World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 21st, 2014, 03:17 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Usmc m16a4 acog

Just wondering if this is correct
All teams with the exception of recon seem to be equipped with a variant that has an accuracy of 28 rather than 6 like the squads.
Old April 21st, 2014, 05:13 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Usmc m16a4 acog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Just wondering if this is correct
All teams with the exception of recon seem to be equipped with a variant that has an accuracy of 28 rather than 6 like the squads.
Two-man teams are, 4+ are not (unless it is in fact a secondary weapon like say an MG section).
Again it gets back to the fact that a "primary weapon" has its chance to hit modified by the number of men in the unit. So with two men at accuracy 1 (in the case of the base M16A1) they almost never hit, why even bother with a having a weapon it just makes the unit more expensive and is essentially useless.
Perhaps 28 for an M16A4 is a bit high, but it uses the same formula used to create the values when a weapon is used as both a primary and secondary.

Besides, these teams (ATGM, FO, MPAD, etc.) have limited ammo and are damn expensive (point wise) to be using as infantry.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by Suhiir; April 21st, 2014 at 05:32 AM..
Old April 22nd, 2014, 01:54 AM

Corporal

Turret is on a distinguished road

Why is it that USMC have such weapons? Other OObs don't seem to display this.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 04:57 AM

Lieutenant General

The USMC OOB was recently rebuilt from scratch, the other OOBs have been in the game since day one.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:19 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The weapon in question is being treated like a SAW in the USMC. The ONLY difference between it and DOZENS of other similar calibre weapons used in other OOB's is it's range....which is LESS than a "standard" SAW of similar calibre so NOBODY is going to lose a game to a USMC opponent because of it.

As well, this weapon as it's set up is virtually identical to weapon 21 AND 24, which has existed in the USMC OOB for a decade or more and never raised an eyebrow. The only difference between W21 and W25 is the slightly higher accuracy of W25 ( but it is an ACOG.. ) and a range reduced by 2 so it's perfectly acceptable as is

Don

Last edited by DRG; April 22nd, 2014 at 08:37 AM..
Old October 28th, 2015, 03:43 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Usmc m16a4 acog

Well I thought this might be a good place for this article, the Commandant has ordered the full replacement of the M16A4 with the M4 Carbine/or Mini 4 by the end of FY 2016 (Sep.) also in an ongoing process the AB49 round will became the standard issue round of the CORPS. In tests conducted by the CORPS the M4 w/AB49 demonstrated better ballistic characteristics out to 600m then the M16A4.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/octob..._42710151.html

Something to keep my learned Marine friend busy!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old October 28th, 2015, 07:54 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

simple.......... the M16A4 ACOG becomes the M16A4 / M4 ACOG. End of problem

as well it is already on my list to increase the range of all optical assault rifles by 1...........so any 6 accuracy weapons that are now 8 range go to 9 range and the M4A1 Carbine goes from 4 to 7 range and the Brit L22 Carbine goes to 7

It's a slight adjustment with limited affect on gameplay NOT a game changer

Don

Last edited by DRG; October 28th, 2015 at 10:16 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old October 28th, 2015, 09:45 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Well I thought this might be a good place for this article, the Commandant has ordered the full replacement of the M16A4 with the M4 Carbine/or Mini 4 by the end of FY 2016.

Something to keep my learned Marine friend busy!?!

Regards,
Pat
The main reason the Marines hung back from adopting the M4 was effective range. Prior to the ACOG sights and new ammo the M4 really was more of a SMG then an assault rifle.
But with the new sights and ammo there is little difference between them ballistics wise.

Old October 29th, 2015, 03:16 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Usmc m16a4 acog

Really not concerned with the ballistics issue for any other reason than it was a part of the decision tree as the article indicated concerning the M4 Carbine completely replacing the M16A4 in the USMC by the end of FY2016.
All I can really say is this is happening already in the USN (You know the one paying the bills.) as well. That the ballistics now allows the M4 to match the capabilities of the M16A4 (Which at one time was our standard issue weapon as well.) , the troops like it better etc. etc. again doesn't change the fact that the USMC Commandant has ordered that the M16A4 will be replaced in the USMC by the end of FY 2016 with the M4. That is the issue here as stated in my first sentence of my last post.
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/stor...--m4/30145257/
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/stor...ntry/74593750/

For close quarters ship board combat (And yes we did/or do still "play the way we train" to defend our platforms.) there is no better weapon besides a good hand gun as we like the other services moved away from the M-14 and now the M-16 variants. The M16A4 though a venerable weapon is a dinosaur in our military the USA started the transition in earnest (They were also considering the HK416 (Only DELTA Forces are using them.) for all units.) USA about 6-8 years ago, USN and USMC later. http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...roversy-03289/

The USMC will now just get there before everyone else to the full transition from the M16A4 to the M4. I'm just letting you know what's happening any OOB changes to that reality is on you guys if you want to pursue it.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old October 29th, 2015, 04:23 AM

Lieutenant General

I was aboard a sub tender (USS Holland - decommissioned 1996) in 1975 and they were still using M-14s at the time.
Not the best weapon inside a ship