.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old June 25th, 2015, 01:59 PM

Private

Lancer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (WIP) Campaign: Lvov to Berlin

Everything has worked as designed. I have acted as intended. I would say that the 4th battle was the opposite of the 3rd. As in using tanks to support infantry in close fighting instead of using infantry to protect tanks.

Yes, the 5th battle appears to be much bigger than the previous ones. Just when the troops were getting good (most at leas 80 exp)

Thanks again!

test:
[spoiler] tester [/spoiler]

highlighted
Old June 28th, 2015, 08:16 PM

Private

I completed battle number five (Busk). I had fun. Another great map. Marginal victory - I think mainly because I lost eight tanks. It ended at turn eighteen. I thought it would take a lot more turns since I got so delayed and diverted the first few turns. But once the shell was cracked it all went rather easy. Was that the design? It seemed to match history for parts of the war at that time.

The lend lease companies went through the town easily and quickly. (lost the T-3 and an M4 to an unfound panzerscrecker towards the end) Once they took the intown objectives it seemed to start a chain reaction of other enemy units leaving their posts to head to the objectives in the town. It made things easier for the other approaches.

Most losses came from an approach I was going to ignore. (from north of the river) But then I did assign the starting aux tank co (plus the smg co) to take that approach. Smoke came late even with a priority hex nearby - all guns were concentrated on another approach for the first few turns. I did not intend to but one tank took out an enemy gun apc and another took out an atg in a duel. But other atg's destroyed both tanks. The enemy atg's got another tank a few turns later. (after the smoke arrived) Never found those atg's. Lost another tank to an unseen enemy smg squad w/panzerfaust. One of our smg platoons got hammered and pinned down for awhile by enemy artillery. One squad was almost destroyed.

The core force went straight for the town on this side of the river. This is where all the guns and smoke and katyushas were used for the first few turns.. The core got diverted to a more southerly approach by a nashorn that destroyed a tank (but not the crew!) The nashron destroyed another tank (a reinforcement) right before an IL-2 destroyed the nashorn. I sent all available aircraft after the nashorn, The first IL-2 destroyed it. As a bonus the second IL-2 found a panzer nearby and destroyed it. The third IL-2 found a stug but didn't get it. (a tank hunter eventually destroyed the stug and lived) I got the core set up where I wanted (covering a bridge) and was going to have the reinforement companies clear the area but there wasn't much fighting after the lend leasers took their objective hexes. The enemy came out of hiding and died easily. I think our artillery destroyed an atg and a smg platoon destroyed another. (I think all enemy artillery and aa was also destroyed)

Great job and many thanks!

Last edited by Lancer; June 28th, 2015 at 08:26 PM..
Old June 30th, 2015, 08:22 PM

Private

I finished battle six (Vistula) Decisive victory turn 34, no lost tanks. The outcome was questionable the first 20 turns or so and then it went smoother. Glad that there was not more opposition and that there was plenty of artillery and smoke.

Another great job. Many thanks!
Old July 1st, 2015, 06:51 AM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

Thanks for taking your time to test this and write this stuff down! While it is technically true that these campaigns are free, I always felt that fan mappers and modders are paid in feedback
Old July 1st, 2015, 07:58 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
Thanks for taking your time to test this and write this stuff down! While it is technically true that these campaigns are free, I always felt that fan mappers and modders are paid in feedback
So True! Thanks for all your hard work (sorry I havent had chance to have a go at this yet - RecruitMonty has me hard at it :P )

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old July 6th, 2015, 06:32 AM

Private

I have completed battle seven (securing the bridgehead) Decisive victory, 27 turns.

Cleared out the Estate but did not convert the objective hexes right away. Moved a platoon south of that to cover that approach. Some kind of spaa destroyed the halftrack (empty). Most of the force moved along the edge of the woods following the main road. Engaged a couple of atg and maybe an infantry platoon. Destroyed them with almost no loss. A tank hunter and a bren carrier continued up the road and met no oppostion. So a tank platoon (plus smg) was sent to approach the town from the north, taking objective hexes along the way. They eventually engaged a small mobile force that looked to be moving north to meet them. We won.

The remaining platoon (plus smg) moved south towards the town staying in the woods. The platoon (plus smg) at the estate also moved west toward the town to meet them. They both basically ambushed enemy troops moving towards the estate. And then took the town and all the objectives. Destroyed some mortars and another atg along the way. Did lose a tank (but not the crew!) to a panzerschreck team that managed to get behind them. I think all enemy forces were destroyed except the kommander who was never found.

Another well designed scenario. Had to find the right balance of speed and patience to come out with few losses. If there were a few less turns I probably would have been a little more reckless and lost more troops. And also if the enemy atg had waited for tanks and not fired on smg platoons first.(they were getting very close range) I keep wanting to add some scouts to the force or change the tank hunters/bren carriers into something else though I never do.

Thank you!

Last edited by Lancer; July 6th, 2015 at 06:56 AM..
Old July 6th, 2015, 06:38 AM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
I appreciate new campaigns and scenarios and the work that goes in to making them. And there are a lot of new for me ones to try. In the past I usually play only as Western Allies. I have been looking for Soviet scenarios after reading "Enemy at the Gates" and "The Fall of Berlin" (and other books) .

Or even better, Soviet campaigns! - something akin to troops under Chuikov going from almost being eliminated or pushed into the Volga at Stalingrad all the way to the halls of the Reichstag. It must have been one hell of a journey for those that survived. This campaign is the closest thing I've found to that.

So many thanks and keep up the good work!
Old January 5th, 2016, 10:32 AM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

In addition to the new scenario pack, I also made an updated version of this campaign. It fixes several mistakes and tweaks the difficulty of some scenarios.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lvov to Berlin.zip (1,012.3 KB, 181 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ts4EVER For This Useful Post: