.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Vietnam Campaign Project
Notices

Old September 26th, 2005, 05:46 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beta ToO No1 Chapter No1: Plei Me

Quote:
Pyros said:
Everything comes with a cost!!!

The support assets that gives you a decisive have an penalty (delay of 5 turns) in their reinforcement turn and a small advantage (heavier).
Pyros, I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing...

In the first scenario, which is a so called 'filler', a one turn scenario, where the player will not fight a battle but choose support elements.

His choice will advance him into the campaign, this will be done by branching the campaign.
One result, minor victory will give the player a certain support package... the other, decisive victory, will give him another support package.

It will also give the player campaign points because the game will treat the 'one turn filler scenario' the same as any other scenario in the campaign.

If the player wants the support package that uses the path to a decisive victory result he will recieve the campaign points (not build points) for a decisive victory (I think it's 3 points, draw scores 0). He will not have fought a battle to recieve those points. This might not be an issue, we might not even intend to set any BPR or points that determine DV, MV etc for the entire campaign (i.e the end result when the players has finished every scenario).

My suggestion is to explore the possible use of decisive defeat, minor defeat or draw as results after the 'one turn filler scenarios'. This because as far as I know theses scenarios results will not provide the player with any campaign points at all.
Old September 26th, 2005, 07:40 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

Ulf,

In that first scenario there are 2 choices:

1st choice: leads to MARGINAL VICTORY which add 2 points to the campaign and provides the first support asset (105mm+ platoon) at turn10

support for secondary:
turn10 105mm+ platoon
turn10 105mm+ platoon
turn15 105mm+ platoon
turn15 105mm+ platoon
turn20 155mm+ platoon
turn20 155mm+ platoon

2nd choice: leads to DECISIVE VICTORY which adds 3 points to the campaign total and provides the first support asset at turn15 (105mm battery)

support for secondary:
turn15 105mm+ platoon
turn15 105mm+ platoon
turn20 155mm+ platoon
turn20 155mm+ platoon
turn25 B-57
turn28 B-57
turn31 B-57
turn18 A-1 Skyraider
turn20 A-1 Skyraider
turn25 A-1 Skyraider
turn30 A-1 Skyraider
turn30 A-1 Skyraider
turn30 A-1 Skyraider

The whole idea is that the first choice (marginal victory) will give a small advantage by providing support at turn10 instead of turn15 (at a cost of 1 point in the total of the campaign).

cheers,
Pyros

p.s what you say about the minor defeat or decisive defeat is logic and we may (will) adopt it.
Old September 27th, 2005, 01:22 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Pyros said:
The whole idea is that the first choice (marginal victory) will give a small advantage by providing support at turn10 instead of turn15 (at a cost of 1 point in the total of the campaign).
Aha!

Then it makes perfect sense.

I was mistaken, I thought the main difference would be in the composition of the support units.