Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old June 18th, 2006, 02:10 AM

Sergeant

Charles22 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug in AI buys?

Snake: Well I'm usually limiting myself to 3,250 points these days. Depending on the nation I'm playing, I end up with between 95-115 core units. That force value is based on the 1939 Germans. Naturally if I'm starting later I might have to bump up the core value a bit, but most nations are cheaper than the Germans, for one reason because they start off the earliest.

I wouldn't worry about you core value going up if I were you. All the nations units go up with time, and the only way you can play with a force effective to the time period is to not worry about how expensive it gets. Besides, if you don't like having any AA in your core, for example, you can always use some of the upgrade points to add them into the core later.

I like to think of my force as that nation's best, but I also won't exclude some really sub-par sort of equipment like the PZIA's, PZIID's and a few others, just so I have to deal with some of the issues the real commanders had to deal with. If I have nothing but the best of every tank the Germans had for the time period, for example, the game could get boring pretty quick, as the AI isn't constantly going to keep buying nothing but CharB's , Matilda's, and KV's. I like to have a sense of peril. I also normally carry a couple of elite infantry type platoons in my core so my infatry is normally better then the enemies, but it's not too bad since their impact is limited, and I use them almost strictly in defense and if my armor is working very well, not even then. So I generally will have either 5 or 6 platoons of infantry in core, with two being elites of some sort while 1-2 are engineers, and then the rest are basic infantry, with sometimes one of those being a platoon of the shoddiest infantry (recruits etc).

I'm pretty set on how much and what types of units I like to go with in my core over time, but the one thing that perplexes me a bit is if I should have a section of bazooka type troops in core, but at least in this game if I don't like the ATR's early I can later add in the panzershreck boys to the core in the case of the Germans. I definitely wouldn't bother with panzerfaust units, because the basic infantry all pretty much get them as a secondary weapon.