.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:14 AM

Captain

Amos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug thread

Quote:
The battle spell "Heal" (which isn't supposed to heal afflictions, but give 30+ hp back to target) or something else?
Healing ability (like Arcoscephale priestess).
Old November 2nd, 2006, 09:38 AM

Sergeant

Tichy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Endoperez said:
Nearly all Flagellants from event come with afflictions.

34/39 units, 40+/50 units, etc.
Is this a bug? They are walking around whipping themselves. But the one's that are missing eyes...they might want to tone down the devotion a little, no?
Old November 2nd, 2006, 09:43 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Tichy said:
Is this a bug? They are walking around whipping themselves. But the one's that are missing eyes...they might want to tone down the devotion a little, no?
They are supposed to have some afflictions, but AFAIK, the majority should be relatively healthy (at least as long as they don't get into any battles, what with them being unarmoured...).

However, the recruited ones have just as many afflictions. I quess that's how things are and not a bug with the event.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 10:33 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

Flaming arrows. About half my army fire flaming arrows in the battle, while the other half fire regular arrows. When I check the unit description, they all show flaming arrows. It is my cheap monkey archers (Khalsi) who do not show the graphic. As they rarely hit, I have not been able to tell if their arrows are actually having the benifit of the flaming arrow.

Also, I never seem to win, but that may not be a bug with the game!
Old November 2nd, 2006, 10:41 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Saxon said:
Flaming arrows. About half my army fire flaming arrows in the battle, while the other half fire regular arrows. When I check the unit description, they all show flaming arrows. It is my cheap monkey archers (Khalsi) who do not show the graphic. As they rarely hit, I have not been able to tell if their arrows are actually having the benifit of the flaming arrow.

Also, I never seem to win, but that may not be a bug with the game!
I quess it's because the Markata have Small Bows, not Short or Long bows. As such, I'd quess the actual bug is that

Small Bows are not affected by Flaming Arrows.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 10:44 AM

Major General

Arralen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Saxon said:
Flaming arrows. About half my army fire flaming arrows in the battle, while the other half fire regular arrows. When I check the unit description, they all show flaming arrows. It is my cheap monkey archers (Khalsi) who do not show the graphic.

Are these by chance Markata Archers #1120 of Kailasa / Bandar Log ??

Those have "Small Bows" , which seem to lack a "Fire Small Bow" variant ... bug, most likely.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 09:09 PM

Corporal

Blofeld is on a distinguished road

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] siege calculations seem to be bugged

My fort was unsuccessfully stormed, then I've been besieged in a fortified city for like twenty turns. Occasionaly the enemy sends in reinforcements, then "defence left" drops to ca. 160, then during the following turns, although I get the message "our walls are damaged" the "defence left" goes up until I got the message "they can't breach our walls". I've only got 20 soldiers + 70 mindless, no flyers nor defence bonus troops in the fort while the enemy has 120-200 besieging troops and plenty of commanders to lead them.
Either calculations are bugged or the enemy does something strange with besieging troops instead of sieging (no signs of pillaging here).
Savegame attached, if anybody feels like looking into the situation (the siege in Vanheim)
Attached Files
File Type: rar 466312-aran_old.rar (169.1 KB, 119 views)
Old November 3rd, 2006, 02:35 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

I am sure they are the short bow weilding, 5gp one resource cost units, but can not check the name here in the office.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 03:18 AM

Major General

Arralen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Saxon said:
Quote:
Arralen said:
Quote:
Saxon said:
Flaming arrows. About half my army fire flaming arrows in the battle, while the other half fire regular arrows. When I check the unit description, they all show flaming arrows. It is my cheap monkey archers (Khalsi) who do not show the graphic.
Are these by chance Markata Archers #1120 of Kailasa / Bandar Log ??

Those have "Small Bows" , which seem to lack a "Fire Small Bow" variant ... bug, most likely.

I am sure they are the short bow weilding, 5gp one resource cost units, but can not check the name here in the office.
Those are the Markata Archers, and those have Small Bows, not Short Bows - of which no "Fire Small Bow" variant seem to exists ... .

Old November 3rd, 2006, 05:02 AM

Private

cthulhu is on a distinguished road

my bug list (been saving them up for bit):

dwarven smith appears twice in early age Vanheim

typo in aboleth description "ot"

in one case a randomly generated map had my home province NOT CONNECTED TO ANY OTHER PROVINCES. provinces not connected to any other are common in randomly generated maps

menu still appears in wrong place when opened by pressing space while a commander is selected. appears partially off the right edge of the screen if the mouse is in the middle of the screen.

alt-key still sticks frequently.

window sometimes seems to... get lost... when un-fullscreening dom3

when in army setup screen, pressing tab can result in view being off the bottom of the list

upper right hand corner "face" of GUI boxes sometimes doesn't appear when near the right edge of screen

can scroll down using the plus key past the end (but only by one) of the units

sound screws up if I leave the program minimized for too long

battle sounds play during the betweeen-turns-calculations

strands of arcane power "...X enemy mages with the help of HIS..." on a female caster

bandar log middle era description is missing the "Race: blah...Magic: blah...Priests:..."

(monthly) casting still doesn't work for some spells (Curse Of The Blood)

also, (monthly) castings next-turn-gem-check still doesn't factor in that turns gem income

hamas dryads still have flavor text that says they can't leave their home provinces... and still are perfectly capable of leaving their home province

unit stacks get split in strange ways (ie click on a unit, press 'a' for all of them, select a commander to stick them on, and half a dozen slots may appear on the commander with a random assortment of units in each)

battle symbols (crossed swords) appear in the first turn on newly created random map, as if a battle had taken place there before the game started. these include provinces that I can't see.

sometimes interface doesn't seem to work... switching provinces and switching back fixes it. could just be confusion on my part?

vampire lords can't use water breathing items, but national troops can? I guess this is probably intentional, one of the many, many ways that vampire lords have been nerfed

vaetti hags start old age at 50. vaette cheiftains start it at 100. vaette at 50.

independants have temples. happened in dom2 also, but seems much more common now

vaetti hags don't require a lab to build

you can search in territories you are besieging, but cannot see the sites found in such a manner

if one of your forts was besieged, and you attack the besieging force and win, it may tell you that your province was conquered