BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old June 12th, 2006, 04:11 PM

Sergeant

Smersh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Killing Infantry in WW2 and MBT

I did read what he wrote and understood it.

but every time I play a notice a big difference in casualty rates and how often they occur, so my actual in-game experience goes against "...the code is rather similiar". he also said "MBT is usually easuer (the tanks generally have 10cm+ guns)." but thats not what I'm seeing, I'm more succesful at "killing" infantry with a platoon of t-26 tanks then a t-55/72.Maybe its just me.

,but there have been no comments by other people besides andy, talking about this, so I can't really tell if other people are noticing it too (if there is a difference).

edit:
I wroting this post before Nighblade posted his, see other people are noticing a difference. that is why I found it hard to beleive that infantry casualties where being handeled the same way.
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:56 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

When we get the patch out for WinSPww2 and after the summers over and we have time to start looking at some of the issues raised about WinSPMBT we will be in a better position to judge the differences and how they relate to game play in both games.

Each game release builds off the previous release and we also know for long, LONG experience that even small changes can sometimes be magnified. For now accept that WinSPMBT and WinSPWW2 are two separate games. We attempt to make them similar but that is not always going to happen simply because one deals with a 16 year span from 1930 - 1946 and another deals with a 74 year time span from 1946 - 2020.

Once we have the time to really look at this we'll have better answers. We went from the last Dos version of SPWW2 right into the Windows version of MBT then right into the windows version of SPww2 so I personally need a break to recharge the batteries so to speak and once that is done we will both be in a better position to look objectively at some of these issues.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 12th, 2006, 11:01 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

You might also re-read Andy's post

........"You do not yet have the new EXE, which fixes a few problems with over-effective splash damage "

THAT effects infantry casualties as well as armour kills and that splash damage code is NOT in MBT

The code *IS* "mostly the same". Small changes can sometimes have bigger effects and still be "mostly the same" code

Don

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:07 AM

Sergeant

Smersh is on a distinguished road

ok, thats acceptable.

And I didn't realize both projects where back to back, get some rest !