.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old June 20th, 2010, 12:52 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SCENARIOS!

Rezipped the files, these should be the correct ones...
Attached Files
File Type: zip scen246_rezip.zip (62.7 KB, 434 views)
Old July 28th, 2010, 09:05 AM

Captain

November 14, 1989,
San Salvador...

The 'Tet Offensive of Central America' is a few days old.

Government forces are counterattacking; Panhard armoured cars and infantry andvance into the Zacamil district where the fighting is particulary severe...

...helicopter gunships are in support, but no artillery...
Attached Files
File Type: zip scen247_san_salvador.zip (106.0 KB, 468 views)
Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road

All right, my first scenario is ready:

Situation:
Quote:
East Walkers*
Date: May, 1989*
Battle Location: Wodzislaw, Silesia, Poland*
Battle Type: Polish delay vs. USA advance*
Game Length: 40 turns
Difficulty: Hard
DESCRIPTION: WWIII has begun in Europe.
Following NATO counter-attack, US Army launches swift blitzkrieg style assault in order to cut Czechoslovakia and enter Silesia, polish most important industrial area.
To do this, NATO must break through so called Moravian Gate, a depression between Sudetes and Carpathian Mountains through city of Wodzislaw with 50000 inhabitants at the time.
City is defended by remnants of 25th Mechanized Division from Opole (Opplen), which suffered heavy combat losses. Also, polish forces lack of strength as their main fighting vehicle is SCOT, incomparable with Bradleys. American forces approaching Wodzislaw consist of mechanized brigade, with overwhelming artillery and air support.
Your task is to defend Wodzislaw at all costs. Reinforcements from Gliwice (reserve tank battalion) and Krakow (mechanized battalion) are on their way. Deployment of these units will start at turn 12.
NOTES: If playing against the AI, player should take Poland side.*
Source: Hypothetical Scenario
Design by Marcin "SaS TrooP" Kaluza. Mission takes place in my city**

Wodzisław is optically enlarged to provide more space. In reality, there are much more buildings and streets, but city shape is somehow... a bow, which is filled with rather rural area.
25th mechanized division regiment was accurately reconstituted in exception of command company, communications company etc. Generally, battle element is realistic, with some real names as col. Kuriata. Unrealistic are Gliwice reserve tank battalion tanks, as it consisted mainly from T-55Us. The were changed to T-55 Meridas, as scenario is hard enough that way :P
I hope you enjoy it, even if its long and demanding. Rather for hardcore simulation fans.

Scenario is now on slot 260, naturally can be changed freely.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Scenarios.7z (111.1 KB, 433 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old January 21st, 2011, 01:27 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
Good scenario, good map! Especially if this is your first...!

Played it through, but made it into a two scenario campaign and swapped Player 1 Nation to Sweden and set build points to the same as the value of the original Polish force.

This will upset the intended balance of the scenario but it is fun to play because it is somewhat more unpredictable than the generated games (and it allows for some playtesting of a user OOB I'm trying to develop for Sweden).

My force was made up of:

Elements of Infantry Brigade type 77:

Brigade-Infantry battalion type 77 (4 companies, motorised)
Brigade AT Company (motorised)
Brigade ATGM Company (TOW, motorised)
Brigade Engineer Company
Brigade Tracked AT Company (IKV91 tank destroyers)

Elements of Armored Brigade type 66:

Armoured-battalion type 66 (2 tank companies, 2 mechinf companies, 1 arty bty).
Pioneer Company (motorised)
AT Company (TOW, mech)
Armoured Recce Company
AA Platoon (RBS70, mech)

Support Elements:

AA Platoon (40mm Bofors, motorised)
AA Company (RBS70)
AA Platoon (RBS90)
Artillery Battalion (155mm off map)
Strike Element x2 (AJ37 with Maverick)

I deployed the infantry battalion in company positions along frontline reinforced with the AT companies and Bde Engineer company. The bulk of the Armoured companies and the Recce company was kept back for counterattacks.

The American air and artillery preparation caused heavy losses, especially nasty was a series of A-10 strikes that wiped out a full infantry company on a truckborne road march. The American hammerblow in the south fell upon one engineer company and a second infantry company, both were virtually destroyed in the fighting although it was possible to stall the American attack. I used the Armoured Recce Company as a reserve fighting formation although this is a big no-no as the Recce is rather weak - but I had nothing else to use to plug the hole in the south.

Elsewhere the fighting was somewhat less dramatic but I took major losses especially my own tanks and APCs were easy meat for the US weapon systems with TI. Of course given that a human player will always have the advantage over the AI and the fact that I could deploy my full force from the get go tilted the scenario in my favour but it was still a hard fought scenario, and great fun. Took me until turn 34 to finish the whole thing.
Big and gritty, my kind of game...!
Old January 27th, 2011, 09:34 PM

Sergeant

Oche is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Situation:
Quote:
East Walkers*
Date: May, 1989*
Battle Location: Wodzislaw, Silesia, Poland*
Battle Type: Polish delay vs. USA advance*
Game Length: 40 turns
Difficulty: Hard
DESCRIPTION: WWIII has begun in Europe.
Following NATO counter-attack, US Army launches swift blitzkrieg style assault in order to cut Czechoslovakia and enter Silesia, polish most important industrial area.
To do this, NATO must break through so called Moravian Gate, a depression between Sudetes and Carpathian Mountains through city of Wodzislaw with 50000 inhabitants at the time.
City is defended by remnants of 25th Mechanized Division from Opole (Opplen), which suffered heavy combat losses. Also, polish forces lack of strength as their main fighting vehicle is SCOT, incomparable with Bradleys. American forces approaching Wodzislaw consist of mechanized brigade, with overwhelming artillery and air support.
Your task is to defend Wodzislaw at all costs. Reinforcements from Gliwice (reserve tank battalion) and Krakow (mechanized battalion) are on their way. Deployment of these units will start at turn 12.
NOTES: If playing against the AI, player should take Poland side.*
Source: Hypothetical Scenario
Design by Marcin "SaS TrooP" Kaluza. Mission takes place in my city**

Wodzisław is optically enlarged to provide more space. In reality, there are much more buildings and streets, but city shape is somehow... a bow, which is filled with rather rural area.
25th mechanized division regiment was accurately reconstituted in exception of command company, communications company etc. Generally, battle element is realistic, with some real names as col. Kuriata. Unrealistic are Gliwice reserve tank battalion tanks, as it consisted mainly from T-55Us. The were changed to T-55 Meridas, as scenario is hard enough that way :P
I hope you enjoy it, even if its long and demanding. Rather for hardcore simulation fans.

Scenario is now on slot 260, naturally can be changed freely.
Great scenario!, i really enjoyed it, quite a challenge to stop the US advance, took me 40 turns, ended with a marginal victory. Thanks for uploading.
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:20 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:

If you like I can include this with the next patch

Don

Last edited by DRG; January 28th, 2011 at 01:35 PM..
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road

I would be honoured if that happened!
At least if there is really nothing to fix etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:03 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

This scenario is posted stand-alone for user testing.

It is intended to be the second one in a user campaign that I am developing on the back burner, but it may have stand-alone potential.

Feedback is wanted on the Tanzanian perspective (too easy or too hard, etc) since the campaign will be from that POV.

It may well be too much of a Ugandan walk-over if played Human v Human, but any feedback from testers doing so would be welcome as well.

It is currently in slot 250, but that can easily be changed in the usual way.

Quote:
"Amin Attacks!"*
Date: 30 October, 1978*
Battle Location: Kyaka, Northern Tanzania*
Battle Type: Ugandan advance vs Tanzanian delay.*
Description: Internal dissent in Uganda had led to some more of Amin's troops deserting across the border to Tanzania, with some of the elite Simba forces now joining with the existing Uganda National Liberation Army (UNLA). Skirmishing between Ugandans and the Tanzanians and Ugandan rebels had severely escalated along the Tanzania/Uganda border*
Finally President Idi 'Big Dada' Amin declared war on Tanzania, claiming that Kagera province was rightfully Ugandan territory and Ugandan forces invaded aiming to annexe the region. In response, President Nyerere of Tanzania mobilised the Tanzania People's Defence Force, expanding his total armed forces from 40,000 to 100,000.*
* Situation:*
Ugandan forces have swept into Kyaka Town, and are in the process of massacring the civilian population there as well as general looting.*
Tanzanian People's Militia forces, aided by some Ugandan rebel allies from the Simba Regiment and the UNLA are resisting the enemy thrust, but the Ugandan forces have armour and these forces are light in anti-tank weaponry.*
* You are in charge of a regular army task force sent to relieve the defence of Kagera, and then counter-attack and throw the invaders out. Your task force begins off-map and will arrive over time. You have some Scorpion light tanks, and also a 'simba-simba' (Grad) MRL recently captured from Uganda during the border skirmishing. Ammunition resupply is also very limited.*
You must try your best to rescue or shepherd to the rear any civilians fleeing from the town. [These are quite expensive in points, and the Ugandans will happily mow them down - Designer note].*
* Do not rely on the Ugandan rebel troops since thier morale may be somewhat fragile, though the Simba troops may be the better ones should you have to use them. They are in any case deployed on the flanks rather than to hold the centre.**
Notes: If played against the AI the human player should take the Tanzanian side. (Designed for Tanzanian as human player).* The scenario may also be played Human v Human.*
Sources:*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda%...3Tanzania_War*
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...214-1,00.html*
http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_187.shtml*
Design by: Andy Gailey.*
Cheers
Andy
Attached Files
File Type: zip AminAttacksScenario250.zip (90.0 KB, 350 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:04 PM

Sergeant

Oche is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
This scenario is posted stand-alone for user testing.

It is intended to be the second one in a user campaign that I am developing on the back burner, but it may have stand-alone potential.

Feedback is wanted on the Tanzanian perspective (too easy or too hard, etc) since the campaign will be from that POV.

It may well be too much of a Ugandan walk-over if played Human v Human, but any feedback from testers doing so would be welcome as well.

It is currently in slot 250, but that can easily be changed in the usual way.

Quote:
"Amin Attacks!"*
Date: 30 October, 1978*
Battle Location: Kyaka, Northern Tanzania*
Battle Type: Ugandan advance vs Tanzanian delay.*
Description: Internal dissent in Uganda had led to some more of Amin's troops deserting across the border to Tanzania, with some of the elite Simba forces now joining with the existing Uganda National Liberation Army (UNLA). Skirmishing between Ugandans and the Tanzanians and Ugandan rebels had severely escalated along the Tanzania/Uganda border*
Finally President Idi 'Big Dada' Amin declared war on Tanzania, claiming that Kagera province was rightfully Ugandan territory and Ugandan forces invaded aiming to annexe the region. In response, President Nyerere of Tanzania mobilised the Tanzania People's Defence Force, expanding his total armed forces from 40,000 to 100,000.*
* Situation:*
Ugandan forces have swept into Kyaka Town, and are in the process of massacring the civilian population there as well as general looting.*
Tanzanian People's Militia forces, aided by some Ugandan rebel allies from the Simba Regiment and the UNLA are resisting the enemy thrust, but the Ugandan forces have armour and these forces are light in anti-tank weaponry.*
* You are in charge of a regular army task force sent to relieve the defence of Kagera, and then counter-attack and throw the invaders out. Your task force begins off-map and will arrive over time. You have some Scorpion light tanks, and also a 'simba-simba' (Grad) MRL recently captured from Uganda during the border skirmishing. Ammunition resupply is also very limited.*
You must try your best to rescue or shepherd to the rear any civilians fleeing from the town. [These are quite expensive in points, and the Ugandans will happily mow them down - Designer note].*
* Do not rely on the Ugandan rebel troops since thier morale may be somewhat fragile, though the Simba troops may be the better ones should you have to use them. They are in any case deployed on the flanks rather than to hold the centre.**
Notes: If played against the AI the human player should take the Tanzanian side. (Designed for Tanzanian as human player).* The scenario may also be played Human v Human.*
Sources:*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda%...3Tanzania_War*
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...214-1,00.html*
http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_187.shtml*
Design by: Andy Gailey.*
Cheers
Andy
Great scenario, I ended with a decisive victory, took me 21 turns, lost about 300 men against about 800 men. I really enjoyed it since it's an infantry combat scenario (tankheads steer away from this one :-)). Enemy artillery is overwhelming and constant, bogged down my troops in the town area and disorganized my defenses on the town center and bridge area on the first turns. Unpredictable deployment of enemy reinforcements kept me on my toes as well. In the first turns, the UNLF company and militia units in the western sector have a hard time pushing forward or holding the line since they lack Squad support machineguns and rely on limited AT gun and mortar support unlike their closest aggressors on the opposite side of the river bank. The Simba company units on the eastern sector are the better equipped and have it much easier than their western sector friends. The reinforcement of a Scorpion tank Platoon really helps to withstand the pressure from the enemy supporting M4A1(76)s and scout cars. IMHO the scenario difficulty and balancing are good enough for experienced players. This kind of scenarios are the ones that keep me faithful to the series after all these years and flood my head with even more scenario design ideas. Thanks for uploading Andy!.
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:07 AM

Private

Patric is on a distinguished road
Default Operation Mikado V 1.0

Hi

Although I made some scenarios years ago, I've never uploaded one to this forum.
I'd like the community of this forum to play test this hypotetical scenario from the Malvinas / Falkland war and suggest tweaks or changes that could improve it.
It should be played from the British side. In order to play as the Argentinean, first I do have to tweak the timing and approach routes for the British to make it more challenging to the Argentine player.

Enjoy

Patricio
Attached Files
File Type: zip spscn265.zip (164.9 KB, 372 views)