BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Press Releases > Dominions 3

Old September 29th, 2006, 06:15 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road
Default Dominions 3 Now Shipping!

News Release For Immediate Release

Dominions 3 Declares War On Productivity!
Highly Anticipated Multi-OS Fantasy Strategy Title Now Shipping!

Hampstead, NC, 29 September 2006

It's time. Call in sick to work or school. Tell them you ate some bagged spinach and
you're violently ill. Claim amnesia and say you don't remember ever working at the
office or going to that school. Or just say you've come down with a sudden case of
agoraphobia and if you step outside you're sure the squirrels, which have been plotting
all summer to bring you ruin and destruction, will finally make their move. Whatever
plans you have, wherever they may be, cancel them. For it is finally here. The game
you've been waiting for, the game that will cause you to climb the tallest mountain and
shout for joy.

Dominions 3: The Awakening has shipped!

It's news so grand that it's worth repeating, in case your mind is still reeling with the
implication of that last sentence. Dominions 3-you know, that fantasy strategy sequel
to the smash hit Dominions II: The Ascension Wars for Windows, Mac, and Linux-is
now shipping.

Did you pre-order? We hope you weren't waiting to pick it up at the store. You won't
find it there. Dominions 3: The Awakening isn't meant to be sold by some slack-jaw
yokel in a blue polo shirt, no it's a game of inner grace and rapture that is meant to be
carefully cradled in a USPS box, handled lovingly by the caring folks at Shrapnel Games
direct to you. At this very moment, indeed this very second, those caring folks are
sending out legions of Dominions 3 games to all of you waiting for the greatness to
arrive. Soon friends, soon. You'll receive the game and the nice, thick tome of a manual,
and fire up that first game on your PC, Mac, or Linux box. Bliss. Bliss on a CD. All
hail the Dom.

If you did not pre-order (Why?) then let's talk about what you're missing out on.
Dominions 3: The Awakening is the next installment in the best-kept secret of strategy
fantasy gaming on your computer. Turn-based in nature, the general theme is one easily
identifiable to gamers: conquer your opponents in a fantasy world spanning three Ages
and encompassing fifty playable nations. Where Dominions 3 veers away from the
conventional is in the sheer amount of gameplay.

Most games leave you wanting more. More units, more spells, more whatever. There's a
reason modding is so popular. With Dominions 3 you may still want to mod, but no one
is going to say they've been left with too little. Just within the basic, unmodded game,
you get over 1500 combat units, 600 spells, and 300 magic items. Basically imagine
taking a shelf of D&D books and cramming them into a computer game. Whatever your
play style, whatever your taste, you'll find it in Dominions 3.

Speaking of play styles Dominions 3 caters to both the single and multiplayer player
equally. If you enjoy playing against the AI you'll find plenty of maps to play on, with
the ability to easily import new ones or even create them randomly. If you enjoy mixing
it up against other players Dominions 3 supports a whopping twenty-one (live or AI)
players in a game! And because turns are handled simultaneously the game never drags.

Dominions 3: The Awakening is also the easiest game of the series to get into. The 299
page manual is highly informative, the interface has been revamped, and many of the
mechanics have been streamlined and/or made much more visible. You'll be jumping
into the game and spreading your dominion quicker than you can say, "Shib-Niggurath,
Dark Mother of a Thousand Young, We beseech You to destroy our enemies, for they are
as molten wax in your cauldron of hate!"

For more information on Dominions 3: The Awakening visit its gamepage at
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Illwinter/Dom3/1.htm. Once you finish salivating over
the sheer grandeur the game offers head on over to the official Shrapnel Games e-store,
the Gamers Front at www.gamersfront.com/xcart/home.php and place your order. After
all, when the Awakening comes, you don't want to be left behind, now do you?

Please visit www.shrapnelgames.com for our complete catalog of the best independent
strategy games available anywhere. From fantasy to military to sci-fi, Shrapnel Games
has something for everyone. Well, we don't have anything if you're a radioactive mutant
gopher, but we're working on it.
Old September 29th, 2006, 12:44 PM

Corporal

Rogue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 3 Now Shipping!

Very nice, congratulations guys and gals. I unfortunately have been slacking and didn't pre-order, but I'll have to head over to the store and order it this weekend.
Old September 30th, 2006, 03:42 PM

Corporal

Rogue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 3 Now Shipping!

Okay, done being lazy and ordered....

....but one question. Did you guys purge your user accounts fairly recently? Or more specifically those that haven't ordered anything for a while?

I couldn't log into the store and it didn't recognize my E-mail as a valid return to recover the password. I don't believe I would have lost many (if any) points, but I think I've pre-paid for the Airborne game that (cough cough) will be out soon'ish. I can go look through my old E-mails to find the receipt from a few years back to see if I did indeed pre-order.

Anyway, no biggie as the system allowed me to make a new account and order DOM3.

Now on to the bigger issue, free'ing up enough time to actually play DOM3....