World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old September 17th, 2010, 03:39 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: German AI buying behaviour

Both the Mauser and Walther version of the G41 entered limited production for field trials in 1941. After the field trials the Mauser design was rejected and the Walter design was adopted in December 1942.

There are two ( 2 ) units issued that weapon in the game and both are rare picks and only one ( 1 ) infantry unit has it available in 1941 which fits their actual use and availablity on the battlefield

Don
Old September 17th, 2010, 03:56 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

Oh I thought trials meant they shot it on a range or something. In that case I'll revert it.
Old September 17th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Corporal

Brian61 is on a distinguished road

Don, what percentage chance is assigned to an x1 or an x2 radio code, and does the AI buy routine have any way of taking theatre into account? The reason I ask is I keep seeing things in various OOBs showing up a bit early, like for instance, a 6/42 Knightsbridge box, North Africa and the AI is showing up with Valentine III's when according to what I've read, the biggest armor threat during the battle of Gazala the British had was the Grant. Earlier in the same campaign the Grants appeared about two months earlier than historically.

Is this one of those scenario vs campaign needs things, or maybe just too complex to 'phase in' a piece of equipment? By 'phase in' I mean a unit would occur multiple times in the OOB with different rarity codes depending up the date.

I realize this is treading on the nitpicky ground You all have done great work with this game

Thanks,
Brian
Old September 17th, 2010, 06:17 PM

Corporal

Gah, caught the typo too late to edit - in the above replace Valentine III with Crusader III.

Sorry,
Brian
Old September 17th, 2010, 08:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The percentage chance of picking rare is variable. The AI picks units from the bottom of the list upwards and if it finds a 1 for rare it will TEND TO skip it but like a lot of things in this game it runs on variable numbers so "rare" one day you fire it up may mean you never see one picked and the next day you might see one or two ( or five or six ) That is in essence the heart of the game. It's NOT set up to give you a predictable 10 % chance something is or isn't going to happen when you do "A" , "B" or "C" because that's not how it, or real life works

This is partly explained in MOBHack Help . Search for the phrase " Radio Code "

If you have issues with a units start date dig out the source and we'll look into it but these things have been gone over many times and if something IS wrong we'll fix it but be aware sources of information vary

Don
Old September 17th, 2010, 08:42 PM

Corporal

Thanks Don, it makes more sense now. From what I've seen and read the dates aren't off by much if they are actually off and not just a reflection of units that were in theatre but not deployed to a particular battleground at a certain date in history. That might be what I'm seeing with the early Grants; they probably were in theatre and even issued to some units at the time I encountered them, just that historically there were no battles in the month that the long campaign generator created one.

I wish I could afford to buy the books to do more in depth digging but I'm pretty well stuck with net resources plus what I can find in the San Francisco public library (surprisingly they have more than you'd think - ran across some of Guderian's writings there). Is there any chance that in the future we might see some patch for the CD version that would let another player buy the opposing side in a long campaign?

Thanks,
Brian
Old October 10th, 2010, 11:10 AM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

Another thing I changed is the organization of the "volksgrenadier" units. I split them up in 1 normal platoon and 2 assault platoons like it outlined in the September 1944 organizations. The squads of the normal platoon use a typical rifle squad setup, the assault squads use smgs and assault rifles.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ts4EVER For This Useful Post: