.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old October 8th, 2006, 04:39 PM

Private

RoyalOak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug thread

Shinuyama can recruit Kappa's for 0 gold in underwater fortress
Functiuns at least everytime in Kelp Fortress. Not tested yet on another underwater fort.
Old October 8th, 2006, 05:24 PM

Private

Buffered is on a distinguished road

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Soulstone of the Wolves does not appear to summon any wolves in combat. - At least, it isn't working like it used to in Dom 2.
It casts howl once in battle. Summons 10 wolves or so. From the edges of the battlefield. Works for me.

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Graphics corruption after switching back to game after alt-tabbing out

I have an LCD and a CRT hooked up to an ATI Radeon X600, with the CRT designated as the primary monitor (which means it's on the secondary device). Both run at 1600x1200x32 which the game runs at as well.

edit: after switching out of the game, I have to click on the task bar icon once, wait a while and click it again to have the game come back.

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] When attempting to view a battle, game sometimes crashes with "out of memory" before the zoom-in effect on the world map shows up

This is with the Glory of the Gods map, and seemed to be consistently reproducible if it happens. It hasn't happened for several turns now, though. When it happens, if I look at the Task Manager entry for dom3.exe, the VM size jumps to around 1.5 GB of usage before the game quits. I've also had it jump around that high and play back the battle normally. The extra memory usage immediately drops down once the battle replay starts, though.

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Summoned Limne, who is now in 5th place in Hall of Fame, but has received no hero ability. - does it have to be a recruited unit now?
Uniques don't get heroic abilities anymore. They are heroic and well known anyway.
Old October 8th, 2006, 05:31 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Mind-blasters should not target immune targets when no other targets remain, because more may be summoned (rarely -- ex. mindless commander with a summoning item, it's possible if a bit contrived) and they should save their ammo.
Old October 8th, 2006, 07:06 PM

Sergeant

Archonsod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Buffered said:
[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Graphics corruption after switching back to game after alt-tabbing out

I see similar things, in addition, sometimes Alt + Tab doesn't work and I need to use the Windows key.
Old October 8th, 2006, 08:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

JaydedOne is on a distinguished road

Magic site: The Wasted Sea does not grant summonable units. EDIT: NOT A BUG.

The Wasted Sea says that a death mage may enter to summon a Soulless of Atlantis. I've sat an aboleth with death magic there for three turns summoning and nothing comes out.

EDIT: Heh. Boy, those Soulless of Atlantis sure look like lobos.

(hides head)
Old October 8th, 2006, 09:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

JaydedOne is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Blofeld said:
[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Polypal spawn's tentacle attacks are useless
In demo version, during long underwater engagement with R'lyeh, their 60 Polypal spawns failed to do _any_ damage to my troops. They were fighting unarmoured tritons for several turns, so -some- damage should have gotten through. Perhaps the fact that they have strength 5 and tentacle damage is -5 AP has something to do with the bug?
I wonder if this is a "Working as Intended"... I use my spawn (which are easily acquired and have the highest protection of any unit for R'lyeh EA) as fodder to soak up attacks from tritons while my blasters fire away and enslave. If they did damage, they might be overpowered, given how easy they are to produce. And they -can- do damage if you strength-boost with spells.
Old October 8th, 2006, 10:20 PM

Colonel

Ballbarian will become famous soon enough

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Problem with Armor of Virtue? In my current game I had 2 commander's with misc magic items. They started near each other on the battle map. For what it is worth, both commanders were trained in the same turn.

Commander 1 had Armor of Virtue (returns commander home if struck in combat). Commander 2 ended up with ritual of returning instead!

BTW: I love the headless hoburg.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 454388-ARMVRTU2.jpg (277.0 KB, 195 views)
Map Forge - Map editor
Old October 9th, 2006, 04:04 AM

Private

thekossack is on a distinguished road

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img]
1. R'lyeh: During battles in the Void Gate, starspawn scripted to cast Returning never do, instead attempt to fight. The manual advises them to cast the spell to escape (pg. 130).

2. Gateway spell leaves soldiers behind, thus acting like a teleport.

3. Gate Stone, which allows Astral Travel, is broken. Commanders attempting to use it do nothing.
Old October 9th, 2006, 04:25 AM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Jarkko said:
Quote:
PheasantPlucker said:
Minor typo - Can the word 'prophet' as shown on the info screen below be changed to 'Prophet'.
[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Shift key does not work always (Windows)
For example when renaming characters (You get 'prophet' instead of 'Prophet') or when selecting a commander to give a shortcut command that needs shift (selecting a mage and I want to give research command (shift R) -> recruit screen opens).
Humm... Oddly enough I now *can* give orders with shift pressed, but still can't rename people to have capital letter first. Must be some freak set of conditions that cause that shift problem?
Old October 9th, 2006, 08:25 AM

Corporal

Blofeld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
JaydedOne said:
Quote:
Blofeld said:
[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Polypal spawn's tentacle attacks are useless
In demo version, during long underwater engagement with R'lyeh, their 60 Polypal spawns failed to do _any_ damage to my troops. They were fighting unarmoured tritons for several turns, so -some- damage should have gotten through. Perhaps the fact that they have strength 5 and tentacle damage is -5 AP has something to do with the bug?
I wonder if this is a "Working as Intended"... I use my spawn (which are easily acquired and have the highest protection of any unit for R'lyeh EA) as fodder to soak up attacks from tritons while my blasters fire away and enslave. If they did damage, they might be overpowered, given how easy they are to produce. And they -can- do damage if you strength-boost with spells.
Dunno. According to game mechanics, they should inflict (5(str) - 5(tentacle damage) + 2d6+) damage against (0 (triton prot) + 2d6+). That is, half of the hits against unarmored opponents should cause damage (barring repel).

A words from devs would be welcome, claryfing whether 0 effective attack strength units are supposed to inflict damage.