.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old March 7th, 2015, 11:55 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Desert Storm 1991 Campaign - Working Copy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juramentado View Post
So - I've experienced the bizarre long-range accuracy of the Iraqi force (and trust me, I've got preferences dialed WAY down in favor of me). Anyway - more knowledgeable people than me have weighed in, but I'm just reiterating my experience with the campaign.
Yeah, I do not know what to make of that either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juramentado View Post
What is tough is that the last mission - Highway of Death - automatically penalizes me a couple of thousand points. I think it might be because both US and Iraqi forces are starting on the same side of the divider line? I've replayed it several times, including removing all but a couple of tanks and HQ unit and it still thinks I had too big an arty overload advantage. I've placed them at the corners, edges, anywhere away from the divider line and the highway. Nada. Not that I care too much since I think it's the last mission in the campaign, but I thought it was bizarre.
I'm reporting today on the second scenario, so I'm read the above with much interest and anticipation.

Desert Storm 1991 Scenario 2 (DSCSSI-1991 Scn2)

I’m finding the campaign challenging in the expansion of my core. I’m thinking TF-Jones will become a HCAB with two MBT companies and an Mech Infantry company in subsequent scenarios. Below I’ve listed the equipment purchased, force deployment, initial action, and a few suggestions.

Equipment Purchase
  • M1A1HA+ Abrahms Platoon x1
  • AH-64A Apache Section x1
  • Stinger Team (Wheeled) Sec x1
  • M106A2 Sec x1

Deployment
Bn Hq atop hill @ 24, 36 SW of Village
Mech Inf Co
  • Dismounted, Line Abreast, NW-SW 100m east of Village
  • Mech Inf Co Hq mounted inside Village
MBT Co
  • MBT hq ready @ 13,53 atop hill NW of Village
  • E Platoon at same location as MBT Hq, Line Abreast
  • D Platoon @ 37, 44 SE of Village, Line Abreast along ridge
  • T Platoon Abrahms inside village
Engr Platoon @ 8,17 Column, behind MBT Hq
M3A2 Bradley Cavalry Scouts
  • N Platoon @ 41, 52 Line Abreast mounted
  • O Platoon @ 14, 15 Line Abreast mounted, interspersed with MBT
    E Platoon
AH-64A Apache Sect @ 9, 10 Low Altitude
Other units behind MBT Hq
Fires
  • MBT filters set at Armor at 30 hex
  • Bradleys set Armor at 25 hex

Initial Action
T2, Bradley lit up a T-62 at 1850m

This scenario was every bit a “turkey shoot.” After the line units took their Oppty hits, I targeted any Iraqi unit within a 90% hit probability. By Turn 4, the scenario was over.

Suggestions

Identify Hq units.

Have TF-Jones placed on west of the Village on the road: a MBT platoon, a mounted Cavalry Scout section, and a section of M901A1. In subsequent turns have the remaining units enter the map. This forces the player to establish a hasty defense, which may prove more challenging.

Consider giving the Iraqi forces waypoints. If TF-Jones enters in Reinforcement Turns, then the Iraqi force should take the southern hill overlooking the village and the road running north to it.

Although I do not buy McDonalds, however, as the commerical says, “I’m loving it.”
Old March 8th, 2015, 01:05 PM

Private

Juramentado is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Desert Storm 1991 Campaign - Working Copy

You can get away with a CO Team - supplemented by a couple of mech scout sections to screen and hold smaller V-hexes. For me, the key was to have at least minimal aviation support to find the annoying stuff deep in like Red Mortar and Arty units - after a while, constant H&I just degrades you on the reaction phase.
Old March 8th, 2015, 04:31 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Potion Re: Desert Storm 1991 Campaign - Working Copy

Desert Storm Campaign 1991 Scenario 4 (DSC-1991 Scn4)

In this scenario I choose to make TF-Jones a HCAB with two MBT companies and an Mech Infantry company. Below I’ve listed the equipment purchased, force deployment, initial action, and a few suggestions.

Equipment Purchase
  • M1A1HA+ Abrahms Platoon x2
  • M1A1 MCBS Sec x1
  • Mec Eng Pl x1
  • M109A6 Paladin Bty x1
  • M901A1 Sec x1
  • M113A2 x 3
  • Snipers x2
  • 40mm Mk 19 GL Sec x2

Deployment
Bn Hq @ 25,39 Mounted, M577A3 C2V
C0 MBT Hq @ 28,39 V-Formation
  • T Platoon V-Formation second line
F0 Mech Inf C0 @23,39 Mounted
  • G, H Platoons Line Abreast @22,39 & 21,39
  • I Platoon @19,39 Column Formation

X0 MBT Hq @29,10 Line Abreast
SP Arty @23.52 Line
AH-64A Sec @ 29,59 Low Altitude

Fires
MBT filters set at Armor at 30 hex
Bradleys set Armor at 25 hex

Initial Action
T1, X0 MBT elements destroyed 3 T-62’s @ 1250m

The campaign allotted a Core expansion of 4500 points with an additional 2500. Seems a wee bit high.

Suggestions

The Iraqi forces left their FPs once my lead tanks took the VHs @75,30. Just as I was lining up Foxtrot to assault the runway and hanger area, the Iraqi forces advanced to reclaim 75, 30. It was a slaughter. Again, I would suggest setting Iraqi units with range and filters on, and in this particular scenario, the Reaction Turn should be set to 98, so the Iraqi units will not leave their fighting positions.

Maybe just give the player a Combined Arms Battalion with additional support points. I may not understand the Core/Support algo, but in this scenario, well at least from my perspective, an additional 4500 plus another 2500 to whip Iraqi's seems a little on the high side.

I'm still "Lovin' it!"

------