.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old December 9th, 2005, 02:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

WBWilder is on a distinguished road
Default Another AAR on Taking the Tip

This one comes from Sgt Walrus in this playtest of the battle, "Taking the Tip - Port Said."

The landing was perfect, with a bit of OP fire, for C platoon. The SAS helped keep the gueards heads down and finish them off. The SAS were superb in this battle. They had many kills by the end and were dashing and bold..HURRAH!!

B platoon splashed down near the Sewege Farm. B1 and B2 were lost, drowned. The rest landed near enough to the ammo (another great touch there WB, classy and historic) to get reloaded and take some part in the action.
So, two sections down and we have hardly started!!

I move forward, the SAS on the flanks. C ptn moves in the open and draws fire..I juggle the sections to get ammo for all and clear the area for the next landing.

The D pnt support lads arrive with no fuss and the mortars are straight into it.

The Venoms are beautiful, I love those old British jets...great names and a great look.

They do OK in this fight, but keep targeting the bus units which take a while to kill.

The buses make good interference targets for the airstrikes.

B platoon fights hard. By T10 the B0 is the last left. He takes another squad with him when he buys the farm. A superb effort, the B platoon did well to hold up the Egyptian reserves for the others.

The northern counter attack by the EAF pilots etc is beaten back by arty and the SAS. C ptn slides down the runway on the nth side and does well.

The Patrol boat is another unexpected and excellent touch.
The bunker caught me by suprise...and was eventually beautifully delt with by some Para engineers and their satchel charges...perfect.

The Egyptian AMX-13 hung out near the water in the south...I thought it was stuck but ir came back inland ...and ran into more engineers...BOOM!! Another perfect kill.

The mortars do well keeping the Egyptian conter attack at bay. Liberal use of smoke help in the last part of the attack. I move through them and all the hexes are taken at the end of T18.

Perfect timing. I am glad I moved fast at the start.

All B ptn were killed. 2 ammo units dead too.
All other units had casualties, some had plenty and had stopped moving.

Paras--------------Egyptians
2551----Points------191
53------Men--------165
------Arty-------2
1----Soft Vehicles---2(I don't recall losing a truck???)
---------APC-------2
--------AFV--------2
No air killed...except the grounded MIGs.

A Decisive Victory for the paras.
I really enjoyed this. I think it was hard, but even losing one platoon didn't hold me back.

Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Scenario Designer
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:02 PM

Corporal

Pepper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another AAR on Taking the Tip

I got either a decisive or a marginal victory, I think it was because I also moved fast. Somewhere WB had posted that the Egyptians take 'awhile' to get there, but will come, which I took as an invitation to get rearmed and in position quickly. Once I did that, I was able to essentially switch roles and be defender while Egyptian troops ran into my LOF with predictable results.
Old December 11th, 2005, 03:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

WBWilder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another AAR on Taking the Tip

Exactly, Pepper. Dragging your feet can cost you in this one. Move quickly but coordinating your forces. You don't want some guys stuck out there if your bigger force gets stymied.

Good job!

WB

Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Scenario Designer