BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 16th, 2006, 01:45 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road
Default Issue with cost calculator

Hi, just wanted to say its an amazing job as usual. It looks like WinSPWWII has added even more helpful features and the gameplay can only be better than that of WinSPMBT.

However, I've noticed something I don't understand with the cost calculator. I tried to create the T34E2 version of the T34 calliope rocket launcher in the US Army OOB. The only difference with this version was that it used the more powerful 7.2" rockets. So all I did was copy, change the weapon numbers (to whatever it was for 7.2" rockets, noted from the M17 RL) change the dates (saw limited usage during 1945, so I set it just to 1945), and when I run it through the cost calculator it says the cost should be 10 points LESS based on the ammo factor. This just doesn't seem correct to me.
Old May 16th, 2006, 02:45 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Issue with cost calculator

And the ammo count now is what?.

If you have replaced say 4 heavy new rockets, but the previous version had say 32 of the less powerful model, then the total ammo value may well be less that before. i.e, 4*B is < 32*A.

Note also that short range can reduce the ammo value of a round, so if these are also shorter ranged items, you may get less ammo value than you first thought.

And then - if you have plonked these rockets onto a normal AFV class, with no indirect fire capability, you will then not get charged the extra points for the indirect fire ploting capability that indirect fire capable classes do, either (AFAIR).

Cheers
Andy
Old May 16th, 2006, 03:21 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road

no, I did only what I said. The T34E2 featured 60 tubes like the T34, but for the 7.2" rocket. The unit it otherwise identical. 60 7.2" rockets instead of 60 4.5" rockets. I used the same weapon number as for the M17 RL in the US Army OOB. I believe that the 7.2" rocket has higher values in every single category.

I did not notice that the range of the 7.2" rocket is drastically less than that of the 4.5" rocket. Which explains the cost difference.
Old May 16th, 2006, 03:46 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
thatguy96 said:
no, I did only what I said. The T34E2 featured 60 tubes like the T34, but for the 7.2" rocket. The unit it otherwise identical. 60 7.2" rockets instead of 60 4.5" rockets. I used the same weapon number as for the M17 RL in the US Army OOB. I believe that the 7.2" rocket has higher values in every single category.

I did not notice that the range of the 7.2" rocket is drastically less than that of the 4.5" rocket. Which explains the cost difference.
Hmm - assuming you used the stock weapons, then weapon 228, as used already in the OOB for unit 317 RL M17 WhizBang, has a range of 24 hexes. 20 rounds issued for that. 58 points. And a range of 24 is just above min indirect range IIRC (20 hexes for most arty), so the indirect window will be rather narrow.

Weapon 109 however, as used in unit 23, the calliope, has a range of 104 hexes. 40 rounds issued in the calliope. 72 points.

Now, I would count 24 hexes as "drastically less than" 104, myself!

Cheers
Andy

BTW - you will also be charged a few points for using another weapon slot, so how you split the 60 rounds can also count (1 slot of 60, 2 slots of 30 or 3 slots of 20, say). Plus the rounding from float to integer can give slightly different values if spread over several slots than if 1 was used.