BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old May 16th, 2006, 03:36 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road
Default Graphic Issue

Well, I just downloaded the game and it´s running on my machine. Thank you SP Camo Team for putting together such a great piece of work.

One question: I´m used to play spmbt on 1024x768, and on 800 x 600 ww2 graphics seem kind of washed out or pale..is there any way to fix this? I recall reading somewhere about this but I just haven´t been able to find the answer myself.

Thanks in advance
Old May 16th, 2006, 04:02 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Graphic Issue

As to 800 mode - assuming you have an LCD flat screen, then it will be interpolating 800x600 dots onto whatever native resolution your card is. Some cards/drivers do not do a very good job of that in terms of resolution (pixellated display).

If the resolution is not too pixellated and it is just monitor brightness or colour temperature stuff, then usually pressing the monitor properties button and fiddling with colour values or whatever as usual will be all that is required. Same goes for a "real" CRT monitor which will be able to adjust its scan to 800x600 without problems. Also, check out your video driver settings for 800 mode (left click on desktop, properties, settings) may help?.

Also - check that you have the correct colour compensation file for your monitor set up. It is usually done for you on installation of the monitor driver, but not always. (left click on desktop, properties, settings, colour management).

LCD monitors really don't do well with some colours. I used to use the Windows "autumn" desktop picture with a CRT monitor, but on changing to LCD, no amount of fiddling with colour values made that one look "right". Always too washed out to my eye. So I changed to a less "brown" desktop pic.

Cheers
Andy
Old May 18th, 2006, 03:32 AM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply Andy, I appreciate¡

You´re right, I´m playing the game on my lap. The issue seems to appear under 800 x600 (and below) full screen only, I play mbt on 1024 x 768 full screen and graphics look just the way they´re suposed to.

Funny thing, if I switch ww2 to windowed mode then 800x600 looks perfect but the window is just 3/4 size of the screen and the "enlarge" function turns unavailable. Is there any way to enlarge the window?
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:39 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

If you want a windowed mode > the max 800 by 600 of the download version, you need the CD version. Then you set the windowed mode to your screen size (or larger, it will crop to fit the desktop minus the windows task bar. As you have a wide screen (1280 by 800?) then 1280 by 1024 should do the trick. Remenber to ensure that your task bar is as described in the manual (normal width, at the bottom of the screen and no auto-hiding).

If your "enlarge" button is not working - I presume this is a magnifier function of the laptop?? - then try windowed mode in Windows GDI graphics mode, as it probably will only work on "politely behaved" GDI and not with DirectX.

The windowed mode is probably best for LCD monitors, as it is using the "natural" pixel size of the LCD. Full screen mode on a LCD, I would want to have at about the screen size as well for the smae reason.

Windowed mode is also best if you want to do other things, as it retains te palette on programme changes. As described in the manual we do allow alt-tab out of full screen mode as an "at your own risk" item, but some cards will occasionally lose the palette and go into "hippy trippy pschadellic LSD mode" on you if you do this.

Full screen on an LCD will not allow video sizes greater than the native size I have found, unlike CRT monitors. Unfortunately - the card's driver will report itself as able to support this mode to DirectX, but the actual LCD monitor hardware throws a severe hissy fit should you be so foolish as to try , at least that is the experience I have with my Dell, when trying 1600 mode on a 1280 by 1024 LCD.