.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old December 29th, 2010, 10:42 PM

First Lieutenant

Bananadine is on a distinguished road
Default How to add heresy? Can one remove stealth or magic skill?

I'm trying to make a new unit for my mod. It's supposed to be heretical. Is there a command for adding that?

I couldn't find one, so I've been assuming there wasn't one. Accordingly, I stole some heresy from Arcoscephale's Skeptic (1071). But the skeptic is stealthy, and I later realized that I couldn't get rid of the unwanted stealth. Is it possible to remove stealth via a mod command?

I couldn't find a way, so I tried switching to a different unit: LA Pythium's Reveler (1880). This solved my problem... until I saw a commanding version of my unit. I now realize that if somebody casts Gift of Reason on that unit, an N1 mage (via the Reveler's magic skill) will result. This is rather bad for my mod. I tried to remove the N1 skill by declaring #magicskill 6 0 but it didn't work--I guess 0 has no effect there. (Also, the Reveler has a chance at getting another skill point, so I'd have to block that somehow too.) Is it possible to remove magic skill via a mod command?

I assumed not, and went searching for a heretical unit with no unwanted, nonremovable attributes, but I couldn't find any. Is there any heretical unit that isn't stealthy or skilled in magic? (I'm not especially picky about the intensity of the heresy.)

I assume there isn't one; for now I'm just going to accept the Skeptic's stealth. It doesn't really fit my unit, but it doesn't really break it either.

Making a mod for this game is quite the puzzle....
Old December 30th, 2010, 03:35 AM

Corporal

DeadlyShoe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to add heresy? Can one remove stealth or magic skill?

Have you tried #clearmagic? Make sure to put it after #copystats.
Old December 30th, 2010, 11:16 AM

First Lieutenant

Ah, yes, this is what #clearmagic is for! I'd only glossed over that command in the manual, before, and by the time I needed it I'd forgotten it. Thanks!
Old January 1st, 2011, 02:17 AM

Corporal

DeadlyShoe is on a distinguished road

!
Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

Stavis_L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananadine View Post
I'm trying to make a new unit for my mod. It's supposed to be heretical. Is there a command for adding that?

I couldn't find one, so I've been assuming there wasn't one.
At one point the progress page had indicated that it was going to be added, but the patch that followed didn't include it, so I'm assuming there was some issue making it generally available (unless it was just an oversight.) There is currently no such command.

Quote:
Accordingly, I stole some heresy from Arcoscephale's Skeptic (1071). But the skeptic is stealthy, and I later realized that I couldn't get rid of the unwanted stealth. Is it possible to remove stealth via a mod command?
No way that I'm aware of, short of clearing the unit entirely (which will remove the heretic condition too.)

Quote:
...[i]went searching for a heretical unit with no unwanted, nonremovable attributes, but I couldn't find any. Is there any heretical unit that isn't stealthy or skilled in magic? (I'm not especially picky about the intensity of the heresy.)
I'm not aware of any that that lack both stealthy and magic skills, but as others have answered, the magic skills are not an issue.

In case anyone else stumbles across this thread and determines that the (rather extreme) Heretic-3 value of reveler is too much, or doesn't want the heretic to be stealthy, the easiest way to find heretic units is using Edi's database, filtering on values > 0 in the "her" column (column BR) in the Magic section.

The units Leo (1872) and Heliodromus (1873) provide heresy values of 1 and 2 respectively, and all of their other atypical attributes (fire power, fire resistance, fire/nature magic, additional leadership, armor) can be removed using existing modding commands (see my Mistica mod where I use Leo as a base for the Master of the Occult for an example.)

AFAIK, Reveler is the only unit with Heretic 3, so you're stuck with stealthy if you want a high value like that.
Brainless Soulless - a fix for Life after Death/Ankh "exploit", Bogarus Scout Fix
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:32 AM

First Lieutenant

Oh, the Reveler isn't stealthy, it was the Skeptic that had that problem. I'm staying with the Reveler and clearing its magic.

The first heretic I thought of was actually Belphegor at Heretic 5, due to my recent contacts with him in multiplayer games. But he's full of hard-to-remove qualities, so it didn't take me long to rule him out and go searching for a less powerful heretic.
Old January 11th, 2011, 09:04 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

If the heretic attribute was supposed to be activated by some patch, it's just more likely that it was forgotten or overlooked.
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:46 PM

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

It's now been added for the next patch!
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:30 PM

Edi is on a distinguished road

Indeed.

You only need wait until we get the kinks tested out of the new patch version and when it goes public, there shall be no more need to tinker with copystatting existing heretic units.