.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old July 19th, 2006, 05:28 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why am I not able to win the Orania Map ?

Gandalf,

Are you sure that you don’t get taxes when unrest goes over 100? I was sure I was getting some in my current game. If you are right, I need to makes some changes…

On PD, I like 11 everywhere, as it will usually hold off Call of the Winds and Call of the Wild. I still argue that if you really need PD, you better get Mechanical Milita. If you have not tried that spell, you will be impressed. (At least in single player)
Old July 19th, 2006, 10:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

I believe the taxes go down with unrest? Or population (and therefor taxes)? Generally 100% can be maintained but cranking it to 200% is quickly damaging.

I find it a particularly handy thing when seiging a home castle. Drive up the unrest so that even if he does manage to get it back he wont be able to develop a response force. Another quick rush often grabs it again.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old July 19th, 2006, 10:51 AM

Captain

Hmm, I will check tonight. I know that when it hits 100%, you can not recruit, which makes your tactic very effective. I have found against the AI, they do not agressivly patrol when you drop a spy or two on the capital. I have found it so effective that it is almost an exploit. Against a human who knows what they are doing, I suspect the spy would have a short life span...
Old July 20th, 2006, 09:41 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Humans definitely react if you raise unrest on them. The trick there is to have a whole set of spies start raising unrest on the same turn. You can cripple someone in this manner if you hit thier capitol and gold-heavy provinces all together. Quite powerful.
Old July 21st, 2006, 04:09 AM

Captain

How many spies do you need to push it over 100 in one turn? If you catch them out and they can not recruit a patroling force the next turn, you could really disrupt things. Still, even pushing it up to 60 or so will disrupt income, it is a nice idea.
Old July 21st, 2006, 10:16 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Sometimes you have a chance to take someones home castle even though you know he has large armies that will rush to take it back. Cranking taxes to 200% and setting everyone to search for blood maidens can give a nasty blow to his economy and ability to create national units.

Sometimes I even leave as his armies approach. Dont even bothr making him fight to get it back. Particularly with Pangaea or some other nation where I can hide my armies nearby just waiting for him to try and move his main army back out to the front lines. Its a difficult winning strategy but its a great ally strategy.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)