.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old May 3rd, 2007, 07:11 AM

Private

MajorDisaster is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Long Campaign - German - Abrevated AAR

Great battle reports, really entertaining tea break reading. The screen shots add too :-) hmmm, I'll have to have a crack at that. I'm doing a similar campaign too. As I was new to this version of SP I started with a very small core and gradually expanded it but as Pdoktar says if you dont expand the map it ends up a headon slugfest, (mind you they can be fun, all depends what does it for you). Current battle is 200 height winter map with 4 inf company, 18 AFV and 6 AT guns, bit of flak, arty. And it's got right lively (think I'll do well to get MV) cos as qucikly as the Germans plug a gap the Russians find another one... and vice versa... chaos & great fun :-)
Old May 19th, 2007, 08:43 AM

Corporal

dlazov is on a distinguished road

Battle 9

Core Force Value: 4316

Date: 9/1943 (East Front)
Mission: Meeting Engagement
Place: Sinelnikovo, Ukraine
Visability: 90 hexes
Length: 36

Terrain: Very open, grasslands with two major hills in the middle and on the east side (Soviets) a stream is running north to south and mini-lake is also on the map.

Support points: 750, purchase one 10.5cm Batterie (x3 units) and one 7.5cm Batterie (1x units).

Setup/Plan: All objective hexes are not owned and in that 7 hex spread (not scattered, see the accompanying bmp file). Trying a new infantry tactic, calling it the lines / / / with tanks or AG mixed in.

North Sector: Hpt. Bertram's Infantry Company backed by Wiedemann's 5 tigers will advance east wards along the north to the OBJ-Hexes and attempt to hold them.

Center Sector: Hpt. Hollmichel's Infantry Company backup by Rittenhaus StuG IIIg Batteries will advance due east to the OBJ-Hexes and hold those.

South Sector: Frey's Pioneers bundled up in their 251/1 half-tracks and reinforced with Osterloh's Panthers will advance due east and over watch and eventually grab those objective hexes.

Pretty simple plan, advance east to contact and wipe out the Russians and win.

The terrain is very grassland and with rising slopes directly in front of my KG (to the east). There are four bridges over the stream, and that weird lake in the north make things seem eiree. The hot summer and visibility makes dust tracks quite easily and since most of my force (that is two of my infantry companies) are on foot, slow going it will be.

First contact in the north on Soviet Turn 2. More contact in the south on Soviet turn 3. Several T-34/76s burning about. However, it looks like the Russians are trying to pincer me, this time I put my stronger units in the north and south.

The Russians are not too smart today, they are leaving dust trails all over the northern section.

Soviet turn 6, La-5n attacked Wiedemann this turn (2 of em both on him like flies on [censored]), no hits, scary stuff. Heavy tank (T34, T60, BA-64) and infantry attacks in the north sector, very long turn as -- platoon came under heavy infantry fire and T-60 attack. Luckily, the tigers and a StuG platoon are in support.

Turns 7 and 8 saw some heated tank action in the north, the tigers knocked out a least a company of T34/m43 that were trying to sneak around the northern flank, meanwhile in the south the panthers knocked out about platoon of T-34's and a few KV-1 plus some T-70's.

Turn 9 was clean up for me, it's now turn 10 of 36, interesting. What does the Russian have up his sleeve? Soviet turn 9, Yeah! Langer in Tiger G1 just got his 50th kill!

German turn 10, Yeah! Voss just got his 50th kill! Soviet turn 10 those darn La-5's came on again, suppression only (dang them scare me).

Turn 11 was a mop up for me, the Soviets tried an ill-fated infantry charge.

Soviet Turn 12, the Russians launched a heavy infantry attack up north and towards the south, supported by mortars. The Soviet center looks to be crushed, but the north sector I see at least a company of Russian infantry trying to secure the VH, like wise in the south sector. There seems to be 2 Soviet tanks left (unless he is hiding them). On turn 13 some Russian Arty hit one of my 251/1 and blew it to bits, no survivors.

Soviet Turn 14, those La-5 flew in again, immobilized another one of 251/1s. Ops, just drove a 251/1 too close to some pesky infantry that was hidden and they popped up and kill my track! Too bad, to fast.

Soviet Turn 15, I lost the 251/17 AAA leader. Got too cocky and moved them both forward and they found (the hard way) 4x 37mm AAA that one of which killed the leader outright.

Turns 16-22 mop ups, and then...Soviet turn 23 out pops a 45mm AT shooting at my StuG IIIg's and low and behold 3x Kv-1 drive onto the map. But the game ended.

For this scenario:

Losses Men ART AFV APC
German 49 0 1 2
Soviet 599 12 46 0

For the Campaign (thus far):
Losses Men ART AFV APC Aircraft
German 520 1 20 12 2
Soviet 4264 79 353 0 2

Decisive Victory (again!)

Have after fixing my cores forces 4282 points! To expand or not? Expanded the map to 80x100.

Okay, expanded core to include a PzArt (sf) Abt+ with Wesps and a Flak Batterie with 37mm (x4). Was very tempted to increase by another panzer zug.

Status so far:

Promotions: A couple of infantry units promoted to experience, Tiger Langer, Panther Petersbach receive stars)

Tigers (Wiedemann * in G0)
G0 Kills 55 (Wiedeman *)
G1 Kills 56 (Langer *)
G2 Kills 28
G3 Kills 30
G4 Kills 18
-- ----- --
Totals 187

Panthers (Osterloh * in I1)
I0 Kills 34 (Petersbach *)
I1 Kills 48 (Osterloh *)
I2 Kills 24
I3 Kills 45 (Langkeit *)
I4 Kills 53 (Voss *)
-- ----- --
Totals 204

StuG IIIg Batterie

StuG Btr (Rittenhaus)
N0 Kills 2

StuG Zug (Wisch)
O0 Kills 10
O1 Kills 9
O2 Kills 9
-- ----- -
Totals 28

StuG Zug (Scherrer)
P0 Kills 7
P1 Kills 7
P2 Kills 8
-- ----- -
Totals 22

StuG Zug (Urbanitz)
Q0 Kills 14
Q1 Kills 06
Q2 Kills 02
-- ----- --
Totals 22

Grand totals
Tiger's: 187
Panther's: 204
StuG's: 72
----------------
Grand Total: 463

Sept. 1943 ...

Next mission (advance, advance, advance...)
Old May 21st, 2007, 06:35 PM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road

Panzers! Vor!

Excellent AAR

Obstmbnfr PanzerBob

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe