This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 20th, 2024, 06:12 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: APC Development and related topics.

https://twitter.com/nicholadrummond/...U67hM5tKw&s=19

Very nice near top shot of:

Quote:
Family portrait. From bottom left clockwise: Boxer drone mothership, Boxer NEMO 120 mm mortar, Boxer IFV with Samson turret, Boxer RCH155, Boxer bridgelayer with 22-metre MLC 50 bridge, Boxer IFV with RCT30 turret, Boxer repair & recovery, and Boxer EW / C2 vehicle.

In case icons need touching up, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkSheppard For This Useful Post:
Old March 11th, 2024, 12:32 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

For my Marine Buddy...

USMC Advanced Reconnaissance Vehicle 30mm Autocannon (ARV-30) is to START a 2yr. competition to see who'll get the production contract.

So "GD" vs. Textron with 500 UNITS at stake with production to run from mid 2026 to 2032.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...rototype_.html

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old March 17th, 2024, 01:32 PM

Lieutenant General

Officially in service this month the M117 GUARDIAN 250 units completely refurbished from USA stocks.

It has...
"It is equipped with an advanced armor system from IBD Deisenroth Engineering, a German firm known for its modular expandable armor packages. This includes ceramic composite applique armor for the exterior and a spall liner for the interior, offering robust protection against small arms fire, mine blasts, and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs). The vehicle can transport up to eight infantry soldiers."

"The M1117 is fitted with a one-man non-stabilized turret which is armed with a 40mm automatic grenade launcher (MK19 MOD 3) and a .50-caliber machine gun (M2/M48) . This turret provides a full 360° rotation and can elevate up to 45°, allowing for versatile and effective firepower deployment."
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...nian_army.html

Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day (Just a good legitimate day for a GOOD brew. ) because today internationally everyone is Irish and because he says so (Posted under duress this dude got a temper! OUCH!!! -see what I mean!?!)

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 17th, 2024, 04:36 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Officially in service this month the M117 GUARDIAN 250 units completely refurbished from USA stocks.

It has...
"It is equipped with an advanced armor system from IBD Deisenroth Engineering, a German firm known for its modular expandable armor packages. This includes ceramic composite applique armor for the exterior and a spall liner for the interior, offering robust protection against small arms fire, mine blasts, and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs). The vehicle can transport up to eight infantry soldiers."
and do you think all of those "up to eight infantry soldiers" would be all on the inside/ all on the outside of both?

They keep doing things the game cannot handle as protected under armour carry capacity or carry capacity outside on the hull is determined by unitclass. It's one or the other not both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y87TN7gro50

"Hold on tight boys this is gonna get bumpy" ( FOR ALL 9 OF THEM )

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 17th, 2024 at 04:46 PM..
Old March 17th, 2024, 10:52 PM

Lieutenant General

A team of 4 Commander, Driver, Gunner and 1 more internally.

UPDATE: Went back to review the Army Rec. ref. from my last post. I count 8 Ukrainian troops externally using hand and foot holds on the side of the vehicle. CARRY 012 (?)

These when first introduced were designed for MP and Security reasons.

The RECON role would come later.

The following is a post operational update on the M1117 GUARDIAN approved for public release in MAR. 21, 2001.

Pages 6-8 are pertinent to this discussion. I've "cherry picked" the following as they somewhat exceeded my expectations of this vehicle.

Page 6 Bottom:
"The vehicle provides protection from .50 caliber armor piercing rounds to the crew compartments and ammo storage areas.13 It provides airburst..."

Page 7 as it continues from "It provides airburst" as above: ..."protection from 60mm rounds at ten meters, and 155mm rounds at fifteen meters. Anti-tank mine protection is provided for up to twelve-pound blasts at each wheel and four pounds in the center of the vehicle." (That's really good for a vehicle of that size.)

Same Page in continuation:
"The vehicle mounts a fully enclosed Up Gunned Weapons Station (UGWS)
(Figure 3) 14 and is also referred to as the 40/50
turret
." And...
"The M36E2 sight allows the gunner to engage targets at the MK19 maximum effective range of 2200 meters during day or night engagements. Turret improvements over the standard UGWS provide increased survivability and a reduced silhouette. Two banks of four electrically operated smoke grenade launchers are mounted on either side of the turret, firing forwards. "
https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA387741.pdf

The history section starting on Page 20 I found very interesting especially on the British use of their LAV's in particular in OPS in N. Ireland.

Andy might find it interesting as I believe he served during the "Troubles".

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 18th, 2024 at 12:40 AM..
Old March 18th, 2024, 04:08 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
A team of 4 Commander, Driver, Gunner and 1 more internally.

UPDATE: Went back to review the Army Rec. ref. from my last post. I count 8 Ukrainian troops externally using hand and foot holds on the side of the vehicle. CARRY 012 (?)
Regards,
Pat
Count again. You forgot the guy on the front then there are four hanging off the left side and four more on the right side

It matters little either way. The Ukrainian version is getting a higher carry cap than any of the other nations that use it

I may give this unit it'S own formation and unitclass as it is ( so far ) only being used by 425th Assault Battalion and it appears NOT in a scouting capacity

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 18th, 2024 at 04:31 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 18th, 2024, 11:06 AM

Lieutenant General

Missed that 9th guy, thought he was the gunner.

Regards,
Pat