.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old May 13th, 2007, 07:05 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Strange Transformations

ologm, are you using a Mac, and the host Linux or Windows? Then you're not the only one who has replay inconsistency.
Emergency comic relief
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:22 PM

Corporal

ologm is on a distinguished road

It's a single player game. I don't have the chalice or GOH.
Old May 17th, 2007, 02:24 PM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road
Default Pretender Dragon selection problem

When designing a Pretender, I went to Early Age Ulm. I can not selcet the red dragon, instead I am given the Great Sage. The Blue dragon gives me the frost father while the green one the master druid.

I then tried selecting dragons for other nations and encountered the same problem.

I am running 3.08. Game is otherwise running well.
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

BigDisAwesome is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pretender Dragon selection problem

Thats how it's supposed to work. The dragons can transform into their caster counterparts. When they transform into the dragon, they lose 2 in every magic path they have, but gain those nice dragon stats.

Try it out. An W9 blue dragon not only gives an awesome bless for not many points, and he makes a rather respectable SC/thug.
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:02 PM

Corporal

Baneslave is on a distinguished road

Saxon: Use command "change shape" to have your dragon. All dragons have special second human special form. They change form if they are hurt.
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:35 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Saxon said:
When designing a Pretender, I went to Early Age Ulm. I can not selcet the red dragon, instead I am given the Great Sage. The Blue dragon gives me the frost father while the green one the master druid.

I then tried selecting dragons for other nations and encountered the same problem.

I am running 3.08. Game is otherwise running well.
As the others said, it always has been that way. If you check the various dragon entries in the DB, you will see a value in the shapechange field. Check the monsters with that number. All pretenders who can shapechange (except the Smoking Mirror) will show their alternate form after being selected. The dragons will show great sage, frost father and master druid, dracolich will show bog mummy, carrion dragon will show carrion lord and ***** queen will show crone. It was through this mechanism that some of the earlier and since fixed cost mismatch bugs were found, because the cost of the alternate shape determines the point cost of the pretender.
Old May 18th, 2007, 01:51 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

Huh, interesting. I last used dragons in Dom 2 and do not remember having the graphic change on the selection screen. Probably my oversight. What was confusing me was that I clicked on a picture of a dragon, but then got a little man. When I checked the first screen, the little man was right underneath the dragon, with the same name. It truly does look like I am selecting a dragon and am then being given another pretender type. As that second pretender type is also available for selection, the interface is not 100% crystal clear about what is going on.

In any case, thanks for sorting this out so easily, I am glad one can still select dragons. I don’t think this is a bug, but I do think the interface could be clearer.

And yes, having the human shape cast some strong buffs, then switching to dragon form and attacking as a SC is a powerful strategy. I always disliked losing a turn to the shape change and, for this game, went with the God of War. Silly fool got a never ending wound in his second battle and a limp later on. He is now the Retired God of War, sitting in a lab telling stories about the good old days…
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:14 AM

Corporal

ologm is on a distinguished road

Ritul of Rebirth works on undead Unfrozen lord( id 1201 )
Old May 18th, 2007, 01:33 PM

Private

Igni is on a distinguished road
Default Probem on the Army Set-up screen

I'm playing on a Mac iBook. When I'm in the Army Setup screen, sometimes when I double-click on troops, it crashes me out the game and I'm looking at the desktop.

I've been encountering it over and over again as I try to identify wounded troops by clicking one one of them and hitting 'w'. That part works fine. Shortly thereafter when I'm trying to deselect someone is when it crashes.

Is this a known problem? Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and thank you to Ilwinter for such an addictive game.
Old May 18th, 2007, 02:44 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Probem on the Army Set-up screen

That is one problem that has been reported for the Mac version. I probably need to add it to the shortlist, but even though I'm largely in charge of collecting bug reports, I've got almost no idea of what issues affect the mac version and how severely. That's due to my zilch experience with Macs.