World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Opponents Wanted
Notices

Old April 10th, 2009, 10:51 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default PBEM battle or campaign

I will try to be as detailed as I can to avoid any misunderstandings.

I am looking for an opponent (or more) for a single battle (at first), or for a campaign of 8 or so battles. THUS, for the campaign, you need to have the CD version of the game.

Game patched to version 4.5

32000 points
max size map
default map
you can pick any country you want no matter how small or big.
number of any particular unit type to be within reason/common sense...
on board artillery or off board too, artillery, depending on what you want.
BUT, for the on board artillery, the CM artillery should not be allowed to refill/reload/rearm. You can rearm it if you use it for other purposes too, but not to use its new CM again.

For campaign air sorties random, for single battles, 6 or 8 should enough, willing to hear more if you want something specific.

date of the battle is either today, ie April 2009 or near future (a couple of years)

Fast artillery OFF
Animation ON.
Mines OFF.
All other at defaults.

Visibility, for single battle games, either go with whatever the battle creates when I load the game or a set number that you want, I am fine either way, just let me know in advance.

for save gave slot, for version 4.5 I have only one game in progress, slot 008, so any other will do fine.

Oh yeah, no cheating.
Old April 14th, 2009, 05:45 PM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: PBEM battle or campaign

I'd be willing to play you a game per the following adjustments: 20000 points. Breakdowns OFF. Fast artillery off. All other prefs at default. NO off map artillery. NO ordinance resupply. NO cluster munitions. Visibility set at 35. Turns set at 35. Air sorties limited to 4. I have cd version of game updated with latest patch. Slots 5 on up open.
Old April 14th, 2009, 07:23 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Default Re: PBEM battle or campaign

Why breakdowns off? When you say ordinace resupply you mean for all units or just for specific unit types?
Old April 15th, 2009, 01:55 AM

Sergeant

I play breakdowns off because in all actuality as read in the game manual it's just a vehicle sticking button. I mean it's quite ANNOYING to have a vehicle immobilized before it even gets into battle. I know breakdowns happen in real life BUT they also have maintenance units that retrieve them in real life. One without the other just does NOT make sense to me. NO RESUPPLY at all. This makes you use your ammo WISELY.
Old April 15th, 2009, 10:12 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
I play breakdowns off because in all actuality as read in the game manual it's just a vehicle sticking button. I mean it's quite ANNOYING to have a vehicle immobilized before it even gets into battle. I know breakdowns happen in real life BUT they also have maintenance units that retrieve them in real life. One without the other just does NOT make sense to me. NO RESUPPLY at all. This makes you use your ammo WISELY.
You can play with that preference on or off it matters not to me at all but I also know there are a small percentage of players who think recovery and repair should be allowed in the game but a typical battle is around 30 turns and 30 turns is about 90 minutes and you don't winch an immobilzed tank out to the mud, on the front line, or pull it out of the foundation of a house it just crashed through, and put it back into action in 90 minutes.( in real life .........)

Don

Last edited by DRG; April 15th, 2009 at 10:21 AM..
Old April 15th, 2009, 11:25 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Turning breakdowns off would actually have quit a large impact on the game as charge through any terrain so can ignore roads in city maps. Very handy for unloading passengers just drive your APC near flat out onto rough & unload in good cover with no risk. Streams mud & the like just slow going.
Old April 15th, 2009, 12:53 PM

Sergeant

Don,
I respect your expertise when it comes to winmbt and winspww2. I was just answering a question from a fellow gamer about why I DON'T PLAY WITH that particular preference on. I did NOT ask why recovery and repair are not in the game. It would be nice if you did input it in the game. Say you did; the recovery or repair could be simulated by making a maintenance unit sit by it. Then after 3-4 turns the unit is back mobile again. Now if it is taking fire the repair or recover would take twice the time etc. Just a humble opinion from a casual gamer....

Last edited by EJ; April 15th, 2009 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Correct misspelling
Old April 15th, 2009, 12:57 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
I'd be willing to play you a game per the following adjustments: 20000 points. Breakdowns OFF. Fast artillery off. All other prefs at default. NO off map artillery. NO ordinance resupply. NO cluster munitions. Visibility set at 35. Turns set at 35. Air sorties limited to 4. I have cd version of game updated with latest patch. Slots 5 on up open.
While I would consider the 20K points (down from my 32K), fast artillery off (as I want it anyway), and perhaps for one game I would accept no resupply of any units and no cluster ammo of any time, even the more limited air sorties, I am not willing to accept the breakdowns OFF. This is similar to how vehicles get stuck, among other things, in rivers/streams and bad terrain.. I tried it once (about 2 years ago) in a PBEM game and the oppenent was running through all kind of terrain including water in a way too unrealistic way to be acceptable to me.
Thank you for your offer, but no.

The original offers are still in effect for anyone who wants to play with me.
Old April 15th, 2009, 01:05 PM

Sergeant

Thumbs up Re: PBEM battle or campaign

While I would consider the 20K points (down from my 32K), fast artillery off (as I want it anyway), and perhaps for one game I would accept no resupply of any units and no cluster ammo of any time, even the more limited air sorties, I am not willing to accept the breakdowns OFF. This is similar to how vehicles get stuck, among other things, in rivers/streams and bad terrain.. I tried it once (about 2 years ago) in a PBEM game and the oppenent was running through all kind of terrain including water in a way too unrealistic way to be acceptable to me.

The original offers are still in effect for anyone who wants to play with me.[/quote]

OKAY, I'll give it a go with breakdowns ON. You compromised then so can I....
Old April 15th, 2009, 01:42 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:

The original offers are still in effect for anyone who wants to play with me.
OKAY, I'll give it a go with breakdowns ON. You compromised then so can I....[/quote]

OK, let's play this. Tell me what country you want and slot and I will set up the game.

For everyone else, I am still looking for more opponents.