cmt/dat/txt etc.) in Windows (via explorer or cmd), so I opened up the game (for that folders exe) and loaded each scenario and low and behold there they are, so I saved them again this time in the editor and I can see my changes in the game and the editor. But...

In Windows I can't find any files! I fixed the permissions for that folder to be wide open and still I can't find the files in Windows, but I surely can see them in the game and in the editor!

So I don't know what exactly has or is going on.

Any thoughts would be welcomed. If I can't access the cmt/dat and txt files for each scenario I can't share them.

I do have the original back ups, but they are not edited, so I'd have to redo the work (which is not a really big deal just a really big pain in the butt).

I have rebooted and still don't see the files either in windows explorer or on the command line.

Thoughts/help?

Thanks.
Old October 15th, 2018, 01:34 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Weird Windows issue with ScenHack and game

Problem solved!

So no idea what went on there...but here is how I fixed things.

Since my edits were persisting in the game (which is a wonderful thing) but the files were not present in windows os. I did a quick test and created a dummy/throw away scenario. That worked so what I did was to load up each individual scenario from slots 651-660 and resaved them in slots 701-710. Other than the missing text file it worked fine and I see the dat and cmt file. So easy enough to copy the missing text file back and continue on my way.

Glad I am over that scare (two in one week!).

You may now go back to your previous schedule programs, expect some new scenarios by end of week...