.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old July 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road
Default ANZAC Campaign from Pyros

The ANZAC Campaign is HERE for your enjoyment.

From Jason "Sgt. Walrus" Young :
Quote:
The Greek campaign was a tough introduction to WW2 for the ANZAC forces. It was a series of tactical withdrawals, hard fought all the way, leading to eventual evacuation or capture. This campaign does a fantastic job of providing the feel of being under that sort of intense pressure for a long period of time. The Axis Jabos rule the sky and when their artillery finds you, there is nowhere to hide.
This is a classic challenge, if you think the AI is always a pushover….think again!

In my humble opinion, keeping your core force alive is the key to this series of battles. The experience they gain will be invaluable to you as you attempt to keep the very efficient and battle hardened German Mountain troops, among many other interesting enemy units, at bay.
Your Forward Observer and core arty units will be life savers when precise bombardment is the order of the day. Get their experience up as quickly as possible and expect serious Counter Battery fire, so keep them moving!!

Pyros has made some excellent and very original innovations to the maps and AI tactics that really add spice and plenty of drama to the story of the battle. The fights are long and tough and you will feel you have earned every victory point by the end. I suggest that you read the instruction texts very carefully, they will be full of crucial intelligence to help you get your mission done.

If you cannot play against a human, this is easily the next closest sensation.

I cannot think of a better compliment.

I wish to thank Pyros for involving me in this project, it has been rewarding, occasionally bloody frustrating and always a challenge. As a Kiwi, and as a dedicated fan of this great game, I really appreciate seeing this campaign up and running. Much intense research and many long hours of detailed work have not been in vain.

Kodus to you Pyros____Respect

Kia Kaha!!
Jason"Sgt. Walrus" Young
Old November 27th, 2006, 03:58 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANZAC Campaign from Pyros (Behind the Scenes)

If you ever wanted to see what it takes to design a campaign such as the ANZAC Campaign now you have your chance. Over at SZO we created a secure forum for the development team to use as the campaign was being designed.

I am happy to announce that I have been given the OK to open this area up to the WinSP Community.

You can read more about this outstanding project here --> ANZAC Campaign Design Forum.
Old November 14th, 2008, 05:51 PM

Private

gibsonm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ANZAC Campaign from Pyros

New link:

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Workshop/WW2/WW2_page.html

Mark
MAJ RAAC
Old April 17th, 2009, 10:43 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

Updated the link for the WW2 ANZAC Project threads at GameSquad;

ANZAC Campaign Design Forum
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:07 PM

Private

trawler10 is on a distinguished road

Seems the ANZAC Campaign (excellent by the way) was not included in V6, nor is the link to it on this site active...
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:40 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawler10 View Post
Seems the ANZAC Campaign (excellent by the way) was not included in V6, nor is the link to it on this site active...
It is still there in user campaigns slot 10 of the download game I took from the site as a verification of V6 files.

Andy
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Yeah I'm a bit confused but this comment about it not being in V6...... it was issued years ago in slot 10 as Andy noted. It's in my master game as well as the "virgin" game I don't touch except to check installed patches

Are you saying your copy of the game does not have it in campaign slot 10 ??

Don
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:06 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trawler10 View Post
It is of course not included in the version 6 update patch file set since the files were not updated from the originals that are to be found in the consolidated patch.

Therefore if you have applied only the V6 patch without having run the consolidated patch first, then it wont be there (together with a whole lot of important updates from the last.

The consolidated patch rolls up all the old incremental patches we used to have prior to the recent V6 patch, which is an incremental one on top of that.

So - have you installed the consolidated patch before the V6 incremental patch?

Also - have you used the correct path for the patches?. They use the new path scheme that is windows vista and seven compliant (no use of the /program files/ folder).

cheers
Andy
Old January 1st, 2022, 08:56 PM

Private

grenvill is on a distinguished road

Weapon platoon(E0, E1, E2 etc) currently cant fit on its own Pack Mules. Looks like either load cost or mount size some of units has been changed in one of later patches.
The Following User Says Thank You to grenvill For This Useful Post:
Old January 2nd, 2022, 02:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: ANZAC Campaign from Pyros

Something changed but IDK what without digging really deep but I suspect the ammo canister. IIRC that had a code change at some point so it could be loaded into a vehicle (... maybe) and was given min carry cost that does not show in the OOB's. As far back as I can check it has 1 'crew' ( everything has to have at least 1 crew even ammo ) and 0 carry cost but in the initial scenario to start that campaign it reports a carrying cost of 4

Another case of 'reality" bumping heads with 'game reality. The combined carry capacity of those mules is 45 and the units they have to carry weigh 40 but unlike reality, we can not break down units to spread out the weight.

The problem is the simple solution of increasing the mules carry the capacity to carry 10 which would solve the problem does not work. I have tried it and the start-up scenario still only shows 9

That said IT IS possible to get all the units in the initial startup scenario that are on foot onto horse or mule transport. It just requires a little bit of creative re-organization

Every unit is loaded

HINT.... load the HQ and E6 ( aamg) into the same cav trasport unit.

It's possible to load all foot units onto the mules and horses and have one team of horses not loaded

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; January 2nd, 2022 at 02:33 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: