winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old December 30th, 2015, 01:24 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

I just couldn't wait on this, I'll call it "Something Old, Something New( Again!)" ...
http://www.janes.com/article/56911/p...nks-in-service

Amazing!

Have a Happy New Year!!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old December 30th, 2015, 02:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

"operational trainers" but still nice to see they are still in use
Old December 30th, 2015, 08:23 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Good use for em.
Maybe the US Army should consider it. I know the US Navy used the "Yellow Peril" from 1935-1961 for basic flight training.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old January 5th, 2016, 03:26 AM

Lieutenant General

Well as I write this I'll be checking back and forth to the now separate folders I put together in FIREFOX to cover the various threads I started out here for the same reasons-trying to organized. Some of these I've been tracking for awhile like this very first status update. Just assume I'm tracking these, why would I put it anyway!?!

1) Poland: They have reached a final decision their LEO 2A4 tanks will now be upgraded to the LEOPARD PL.
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...-tanks-019466/
http://www.janes.com/article/56972/p...n-battle-tanks

2) U.S.: The new ABRAMS round is going into production among others. I've posted on this round for a couple of years on/off, tested to have an almost 100% kill rate at greater than 4500yds/or meters, can't remember which-sorry!
http://www.armyrecognition.com/ausa_2015_show_daily_news_coverage_report/ausa_2015_orbital_atk_awarded_$105_million_in_cont racts_for_medium_large_caliber_ammunition.html

3) Israel: The IDF will by the end of 2016 mark the end of era for the MERKAVA Mk II tanks after 33yrs. of operational/training service. As a side note as the article mentions it all MERKAVA Mk IV tanks have been equipped with the TROPHY system for about two years now, it also will will become it's training tank as well when the MERKAVA Mk II is retired.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/novem..._23011151.html

4) Turkey: Will be watching this closely not as it concerns the ALTAY but to see if they put this system on some of their older tanks as they did with the LEOPARD-1T-VOLKAN 171 tanks that were equipped with the 3rd GEN FCS intended for the ALTAY. Aselan would further improve on that FCS to a 4th Gen (Have to be careful w/ these Gen numbers, for instance in the U.S. ABRAMS is considered to have an improved 3rd Gen system. Or as I like to think of it-a headache trying to keep up with it!?!) level planned for the LEOPARD-2T and ALTAY. VOLKAN if you haven't gathered, is the name given to the FCS.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/decem..._20212151.html

Well can't give you all of it, what fun would there be in that?

Back to work later today, hope you all have a great week!!

Regards,
Pat

Concerning ref 2) above have verified, cut & pasted it several times but it keeps putting a "space" in the word "contract" very strange. Other than that you can copy to do a search for the story or go to the site in the news section by month to get it there. Sorry for any inconvenience!

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 5th, 2016 at 03:42 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 5th, 2016, 09:15 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Link 2 is broken
Old January 8th, 2016, 02:40 AM

Lieutenant General

Couldn't find the article concerning the new Abrams ammo but I did find this.

http://www.armyrecognition.com/decem...116121510.html

General Dynamics is working closely with the Army to improve the survivability, maintainability, fuel efficiency, power generation and network capability of its fleet of Abrams Main Battle Tanks.

“Projected for full rate production within the next two years, the Abrams M1A2 SEPv3 will provide the Army with the tank they need to dominate the battlefields of the future,” said Donald Kotchman, vice president of Tracked Combat Vehicles for General Dynamics Land Systems.

The M1A2 SEPv3 production process will begin with a pilot program of six tanks before moving into full-rate production.
Work will be performed by existing employees in Anniston, Ala.; Tallahassee, Fla.; Lima, Ohio; and Scranton, Pa.

The M1A2 Abrams SEP V3 (System Enhanced Package) is a modernized version of the M1A2 SEPV V2 main battle tank which has a number of upgrades in the areas of survivability, maintainability, full efficiency and network capability. In October 2015, the M1A2 SP V3 was presented for the first time at AUSA, defense exhibition in Washington D.C.

The M1A2 SEP V3 is equipped with a new improved entire IED capability electronic warfare build on the vehicle. This tank will be fitted with (IFLIR) Improved Forward-Looking Infrared to identify target. The IFLIR uses long- and mid-wave infrared technology in both the gunner’s primary sight and the commander’s independent thermal viewer.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:01 PM

Lieutenant General

Mystery solved!! Well by accident anyway. Don I don't know if you remembered the several posts I made about an Ethiopian tank deal for 200-250 modernized T-72 tanks about 3 years ago in this Thread. At the time I was vexed because I couldn't identify the exporter though if I remember correctly, Russia was named in some of the refs. We decided to take no action on the matter. Well the exporter was the Ukraine and the tank is the "new" T-72UA1. What brought this about is I've been tracking reports that the T-72 (And now their T-80 with improvements.) have already entered the field for the Ukraine as verified now. Also the below ref. that I hope will have some minor at least use, that also in 2013 the DRC would be receiving the T-64BV1 w/o ATGW capability as pointed out in the article below and for you readers please note from whom this ref is from. PLEASE DON'T TAKE ANY ACTION ON THESE YET-THERE ARE ISSUES INVOLVED.

Which means-yes-it's time for "ONE WORLD-ONE OOB"!!

What are the issues?
1. The Ukrainian T-72UAI (A new tank variant.) does carry one the Ukraine's newer (Modified.) ATGW and FCS for the 9M119 SVIR which is a laser guided with a range 100m-4000m. I need to verify dates and whether Ethiopia also received the ATGW capability. Data sheet provided below as this tank received significant protection improvements as well. The Ukraine did upgrade the warheads electronics for accuracy and a "better all weather" capability.

2. Ukrainian T-80 received life cycle improvements in the performance area as well in protection, however, seeing some evidence of possible as yet unidentified weapons improvements. Whether that means an upgraded MG or FCS or both or none is unclear at this time. And I'd to get a better handle on the dates here as well.

3. The DRC T-64BV-1, I would feel better about verifying it's ATGW capabilities as well and settle on a good date.

4. Verify the status of the Ukrainian T-64BV & T-64BM BULAT are carrying ATGW's.

5. Seeing much to indicate the T-64BM BULAT in combat capability and protection it is equal to the Russian T-90 in those regards electronically to include FCS, TI/GSR, Laser warning systems and APS. Need to look into this more.

The only step I see that can be addressed now is #4.

https://issuu.com/ukrainian_defense_...udr-02-2014/19
http://www.armyrecognition.com/ukrai...aine_army.html
http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/Ukrainian-Tanks.php
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product3666.htm
l

I can use a break, so good night!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 14th, 2016 at 11:11 PM..
Old March 20th, 2016, 11:57 PM

Lieutenant General

Is it getting "colder" around here or, is it just me?
http://www.defence24.com/328660,pole...tank-challenge

Regards,
Pat

Old March 21st, 2016, 03:01 AM

Lieutenant General

While I haven't actually looked, and I'm sure they have more, my first thoughts were ... "Do Denmark and Sweden even have a platoon of MBTs?"

Old March 21st, 2016, 04:08 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Looks like UK military couldn't even afford to send anyone

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod