.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old June 29th, 2005, 02:24 PM

Corporal

Shadowcougar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SPMBT User Campaign - Silver Lions!

OK done,, Will start playing soon
Where and when do you want the reports?

BTW have you played Stryker Brigade Combat Team: In Between Peace And War by Travis Hilterbrand?
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:29 PM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Double_Deuce said:
ISSUES!

There are 2 known problems with the campaign. They do not cause problems with gameplay but they are there.
  • D-65 is the Company Executive Officer's Tank. It should be a standard M60A3 but with a blade attached. Since there was not one in the current OOB I replaced it with a CEV (identical in about everyway except for the main gun). I then edited the data to replace the gun with the standard 105mm M68 found on the other M60's. The graphic will show the CEV BUT the unit itself is acurate in all other ways.
  • When I set up the scenario template I accidently left the Soviet HQ loaded and during editing I deleted the carrying vehicle. This causes the Soviet HQ to never enter the battle (cannot be deployed). It may be that way in all 11 scenario's as I used the 1st scenario as the basis for all the others. The only effects it may cause are to the command functions of Soviet side command. If should not impact the US Side at all.
Hi Double Deuce,

About that second issue. I'm not sure I understand completely. There are no HQ units at any time for the Russians? I'd think that would be a serious setback for them.
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:31 PM

Corporal

loaded the files in the campaigns folder and it asked to over write the other files. Silver Lions doesn't show up as a choice on the campaign list. Did I do something wrong?
Old June 29th, 2005, 03:01 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Double_Deuce said:
ISSUES!

There are 2 known problems with the campaign. They do not cause problems with gameplay but they are there.
<SNIP>[*]When I set up the scenario template I accidently left the Soviet HQ loaded and during editing I deleted the carrying vehicle. This causes the Soviet HQ to never enter the battle (cannot be deployed). It may be that way in all 11 scenario's as I used the 1st scenario as the basis for all the others. The only effects it may cause are to the command functions of Soviet side command. If should not impact the US Side at all.[/list]
DD, I hate to be the one to pee on your boots but you've crippled the Russian AI side. You've chopped the top of the command structure for rallying for one and reduced the effectiveness of it's artillery becasue the top man in the chain of command is missing. You've also elliminated any chance of the Human player from killing the AI's commander and gaining the benifits of the gaining the victory points for the kill and disruption of the command structure that would give to the game

The game needs an A0 unit for the AI to work properly. You cannot know that "They do not cause problems with gameplay" becasue you've never played that campaign with the AI's A0 in place.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 29th, 2005, 03:07 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Shadowcougar said:
loaded the files in the campaigns folder and it asked to over write the other files. Silver Lions doesn't show up as a choice on the campaign list. Did I do something wrong?
If you installed this campaign for the first time and it asked you to overwrite existing files in the campaign folder then yes, something very **VERY** serious is wrong.

What slot was it built for DD?

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 29th, 2005, 03:34 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DRG said:
Quote:
Shadowcougar said:
If you installed this campaign for the first time and it asked you to overwrite existing files in the campaign folder then yes, something very **VERY** serious is wrong.

What slot was it built for DD?

Don
was built for slot 025.
Old June 29th, 2005, 03:47 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DRG said:DD, I hate to be the one to pee on your boots but you've crippled the Russian AI side. You've chopped the top of the command structure for rallying for one and reduced the effectiveness of it's artillery becasue the top man in the chain of command is missing.
Yeah I kinda figured that but am letting some playtest it as is. I have already tried to clear the Soviet BUY screen and purchase the units again but it won't work the HQ stays loaded on an imaginary vehicle. The only option I have is to go back in and redo every scenario from scratch except for the maps which I can save and then import back in. At least in the old SPMBT you could delete the A0 unit of player 2. I found out the hard way that WinSPMBT changed this.

Quote:
DRG said:The game needs an A0 unit for the AI to work properly. You cannot know that "They do not cause problems with gameplay" becasue you've never played that campaign with the AI's A0 in place.
By gameplay I was meaning wierd graphics casued by the CEV conversion and crashes etc BUT it obviously impact the AI's "gameplay". The Soviets will fight but as you mentioned, are severely leadership handicapped.
Old June 29th, 2005, 05:51 PM

Corporal

I had to restart because of a windows update and now the Silver Lions campaign now shows up. will get to playing.

where and how do you want reports.
I sent Travis the saved turns and used a report templent he sent me.
Old June 29th, 2005, 11:03 PM

Corporal

I have played scenario 1 and lost 5 men and 2 jeeps. Do you want the saved turns and a AAR?
Old July 2nd, 2005, 01:49 PM

Major General

Arralen is on a distinguished road

1st scenario comments
(bunch of saves is attached)
  1. Soviet HQ is not a problem: load turn 14, move B0/c1 toward the NE vic hexes, and dismount the inf squad from C .. you'll find the soviet HQ dismounted at 143/22
  2. a0 is inf commander
  3. H0 is a headquarter ??
  4. there should be at least _some_ guards at the ASP ?!
  5. G3 heavy (tank) transport is so slow .. you won't get him to the ASP within 15 turns
  6. is this supposed to happen in Germany? There are _very_ few wooden houses here.
  7. set red arty observer to range=0, or better remove their weapons alltogether
  8. there are very few spetzaz, and they choose bad places for their attacks. Butchered most of them a) in the "valley" in front of the ASP, where all units where able to fire at them, and there was little cover for them, and b) in the SE corner of the complex, when they tried to cross the open area.

Last edited by Arralen; August 12th, 2008 at 03:24 PM..