Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Opponents Wanted
Notices

Old September 5th, 2008, 03:15 PM

Corporal

Sniper23 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PBEM Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_of_red View Post
Why the small map? Even in the 60's & 70's, the ranges of some of the main guns was more then 80. 80x80 in MBT is your basic 'chainsaws in a phone booth fight to the finish'. If you want to get to grips on how real world tactics translates into MBT tactics, you need more room. My usual minimum for MBT is 120x120. 160x160 is more reasonable, given that anything under 40 is pointblank range.
I could do an all infantry battle with only on-map mortars for support. Pick one of these wars and a side;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...5%E2%80%931989

And we can get too it. I'll send an e-mail with slot choices, plus any other rules you want.

how big do you like the map when it is a infantry only battle?

and the pm got thru
Old September 11th, 2008, 10:43 AM

BANNED USER

c_of_red is on a distinguished road

Your 80x80 will do, so long as there are arty limits. What I'm trying to avoid is the all arty battle that was in vogue a decade or so ago. 15,000 points of arty and just saturate the map. It works, but it's SO boring.
Tanks (MBT's) were invented to get away from that stuff. I try to avoid artificial limits and rules that take advantage of the game system, so if my opponent wants 50% of his points as arty, fine, I want a map big enough to maneuver on to avoid that arty. Not that I'm saying you are a red leg, but just so you know where I'm coming from. If you need a small map due to memory restrictions on your machine, I'm good with that, we just need to agree on a limit to arty.
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:58 PM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: PBEM Campaign

c_of_red,
I'm willing to play you a game with the following limits: 1)No Air spt; only spotter planes
2)No Airborne or paratroop drops
Are you committed to following a turn schedule? I am easily bored and lose interest if we don't resolve our turns at least 1-2 times per 24hr period. Is this asking too much? Also I don't want a game lasting longer than 15-20 turns. Once we complete a battle then I may be interested in a campaign. Let's start with the Indo-Pakistan war of 1947. I take India and you Pakistan. I have the attached my preferences for our game. I have the cd version and all PBEM slots except 000 are available. If you agree with the above send me a setup to:erome5578@yahoo title the email MBT so I will know it's not junkmail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_03 Sep. 11 12.04.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	6756  
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:50 PM

Sergeant

Sniper 23,
Let's start a setup based on the Sino-Soviet border conflict. I will be the Russians and u the chinese. Same preferences as I sent to c_of_red. Same limits. No campaign just a battle.
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM

Corporal

Sniper23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_of_red View Post
Your 80x80 will do, so long as there are arty limits. What I'm trying to avoid is the all arty battle that was in vogue a decade or so ago. 15,000 points of arty and just saturate the map. It works, but it's SO boring.
Tanks (MBT's) were invented to get away from that stuff. I try to avoid artificial limits and rules that take advantage of the game system, so if my opponent wants 50% of his points as arty, fine, I want a map big enough to maneuver on to avoid that arty. Not that I'm saying you are a red leg, but just so you know where I'm coming from. If you need a small map due to memory restrictions on your machine, I'm good with that, we just need to agree on a limit to arty.
i like 80x80 map's and don't worry about arty,even against the ai with battalion size battles i only buy 1 arty battery,a few morter's, and mabe a on map arty battery depending on how i feel and my machine can take big map's too, memory afaik is not a problem

to EJ: sure i accept,i might mess up with the pm procedure's though,this is my first time against a human and pm sending sound's confusing and what date do you want it at?

edit: and what type of battle?

Last edited by Sniper23; September 12th, 2008 at 01:25 PM..
Old September 18th, 2008, 03:32 AM

Sergeant

Thumbs up Re: PBEM Campaign

Sniper 23,
The 1969 Sino-Soviet border conflict. I will attach player preferences which will have to be the same for both of us. Send me the set up and lets get this party started! My email: erome5578@yahoo. Make sure to title the email PBEM so I will know it's not junk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_03 Sep. 11 12.04.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	6893