.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old September 12th, 2014, 10:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Campaign Scenario Setup Help - France

OK, here is a different thread from valo's one.
Valo, it seems to be working, thanks for sending me those files.

Now, to TS4EVER:
I have chosen to go with French infantry battalion, starting May 1940. I would love to have about, hmmm, 30 battles or so. First through dramatic France, then retreat to Africa, then Italy and France again, ending on liberation of Paris.
I will develop my realistic battalion rather freely, I will try to turn it into combat group.

What I ask you for is to consider my unit as a part of something bigger (regiment/brigade). I can provide you some sources of French equipment and organization of that time so you know what kind of forces may be sometimes attached as extra units. I also ask for realism when deploying my enemies. This comes to that era equipment and structural organizations (more the less, of course).

I take it you choose battles best and you know whats good for particular part of the campaign.

PS: I am up to do such thing for someone else, I guess TS4EVER cannot handle entire forums for that :P
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Campaigns.7z (23.2 KB, 441 views)
Old September 13th, 2014, 09:20 AM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Scenario Setup Help - France

You don't have to post the campaign file here, it is enough for oyu to post exactly what forces you have for now.

Here is how it works: You have a campaign on your computer, I make scenario files that you then add to this campaign to continue. You always need to save your game a turn before it ends, so you can then load up this savegame once you edited your campaign with the new scenario.
One technique we can do is having battles take place on the same map. So let's say your first game is supposed to take place in the morning and the battle continues in the evening. In that case you can send me your savegame and I can use this to make another scenario on the same map, which now has the battle damage from before etc. You shouldn't buy reinforcements then of course.
Old September 13th, 2014, 10:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

I am fine with multiple battles on one map.
Here I lost my current deployment save with exact forces I have. I hope that should help. Sorry I dont get it so well, custom campaign was always a bit weird to me :P

Uploaded the save.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Saved Games.7z (26.6 KB, 392 views)
Old September 23rd, 2014, 08:45 PM

First Lieutenant

Sorry it took so long, had little time. Anyway, add this to your campaign after the scenario where you picked your core force. Remember to make a savegame one turn before the end and put it on here, so I can make the next scenario on the same map. Note that you will play several battles on the same map, so conserve your forces!

Quote:
The Germans broke through in the Ardennes and now the situation is chaotic. Your unit is tasked with securing an important bridge and creating a defensive perimeter around it. If the situation deteriorates further, we might have to blow it up, but until then, hold it. German recon elements are already in the area, but the enemy is not yet there in strength, so use this opportunity to establish a good defensive position. Some armored cars are operating on the eastern side of the river and will be able to screen your forces, but they have to be pulled back over the bridge by the end of the battle!
Old September 23rd, 2014, 08:48 PM

First Lieutenant

And the file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip france.zip (77.4 KB, 401 views)
Old September 25th, 2014, 11:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

Seems to be working, I will start playing now. I will report every few turns.
Its gonna be extremely hard to quickly cross that bridge and establish some beachhead with footmobile force only.
Old September 26th, 2014, 09:54 AM

First Lieutenant

Yes. Note that you don't necessarily have to "win", as in capture all objectives. Instead, establish a perimeter that you are comfortable defending and beat the German recon forces. The big attack will come in the next scenario, where your deployment zone and objectives will depend on your positions in this one.
Old September 26th, 2014, 11:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

And so I did.
Panhards did amazing job and literally crushed German recon far from the city, giving my troops possibility to setup defence perimeter. I have suffered only 9 casualties, probably killing about ~200 Germans.
So far, 1 & 2 Cie crossed the bridge, 1 Cie covering south and 2 Cie covering north with monastery hill. 3 Cie crossed 2 platoons only, while 2 remaining in reserve for this scenario. Their general task is to cover that small forest and approach road.
I would be glad if I had a possibility to adjust some setup (especially relocate some AT guns). But overally I am happy with my current deployment and first success
Here goes the save, I am eager to see what goes next.

PS: I am requesting some artillery from my Regiment, it may come in handy if German attack will be strong. Also, I insist Panhards remain under my command, unless Division states otherwise.

PSS: My amazing AA defences managed to shoot down Storch recon plane with 3% chance ;P
Attached Files
File Type: zip Frenchmen.zip (114.6 KB, 386 views)
Old September 26th, 2014, 02:23 PM

First Lieutenant

OK, next one. You can only deploy your units on the western bank or within the perimeter I marked on the map.

Quote:
Defend your perimeter against attack of what appears to be a German mechanised or tank division. Expect heavy artillery and air attack.
Sadly, the Panhard vehicles have withdrawn, but division is sending over some tanks. These had mechanical trouble, so it might take a while. As more elements of our division arrive, our artillery will be set up, coming online as the battle progresses.
As always, try to preserve your force.
Attached Files
File Type: zip france.zip (82.6 KB, 396 views)
Old September 27th, 2014, 12:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

OK, done this one too.
It was quite tough. At worst point I had to retreat about 500m into my lines and German tanks took that monastery. My armour support came just in time to fend them off. In the end I counterattacked and recaptured that forest and northern approaches. Only area I failed to get on time was that orchard near the railway.
German battalion seems to dislike that day, with most forces routed. For those 500pts I requested engineering company (which did not take part in combat), additional 75mm battery and 4 more AT guns.
My casualties are considerable though. I lost half of my MG capacity, AAMGs also failed to shoot down even a single Stuka, however they managed to damage few. I also lost ammo wagon and mule transports, reducing my mobility. Infantry itself did it with acceptable casualties. German artillery complicated my life. A lot.
My crew abandoned some vehicles, but these seems to be intact.

I request to keep engineers (in case I have to retreat and blow the bridge), tanks if possible, I need a battery on standby. I would be more than glad to have increased AT capacity, because my AT guns are just not enough. I could use tanks or more AT guns, but preferably tanks.
What is the situation on my flanks? I REALLY do not want to be cut my German pincer movement, so in case it is necessary I will have to evacuate to the side.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Frenchmen.zip (136.4 KB, 377 views)