.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old November 22nd, 2008, 01:16 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What SC do you wish for?

Here's something I'd like to try, If you give some 4 armed commander, a Davana for example, 4 Eye Shields and fly him in a heavy Tartarian province could he blind them all? That is does Eye Shield have MR check?
Old November 22nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Tifone is on a distinguished road

Don't remember bout the Eye Shield (probably it does though), but mind that usually if one has tartarians, he will almost surely have a way to get rid of afflictions, as they come when summoned with very nasty afflictions already...
Old November 22nd, 2008, 01:56 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

Well, yes but you're not just gonna leave them hanging around blind you're gonna kill them.
Than again it's far easier to send someone with stone bird, gloves of gladiator and boots of quickness to knock down anyones defense in just one turn and then smite him down with something very powerful, I don't know if someone already mentioned this I haven't read the thread.

But it be interesting sending someone to blind the enemies sacred army for example, I'd had the pleasure to experience it myself, many blessed F9W9 jaguar warriors blinded and than massacred by damn meneads thanked to Jazzepi.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 02:16 PM

Captain

Bwaha is an unknown quantity at this point

About the eye shield, yes it is a magic resisted effect. I was trying to blind a cyclops SC, The battle lasted 50 rounds and he still can see.

He who laughs last didn't get the joke.
Saber

Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Socrates used to say, the best form of government was that in which the people obeyed their rulers, and the rulers obeyed the laws.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 05:43 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

That could just mean that there was never a successful melee shield parry in that battle. What was the cyclops' attack, and what was your unit's defense?

He has to actually hit the shield to get blinded.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old November 22nd, 2008, 07:23 PM

Sergeant

Nikelaos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Here's something I'd like to try, If you give some 4 armed commander, a Davana for example, 4 Eye Shields and fly him in a heavy Tartarian province could he blind them all? That is does Eye Shield have MR check?
the blindness would be negated via magic resistance IIRC, but there are other ways to ruin someones tartarian filled day.

i remember once i was playing a small mp with some close friends, 1 had a particularly awesome clam factory aswell as a rainbow pretender who earned him quite a massive gem income, he popped up nexus and seemed to have invested a stupidly large amount of pearls into it because noone could dispel it.

later came the stupid amounts of geared up tartarians and though we all ganged up on him we just couldn't break through, armies were shattered, communions overpowered, raiding squads resulted in teleporting empowered tartarian dumped down on them, teleporting seraph resulting in 5 teleporting tartarians - it was ridiculous.

however the rather smart chap playing C'tis seemed to have found the remedy, he summoned a devourer of souls and teleported a comunion around with it to cast buffs and hold tartarians down with spells like tangle vines, he had also taken a rather large horde of chaff along to take the battering and reduce the tartarians defence skill via multiple attacks, and 1 by 1 (well 3 by 3, he aimed for large numbers of tartarians) tartarians fell to his devourer of souls.

it actually looked like nothing could go wrong at this point, untill the devourer of souls got enslaved by uber astral communion
Old November 27th, 2008, 01:34 PM

Colonel

Soyweiser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikelaos View Post
it actually looked like nothing could go wrong at this point, untill the devourer of souls got enslaved by uber astral communion
Impressive story Sound like a very exciting end-game.
Old November 27th, 2008, 03:00 PM

Major General

MaxWilson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikelaos View Post
Heh. I believe Devourer of Souls is unique, so the guy with the clam factory could also have wished for it to deprive C'tis of its services. Uber communion is good too.

There's not much you can't do with a huge supply of pearls.

-Max

["Memories of Ice", by Steven Erikson. Retranslated into l33t.]