Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions about soviet artillery and other in game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_469 View Post
And about M1A2 - armore side is 30 mm armore list after skirt and all.
Yes, except for the little detail that the side skirts on the Abrams are actually the main armor, being about 60mm thick according to most estimates, and made of composite armor in the most critical areas, as it can be clearly observed in the following picture (note the multiple layers in the damaged armor).

On the other hand T-72 side skirts are only rubber with just enough steel for stiffening and maybe the odd ERA brick if/when/where present.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 06:09 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry, my english not good and I not understand about Georgia and T-62.
You had suggested that there was a bias based on nationality. I was saying that if the nationalities were different, but the evidence was the same, I would still not believe the scenario to be true.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:54 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Look at the top of the To&e section. Do you see the thread titled "Error reporting procedure " ?? Read it please because any further reports from you that do not follow that procedure will simply be ignored. Do you see an " MT-12R" gun in the OOB's ?? No you do not because it's written up as 100mm MT12R AT because of game naming restrictions . I have what amounts to 87 printed pages of "errors" real or imagined to deal with for the next patch. If you cannot be bothered telling me the actual unit name and number I don't see a point in my wasting my time guessing so any further reports done in the way you did this one will just be ignored .

If you are interested in how another Russian PROPERTY reported errors, even though his English is no better than yours take a look here http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=38643 then consider that this was just the weapons list , there was a units list as well that we spent a considerable amount of time reviewing and making corrections to the Russian OOB for the last release before assuming the game has the "western Bias" as you so clearly assume it does .

Also. I have as little ( NONE ) patience for the people complaining we haven't made everything produced in Russia some kind of wonder weapon as I do with the opposite types who want us to downgrade everything Russian to junk. We have always strived to be fair given ANY real info is classified by both sides

Point 2 Smoke is smoke in the game. The "smoke" you get with VIRSS is not smoke in a game sense. It's just a graphic to show the code is processing the info that there will be additional calculations to the to-hit code because a VIRSS event was recorded. You may have noticed VIRSS in game has no effect on any shots except the one that triggered it's release because it's not real "smoke" in game terms. There is no plans to tear apart the smoke code and risk spin off effects

Point 3 regarding the PRG-29 has already been dealt with my others. The stats in game for both it and the armour of the M1A2 will stay as is. As has been noted given the correct conditions an RPG-29 will penetrate an Abrams in the game just not every time you fire one

Point 4.. DO NOT use Wikipedia as a "source" the information found on wikipedia can sometimes be as questionable as those "documented" Abrams kills, GENERALLY any " future" weapons systems I ignore until it actually makes and appearance because over the past couple of years we've wasted a considerable amount of time pulling things out that were put in years ago that were "supposed " to be issued to the troops but ended up cancelled then we end up with a OOB that needs things taken out which just wastes our time. The M1A2 SEP Abrams with the 120mm M256 13 gun was added last patch as a what if for the people whining we had put in North Korea, Russia, China, etc future weapons systems and didn't the US. That was primarily because of things like the Chiorny Oriol were in the Russian OOB ( that is now gone and about as "real" as that T-95 tank on the wiki link ) what I should do it pull out the Abrams using that gun until someone proves it's been issued... NOT add more crap that I'll end up pulling out of the OOB in a couple of years

Point 5. There is no "2A45M" gun in the OOB by that name. When you provide the correct in game name and unit / weapon number as per the error reporting procedure I will look into it

Point 6 and 7 Have you seen ANY Heavy AA in the game ?? NO you haven't and it's not going in the Russian or any other OOB.

Point 8. FINALLY something worthwhile. When you can tell me it's out of service date in the Russian Army I will enter it

Point 9 . 75 were made and it was retired from service soon after series production was stopped in 1948. Why waste what few spots are left in that OOB on that ? If you want to play with it it's in spww2 unit slot 100

Point 10. There is NO information regarding a 305mm obr 1915 howitzer on the internet except your post and something in Czech that's been deleted

Point 11. 5 KM range ?? Really ?? http://warfare.ru/?catid=251&linkid=...-Warning-Radar says 4 km but that's for large objects and gives the following example

Detection range of man/car/helicopter/vessel, km 2 / 4 /4 / 4

any unit in the game with normal 40 vision could be said to be using one of those as 40 will pick up men moving at the eqivalant of 2 Km. As well, many of these radars are used for artillery spotting and are already represented in the game as well. As for MG and AGL use I will put that on the list to look into. It's one thing to say they CAN be used ... that doesn't mean they actually are ised by troops in the field. Prove to me they are issued in quantity to MG and AGL units and I will ensure they get into the OOB. Then we'll review if any other nation deserves 40 vision AGL's and HMG's

FINALLY......

The comment about a 12,7mm HMG taking out a Abrams is, to me, total fantasy, and the fact you repeated it as fact causes me to question any claim you may have to objectivity as this only proves you'll believe just about anything .

Don
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:51 PM

Corporal

Kartoffel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
FINALLY......

The comment about a 12,7mm HMG taking out a Abrams is, to me, total fantasy, and the fact you repeated it as fact causes me to question any claim you may have to objectivity as this only proves you'll believe just about anything .

Don
In Soviet Russia HMG crew kill tank!

Yakov Smirnoff:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakov_S...ssian_reversal

--------St. Thomas Aquinas

Last edited by Kartoffel; December 3rd, 2009 at 10:06 PM..
Old December 4th, 2009, 12:48 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

The only way I can think of a bullet destroying a M1A2 tank is if...it is piggy backing an AT rocket, or if the bullet manages to enter the main gun right at the moment it is firing and for some reason it creates an explosion that makes all the C4 that is on top of the tank go boom. (that was a joke)
Old December 4th, 2009, 08:16 AM

BANNED USER

Denis_469 is on a distinguished road

For DRG:

I not the pedant that the nobility all about that as is correct and with commas to do a writing of a post with game errors. Further, your prejudiced relation and that you not in a condition to read the laid out sources even through transfer Google shows that to you well-known the specified lacks of game, but you prefer not to correct them that spiteful Russian have not obtained the authentic data. In other words prefer to support the western myth about the western weapon as вундерваффе. Reading your posts I it saw many times. I at all do not read википедию because it is the American project on which there is no trustworthy information. And this time has by way of exception addressed only because there have merged the expected data of the tank. The person to which also has merged it is possible to trust. I do not know, how many they there will hold on, while their moderators not "will lead to a kind convenient for the West". About 2А45М I spoke nothing - it is not necessary for me such to attribute. Heavy зениток in game I did not see and only have offered them. Having learnt the answer that they are not present, I did not begin to add them in processed Russian ООБ. Which I will not spread here because to you it can become bad with heart if you see it. About destroyed from 12,7-mm of a machine gun of Abrams is anywhere in a network and under the laid out reference is not only its description, but also a photo. It is clear that it is unpleasant to you, but a life as a rule unpleasant. And many facts do not correspond to someone's expectations. Therefore esteem a source. It will be better. On 305-mm to howitzers - I assumed, what if I have forgotten to insert a link you can find it because this business of 10 seconds if be able to use Google and have a head. Here the reference: http://scucin-avia.narod.ru/dalnij/p...br-history.htm In the documentation on game it is specified that 40 is thermal, and the Fara is a radar. Therefore at least 50 hexes that mean 2,5 km in a reality.

In the form of a result - I have written about game errors simply to learn the relation of developers to a reality. At you it negative also admits only a case when the reality confirms quality of the western weapon. On it also I will finish.

And link (you himself can not find sich total): http://www.rusarmy.com/forum/topic513.html

As 1 Iraq Mi-24 destroy near 38 US vehicles and 1 US helicopter. But YOU need to be reserved to tablets for heart

Last edited by Denis_469; December 4th, 2009 at 08:37 AM..
Old December 4th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

The irony is that you do exactly what you accuse the developers of doing.

And in the game, a Mi-28 can destroy 38 US vehicles and 1 US helicopter, it depends on how YOU play. Have you ever played the game?
Old December 4th, 2009, 11:09 AM

BANNED USER

Denis_469 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
The irony is that you do exactly what you accuse the developers of doing.

And in the game, a Mi-28 can destroy 38 US vehicles and 1 US helicopter, it depends on how YOU play. Have you ever played the game?
Yes, I playing in game from time Steel Panthers in 1990 years... After it was Steel Panthers 2 and more.... Now I playing in WINSPMBT.
Old December 4th, 2009, 01:29 PM

Corporal

Kartoffel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As 1 Iraq Mi-24 destroy near 38 US vehicles and 1 US helicopter.

High five!

Quote:
About destroyed from 12,7-mm of a machine gun of Abrams is anywhere in a network and under the laid out reference is not only its description, but also a photo.
Great Success!

--------St. Thomas Aquinas

Last edited by Kartoffel; December 4th, 2009 at 01:50 PM..
Old December 4th, 2009, 03:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I not the pedant that the nobility all about that as is correct and with commas to do a writing of a post with game errors. Further, your prejudiced relation and that you not in a condition to read the laid out sources even through transfer Google shows that to you well-known the specified lacks of game, but you prefer not to correct them that spiteful Russian have not obtained the authentic data. In other words prefer to support the western myth about the western weapon as вундерваффе. Reading your posts I it saw many times. I at all do not read википедию because it is the American project on which there is no trustworthy information. And this time has by way of exception addressed only because there have merged the expected data of the tank. The person to which also has merged it is possible to trust. I do not know, how many they there will hold on, while their moderators not "will lead to a kind convenient for the West".
I guess you really have no idea that this mangled translation is virtually unreadable but from what I can understand you are suggesting that we, as game developers, should accept without question anything , no matter how outrageous or far fetched, if it is delivered by a Russian and all Russian sources are 100 % true and accurate. It would be impossible for any Russian website to stretch the truth or even simply be wrong and whatever story accompanies a photo of a destroyed western tank is Gods own truth.

Quote:

About 2А45М I spoke nothing - it is not necessary for me such to attribute.
You don't even remember what you posted at the start of the thread. Obviously you need a reminder so here it is

<<<<<
Quote:

5) soviet anti-tank gun 2A45M have less FC, then MT-12 what have FC is 15 (not version for radar FC). I think, that need rise FC Russian 125mm anti-tank gun for 15 (no less), so new Russian FC can not bad then soviet FC what was made early.
<<<<<<

I asked you what you were referring too and you don't bother to even try to co-operate but instead denied mentioning it. Continued behaviour like that will ensure your time on this forum will not last much longer. I can guess you are referring to the units in the game known as 125mm Sprut-B/m. The FC ratings were too low compared the older guns. That error was inadvertently overlooked during the last patch work and has now been investigated and corrected. I also asked you for information on the out of service date of the 37mm ZP obr 39 AA gun but get nothing useful to the game in return. This tells me you are more interested in getting attention and make speeches than providing useful information

Quote:

On 305-mm to howitzers - I assumed, what if I have forgotten to insert a link you can find it because this business of 10 seconds if be able to use Google and have a head
Normally a remark like that will get you banned but I'm going to let it go and blame the translator. The search I did last night ( "305mm" " howitzer" "obr 1915 " ) revealed exactly what I said it did. Taking out "obr" reveals a bit more info but last evening I was rushed for time. In any event we will not be adding super heavy arty like this to winSPMBT so forget the idea you expressed on the SP Russia forum that this would lead to other super heavy arty being added to the game. The line is drawn for artillery at 250 mm

Quote:
SP Russia

So? First, we'll do. Then others indignant and start searching for information on what it was for them and then be introduced in the game.

( Потом другие возмутятся и начнут искать данные по той, что была у них и потом её введут в игру.)

You even ask KraMax about the 203mm guns but they are all in the game

From this I know you are aware of Maxim Yegorov's ( KraMax ) and the info on corrections and errors he has contributed to the game and you should be aware, but don't seem to be, that a great many of the suggestions he passed on to us were implemented in the last patch so we hardly ignore any good information provide to us by your fellow Russians from SP Russia . Those changes caused a major problem with scenarios that was also corrected with the 4.5 patch so to even SUGGEST we don't listen to suggestions from Russians is pure nonsense but it would appear you have a very large chip on your shoulder

That said, between the obvious poor attitude you bring to this forum plus your willingness to believe just about anything like the 12,7mm MG story I would suggest any further suggestions you may have about the game be passed on to KraMax who can pass them on to me if there is any validity to them. KraMax understands how information should be passed on and you simply do not

As for the T-95, you should have listened to "Beast" when he told you "you have been misled". Even Wikipedia says "information on this tank is based on unverified data."

When and if it's proven it does exist and is being produced for the Russian army use we will add it to the game until then it's just another "what if "

Don