.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old May 9th, 2009, 11:45 AM

Sergeant

runequester is on a distinguished road
Default Terrible luck

the counterpart to hte other thread... what instances have you had of just plain outrageously bad luck?

The one that stands out in my mind was in the original SP. An 81mm mortar shell knocking out a T34.
Not even a barrage either. Just one single mortar popping off a stray shell or two. I always imagined the thing must have fallen down the hatch!
Old May 10th, 2009, 12:13 PM

Corporal

Mobryan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Terrible luck

From my USSR v.s Rambo AAR, 10/39...

At this point, the roof fell in. Apparently the sole survivor of the rifle squad that broke out of the ambush had rallyed enough to counter attack. This single rifleman destroyed, in deliberate attacks over 2 consecutive turns, my commanders T-35, the scouts Kosmosolets APC, and inflicted heavy casualties on the Scout squad before succombing to the engineers flamethrower. I don't know how to say "Rambo" in Finnish, but I'm going to have to learn...

Blew a BIG hole in the "hammer" line of my ambush.

Matt
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:23 AM

Sergeant

Lt. Ketch is on a distinguished road

This is a case of extremly bad luck only because it was good luck at first. It happened in my USSR LC.

I'm moving some units across a field where I had blown up a couple of German tanks and decimated their infantry support. I've got a good set of combined arms going, but as I move my Zis-30, enroute he gets jumped by an German AT team with those bundle gernades. I start praying as I see the alert come up. Good news, he lives, doesn't even take any damage. I start moving what infantry I have with movement left in his direction trying to spot that stupid little AT team. In the end I have 2 tanks, and two whole platoons looking at my Zis-30 and they can't see a thing. I save it since it had already overheated twice up to that point) and hit the end turn. Would you believe that that Zis-30 survived 3 attacks by that AT team without a scratch! Not only that, but after eveybody else had fired at the team when it became visible, it was the Zis-30 that killed it with one "shot" of their BTM. Right afterwards, my computer overheats. I boot it back up dreading what will happen. I know I'm not going to get that lucky again. Sure enough, when I load up the game and hit end turn, the AT team beats the snot out of my little TD. Not only that, but one of my on squads misses the team and hits and damages my Zis-30! It survived the attacks (and freadly fire), but man was I ticked!

Howard Tayer

Last edited by Lt. Ketch; May 13th, 2009 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: Got the facts wrong
Old May 19th, 2009, 09:25 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Not WW2 but I just had 3 Challengers engage a T-80 taking 9 shots at all between 65-90+%. Result all missed & a BMP2 immobilised one with a 6% hit from its gun, totaly blew the ambush.
Old August 7th, 2009, 04:55 PM

Private

Martock is on a distinguished road

For me...it just happened yesterday. 1st battle of LC as Germany - '39 - Had a meeting engagement with the Poles. I swear all my planes were being flown by the same pilot.

I had 2 Spotter planes and 2 flights of 2 JU87 Stukas.

First turn I have 1 spotter plane do a fly over of an VC section. Just as he arrives on scene, he is promptly shot down by a Polish AAMG section (I think it was a Tankeska or something like that - horsey drawn cart with machine gun plopped on top). Next fly over attempt, same thing though the last thing he spotted before hitting the ground was that AAMG cart. Frustrated I soften the area up with artillery and send in 1 stuka to hit a suspected 75FG site. Incoming Stuka swoops down and 3 MG shots later, is resting in a small pond. Rinse and repeat this 3 more times. EVERY single plane mission I flew was shot down by MG's. I'm guessing this poor pilot simply just got up, dusted himself off, reported back to base and went back out.
Old September 28th, 2009, 11:50 AM

Sergeant

Lt. Ketch is on a distinguished road

The enemy probably let him go, knowing they'd get to shoot down another shiny peice of German equipment. Not that the 87 is that shiny, but still.

Maybe he's a double agent.

Howard Tayer