BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old June 30th, 2003, 03:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: STM "Final v1.7.5" Discussion

An Update:

1. I have finished all of the Captain Components.
2. I added a second level to all Captain Componets.
3. I have finsihed with the Federation Components.
4. I have finished with the Federation Weapons.

The weapons and components making is going slow. It took me all night to do the 4 things above.

I have play tested the mod and no errors thus far.

I will need to redo all of the Research.txt's for each race in order to get the AI's to research and use the new weapons and components. That will take a lot of time.

I have also decided to keep all of the orignal ship images with each race just in case the game wants them.

I have used Kwoks models for Armor and Shields. Thank you for the email Kwok, it was very helpful.

I have also finished with the propulsion model. I used a combination of Kwoks original concept and that from Proportion and the AST Mod. Thank you G.W. for the help as well.

Thus far I have only recieved three emails from people interested in helping beta test the mod. When it is ready, about the middle of the month, I will need people to play it and offer suggestions for the final Version. Also to bug test it and offer critisims about things that do not work.

Regarding the Captain Components:
I used the race portrait images that Kwok has made for the four races that Kwok has made them for. The remainder races have a generic image. If Kwok can make more race images, then fantastic, they will always have a home or two.

I will continue to work on the Components and Weapons for the remaining 9 races. Then onto the Facilities. Finally before the mod beta the Research files.

I read somewhere where Kwok had listed a component named the Inertial Dampeners (Sp), can any one provide info on this? In Captain if you read this could you list as many custome and shared components that you can recall. I already have the lists for the races from your web site, but nothing to do with the above mentioned component.

[ June 30, 2003, 14:44: Message edited by: Atrocities ]
Old June 30th, 2003, 04:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Kwok, I am having a bit of a problem understanding what it is you want the Federation Component Troops to be. The same for the 8472 Troops.

What I did for the Federation Troop, was use the Troop Cockpit and give it an armor value. The same for the one troop 8472 component.

I might ditch these two components in favor of something more interesting. For 8472 I was thinking of using the Acid Globule both small and large. (Damages Shields and armor)

For the Federation Tri-Cobolt Torpedo. (double damage to shields.)

What do you think?
Old June 30th, 2003, 08:57 PM

National Security Advisor

Captain Kwok is on a distinguished road

Atrocities:

The component was the Structural Integrity Field. It's basically a 0kT comp with 10-50kT structure that has the armor ability. In Trek, it helps to reinforce the hull. In the mod, it's sort of helpful since it gives a ship a bit of a break on the first strike through the shields.

The 'Troops' were intended as 1kT components for troop units only. They had a small weapon ability of a few hitpoints. For example, you could make a little transport that carried 5-6 troops that would be equivalent to a tank troop or something like that. You could call the Fed troops 'Marines' etc...
Old June 30th, 2003, 10:54 PM

Private

Scipio is on a distinguished road

Did I mention I like the race pics from Kwok very very much? WONDERFUL!
Just 5 seconds of time for each of these.
</i]
Old July 1st, 2003, 03:16 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanks Kwok, that helps a lot. Now only if you could make more race pictures or tell me if you have any posted here that I can use. Dominion, Ferengi, Breen, Tholian, Borg, or 8472.
Old July 1st, 2003, 04:09 AM

There is a Dominion race image on the website, and I did have the Borg queen, but that was lost. I'm still waiting for my computer (should have come today but it wasn't delivered for some strange reason) so I won't be up to my normal activities to at least Wednesday night.
Old July 1st, 2003, 04:22 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

When you get it would like me to email what I have done over to you?
Old July 1st, 2003, 07:29 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

UPDATE:

I have finished the 8472 and Borg Race Weapons and components.

I have added a few components to the Borg to give them a an equal weapons footing compared to the other races. (Each race will have a basic primary weapon)

I remade the 8472, Federation, and Borg troop into a Troop Component. I also added a second and third level to them all.

I have play tested the mod and it seems to be working just fine thus far. No errors.
Old July 1st, 2003, 02:26 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

UPDATE:

I have completed the components for the Breen, Cardassians, and Dominion. Any one who thinks this process is easy should stay up all night and join me.

It is very slow process and I have a lot of respect for any one who undertakes a mod. Kwok did fantastic leg work on this mod and it shows. Without his web site and work I could not have gotten this far this fast. Thank you Captain Spoogy.

When the mod is ready for beta testing I will send the beta to those who have emailed me with interest in being a beta tester. atrocities@astmod.com

The fine tunning of the mod will happen during the beta. If we are lucky perhaps Captain Kwok will take an interest in it and go through what I have doen and tweak it. I have endevored to keep the components and weapons in line with what he has posted, but there are many items that have little or no info that I have had to wing it on.

One area that I am really interested in having feed back on is Research costs per item.

I have had to go back and make several fixes on items. I have learned that Regular items and Mini Version of the same item need differant numbers or you end up with odd happenings. I hope I have gotten them all, but only a true beta test will tell.

We are one step closer to having a Star Trek Mod.
Old July 2nd, 2003, 12:48 AM

If there are weapons or components that you were not sure of from the website, just send me an e-mail and I'll get back to you on what I intended their function to be.

Looks like you are making speedy progress - keep it up!