winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Malfador Machinations > World Supremacy
Notices

Closed Thread

Old July 19th, 2011, 10:13 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fed Up

Hey, without pressing them via E-Mails, support tickets etc. they wouldn't give any statements here anyway.
It could be a good way if you would simply all write support tickets or E-Mails to Aaron demanding further support on the game, so that he sees that there are still some people who are interested in this game. I think without that he simply won't care, and neither will Shrapnel.
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:21 PM

BANNED USER

Mike_T is on a distinguished road

Just thought you'd all like to see an extract from an email I (and presumably hundreds of others) received from Shrapnel today:

"World Supremacy on sale for $24.95. From the developer behind the best selling Space Empires series comes World Supremacy, the game of modern world domination. Part Axis and Allies, part Superpowers, and all amazing, World Supremacy allows up to eight players to battle for control of a randomly created world using contemporary weapons of war. Take the fight to your opponents using armor, helicopters, attack submarines, nuclear bombs, and more. A simple research tree and basic economic model add to your strategies. With player controlled starting variables, map randomization, and full modding capabilities, World Supremacy offers quite a bang for the buck."

This is the game that wasn't even properly beta tested, and they're still trying to pretend it's a finished product!
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:29 PM

BANNED USER

Mike_T is on a distinguished road

I know ScottWar has contributed quite a lot to this (and earlier) threads. Did he know that his name is still being used by Shrapnel on the WS product page on this site?

"The Balance Mod
This mod was created by ScottWAR and it rocks! He is continually making improvements and as of January 02, 2011 is up to version 1.4.
"

Are you still 'continually making improvements', ScottWar?
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:30 PM

Private

LarryP is on a distinguished road

If I hadn't browsed these forums, I would have bought this game. I sure am thankful for honest posts. Unfinished games really tick me off. Incomplete tested games tick me off even more.
Old July 21st, 2011, 05:36 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_T View Post
I know ScottWar has contributed quite a lot to this (and earlier) threads. Did he know that his name is still being used by Shrapnel on the WS product page on this site?

"The Balance Mod
This mod was created by ScottWAR and it rocks! He is continually making improvements and as of January 02, 2011 is up to version 1.4.
"

Are you still 'continually making improvements', ScottWar?
Hehe, he isn't, because he has done all he can with this mod. The main defective component of the game, the AI, is unmoddable though. So we can't fix the game ourselves. It's Malfador's job.
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:50 AM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillblood View Post
Hey, got a new mail from Aaron today, just wanna share it with you (although it seems he wasn't too happy I shared previous E-Mails here:
Quote:
The office was closed last week so we're just responding to emails now. Yes
we still support this game. We can't beta test a game with only one player.
Sorry.

Its quite possible the fans in the forum we're scared off by our emails
posted in the forum without our permission.

Aaron
Ok Aaron.....
IF you had actually released an even HALFWAY finished product you would have more than one or two people playing this game.
IF you had listened early on when we first detailed the problems and fixed them you might have more still playing this game.
If you had not lied in those e-mails and proven to not want to support the broken game YOU released,....then those e-mails being made public wouldnt make you mad.
Aaron,..you have nobody to blame but yourself for the complete failure of this gmae,...its becasue you completely failed as a developer. You released a broken game and refuse to fix it. Simple as that.
You can e-mail that to him.

As for my mod,....I tried to remove them, but the 'you cant edit after 30 minutes feature' prevents me.
I guess its time to add another post to that thread.
I am also going to add a reply to the forum post about the sale, letting potential customers know they should check this forum and especially this post before the actualy consider buying anything from Aaaron or Shrapnel.
Old July 21st, 2011, 06:33 PM

Major

Tim Brooks is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Fed Up

Okay guys this thread has gone on long enough. We have explained our position a number of times here. I am closing this thread and will remove any threads opened to replace this.

Contact customer support if you want assistance with this game.

Thanks,