winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Closed Thread

Old June 8th, 2019, 07:35 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: How to prevent a unit from assaulting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris h View Post
........I can see why DRG is more than reluctant to take it on
I am "reluctant" because *I* don't see the need because no matter how you re-organize it SOMEONE will still think it should be organized differently. There is no book or manual on the planet that someone doesn't think could have been done a better way.

Think about what you need to know and use Ctrl+F and do a search. That is EXACTLY how we get those quotes from the manual that we post here when someone complains they can't find the info they are looking for. Do you honestly think we've committed every detail to memory?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; June 8th, 2019 at 08:02 AM..
Old June 8th, 2019, 10:56 AM

Corporal

Anton is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to prevent a unit from assaulting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zovs66 View Post
The numbers such as 6 out 10 times is I can immobilize or kill a tank with infantry assault. They are deadly if used properly.
Beg your pardon for missing this remark, but what experience of the infantry, what speed, full MPs or not, did the tanks run into you or you came to the tanks?

In my recent game all assaults from exp 70 infantry failed. Most of the time, it had moved one hex of had been stationary before assaulting. I think you need more experience for assaulting.
Old June 9th, 2019, 02:08 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Assaults do fail regularly especially early war when tank panic is also more common.
It’s a last ditch attempt if they have not got an AT weapon capable of destroying the target.
Better AT weapon probably helps if all you have is a grenade good luck.
Lots of factors difference between experience probably a factor suppressing the target definitely is.
If your going to assault should do it multiple times or in combination with other arms with the hopes of at least getting retreat status and killing next turn or the crew bailing out.
Old June 10th, 2019, 05:04 PM

Corporal

Anton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Lot's of people have figured out how to find what they need and the format we have used is not going to change and if you think you can organize a player mod that can make it better then be my guest and when it's done you can post it to the Mods forum for all to admire..or criticize as the case may be.
What does improving the manual has to do with game modding? Do you suggest that I publish a modified manual as a game mod?
Old June 10th, 2019, 06:53 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

If you feel you can produce a better game guide with multiple player input then do so and post it in the Mods section which is where any player modification of the game is posted and that would include game guides

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old June 12th, 2019, 05:41 AM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road

My consent to the posting from Don should not be against you Anton.

So that I do not make too many mistakes as a freshman, I have now and then collected various postings. There are things in there like for example: "It is hexes moved, turns, dismounting or firing that attract opportunity fires." These are just snapshots of the screen that should help me. That's what they look like:

Name:  dffdf.JPG
Views: 834
Size:  95.8 KB

Attached are all the ones I have made.

Now let's not ask an old man with heart defect to do all the work ... Anyway Anton, I hope there is something useful in it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tips.zip (4.80 MB, 370 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anlubue For This Useful Post:
Old June 12th, 2019, 10:15 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: How to prevent a unit from assaulting?

This thread has strayed far beyond the original thread topic. We told everyone on both forums when the patches were released that after 21 years doing this we were going to take a break from it and hopefully recharge a bit but for some mysterious reason that seems to have only encouraged players to find ways to make more work for us and I just got a PM with another suggestion for even more work so the concept that we are "taking a break" seems to be lost on some players

I have already said I think the GG is as complete as it's going to get and others have said much the same. I have also said no written work will ever be judged perfect as everyone has different ways of processing and finding information not to mention that for many players of this game English is not their day to day language

I have suggested if anyone wants to try a re-write of the game guide they are free so do so and post it as a mod and who knows if it is universally acclaimed as an instructional manual work of art we may even use it as the official document....maybe but given *I* have already done most of the work anyway and the suggestions revolved around re-ordering the info that is there I am going to close this thread and anyone interested in a "SP Manual Re-write" project can start up a new thread on the mods forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread