BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old July 1st, 2005, 03:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road
Default LVTP5 too much carry ability?

I'm playing Vietnam battle as USMC vs. NVA and I chose 2 companies of mech infantry. I noticed that I had 4 LVTP's which had no passengers at all... I'm just wonder why only "few" of LVTP's had units inside? Is this reason of carry ability or AI itself? I checked that LVTP5's carry capasity is 34. Is this too much for 1 LVTP? Now units will not go to all of them equally... Can I fix this some way with Mobhack perhaps?

Warhero
Old July 2nd, 2005, 01:39 AM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LVTP5 too much carry ability?

Question, Did you load the troops or the AI? There is an auto load button that means the AI crams everything into the first available transport for it. Also As the AI loads your AO unit as well it can really mess up your loading, unless the first thing you brought was a Capacity six Vehicle.

If you do what I do when deploying loading up troops it gets alot less confusing. Just lay out the unit in rows, and you can see how many transports the formation has and what needs to get loaded into what.

You can lower the load capacity in Mobhack, however then you'd need to change the points cost, as well. However a simple edit like that is a good way of getting into the exciting world of Mobhacking, A program I use more than the game now....
Old July 2nd, 2005, 03:59 AM

Corporal

Randy is on a distinguished road

Warhero, the LVTP5 does have a much larger troop carrying capability compared to the AAV. According to Col Ken Estes in his book "Marines Under Armor" the P5 can carry 34 troops (25 is preffered), while AAV can carry 18. Each has a crew of 3. Hope this helps.
Old July 2nd, 2005, 05:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Well I chose mech inf company. That's why AI loads more than 1 unit into 1 LVTP. Ok, I understand that it's correct in reality that carry ability is 34 but do I have to unload every LVTP before begin 1st turn only to get all LVTP's loaded? Is this only solution or just lower load capasity in Mobhack? Which way is wiser to do? On the other hand, empty LVTP's are good to be as "reserve unit" if some unit's LVTP will be destroyed, isn't it?...

Warhero
Old July 2nd, 2005, 08:59 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

If 34 is the correct figure, then you'd better be quite sure of what you're doing before MOBhacking anything, unless you backup all your files, don't mind browsing your whole stuff for the original oob when needed and not being able to play PBEM anymore

Either load everyone in few of the transports and use the rest as reserve or diversion, or despatch your troops in as many transports as possible so you'll lose less of them if (when) one gets hit. depends on your enemy and your global strategy.

Besides, how are your transports grouped? are they part of the infantry platoons or bought separately?
Anyway make sure to load together units that will fight together, otherwise you'll end up with 'out of contact' problems: either part of your inf. platoons will end up in the wrong place and get suppressed from being 2 miles from their commander, or your transport units will get split and start get supressed just s well, which can be bad when landing under fire
Old July 2nd, 2005, 09:01 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Warhero said:
Well I chose mech inf company. That's why AI loads more than 1 unit into 1 LVTP. Ok, I understand that it's correct in reality that carry ability is 34 but do I have to unload every LVTP before begin 1st turn only to get all LVTP's loaded? Is this only solution or just lower load capasity in Mobhack? Which way is wiser to do? On the other hand, empty LVTP's are good to be as "reserve unit" if some unit's LVTP will be destroyed, isn't it?...

Warhero
This only happens if you auto deploy. If you manually deploy you can choose who goes where exactly

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 2nd, 2005, 04:21 PM

Corporal

Randy is on a distinguished road

When I'm using amtracs or any other APC I always unload them and reload them and cross attach the units. When the computer does it sometimes it will put all the MGs, or ATGMs in one APC etc. As DRG pointed out by doing it manually you can put the troops where you want them.